Iran 2019

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rumpel, Jan 31, 2021.

1. rumpel

rumpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. rumpel

rumpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Time to leave Tehran, it takes some time to go outside the city limits. We are heading towards the border crossing with Azerbaijan in Astara.

The landscape is changing with more greenery and coniferous forests. At the station we meet a group of Off Roaders with new KTMs , I wonder how despite the embargo they managed to buy such equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Comrade Arturo and franken like this.
  3. rumpel

rumpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We decide that we will spend the night in Iran. We are looking for accommodation a dozen or so km from the border, but it is not easy, several hotels refuse us accommodation, and we finally manage to find something. Owner is a motorcyclist, Azer. There is no madness but whatever.
    We go to the beaches, this is my first contact with the Caspian Sea. Wide sandy beach (not too clean) and full of folklore. Horses, quads, young people racing with cars , the Persian disco music - it's awesome. Eventually I also got the shisha.

Such a curiosity "rentals" of quads or horses have wireless card terminals, shock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. rumpel

rumpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bitten by mosquitoes, we get sleepy. The town is quite specific, all the buildings are quite thickly clad in marble, someone here is doing a good deal on it

A dozen or so km to the border, we refuel at the station and spend the money that we have left, I usually buy a supply of cinnamon gums

On the way we come across a funeral.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG]
    MZ5 and Comrade Arturo like this.
  5. rumpel

rumpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, we're going to the border. Of course, "myfrends" appear and this is the first time I use their services, I just don't want to run across the border with these papers. The guest gets a few dollars per person and after a few minutes we go to the Azerbaijani part and this is where the problems begin.
    Nobody knows where to go, customs officers say one thing, border guards another. In the end, we find the right window, it turns out that we have to come back because the camera did not record or scanned us at the entrance; (ok, we come back. My photos came out clearly, Krzychu has to come back again.
    There is one car in front of us, in the middle she is Azerka and he is an Iranian and a newborn baby and these motherfuckers are breaking their car into parts. The heat is pouring, the baby is crying. The driver complains about how they are treated, he generally complains about the authorities in Iran and is glad that we are leaving this country happily. Ok passport control and finally all luggage for x-ray. I argue with the customs officer that I will not unfasten the panniers and ostentatiously slowly take out the packages one by one from each pannier separately and put them on the tape. After a few minutes a big deal comes and tells me to leave me alone.

aaaaa, of course, they asked us why we were in Armenia, what we were looking for there, what we saw, where we slept and there was no point in going there at all. They want us to show photos and recordings, I say that I do not have a camera (and the camera hangs on my shoulder from the backpack). You can see that both nations do not have love for each other

We take the highway to Baku. At the first checkpoint, the cop stops Krzych and I go a few km away and wait. Probably 30 minutes pass and Krzysztof is here. It turns out that the cop told him to wait on the side of the road. Then cop gone to building while another came up to him, surprised that he was standing there waiting. He told him to go.

i am waiting for Krzych
    [​IMG]

As you approach Baku, you can see more and more flames, mining shafts and pumps. You can see what they have money for. It is slowly falling dark, Krzysztof chooses a hotel close to the city center, we are going to spend two days here and hang out a bit.

10 meters from the hotel, I do not notice that Krzysztof has stopped and I am loading into his left back (trunk), I have a bead (captured on the webcam), Krzych is standing bravely. My pride has suffered;) but what worries me, it wonders, no one was even interested in it, did not come and offered help in lifting the equipment, well.

We change our clothes and move mainly by%, after all, we had a long break, but also exchange the money

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Krakowska

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Shaggie, MZ5, Comrade Arturo and 3 others like this.