Iron Butt Adventures

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Rollin', Nov 15, 2016.

1. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice! Congratulations!!
    413Sean likes this.
  2. 413Sean

413Sean Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anytime while in the great state of Wyoming- Always visit George! He's very accommodating, will direct you towards the next fun destination, great eating and a perfect representation of our moto community. I gotta get back out there, hope all is well, and ol man man winter isn't closing in too soon on y'all :vardy. Its happening quickly in my neck of the woods as the heated gear is on for every ride I go on lately, occasionally plugged in... I'm a wuss with the cold tho....Hope all is well George
    MizzouRider and WYO George like this.
  3. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy hosting, visiting and playing tour guide when possible. I hope things are going good for you .

It’s currently 39 degrees and rain at my house here at 5,600ft, but pretty much any hill over 7,000ft has been getting snow since yesterday evening. Winter is quickly approaching.
    MizzouRider and 413Sean like this.
  4. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I’m following your advice pretty closely. I like it.
    Thanks
    Rollin' likes this.
  5. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Boondoggle

Boondoggle no good deed

Oddometer:
    On the off chance anyone here is looking for it, TOH flag 653 is in Pittsfield VT. Left it at the base of the memorial.
    JustinP, Zencyl and Patch like this.
  7. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    I messaged him
    Leaving your flag sucks.
    :lol3
    Boondoggle, Zencyl and LeMaitre like this.
  8. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    Still haven’t gotten my cert from June.......
  9. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I happened to look at my certified ride history ....

Would never consider myself a certificate rider, in fact I have a number of 1000 days that I never bothered certifying as I am more interested in different or unique certificates. But I noticed that I am only 3 simple SSs away from Mile Eater Gold.

I wish I didn't know that :lol3

Looks like I'll try to squeeze in a few this fall.
    kwthom, Versatek6, 1oldsickle and 8 others like this.
  10. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    You have to...

[​IMG]
  11. 413Sean

413Sean Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes as Rollin says. Great group of enablers here!
    LeMaitre, Rollin' and Patch like this.
  12. varnerju

varnerju Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing. It is always fun to watch live and even more fun to watch the animated 'results' after the fact.
    I got an email for the SBR Day1 report and in there it refers to day minus one, but I don't remember getting a link to that. Some googling and URL guessing hasn't helped me find anything. Anyone got a link to follow the rally dailys?
  13. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    Finished my new 'Places I Have Ridden To/In' patch. All 50 states and Alberta, Ontario, Yukon Territory, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Saskatchewan. Rode to all of them except Hawaii, I borrowed a bike to ride on the Big Island.
    Realized I rode to 49 states two or more times, rode in Hawaii once. Those 49 states and Alberta, Ontario, Yukon Territory, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Manitoba and Saskatchewan were also part of one or more Iron Butt rides.

A lot of great memories. (Staying in the lines is hard!)

[​IMG]
    Norty01, MizzouRider, 413Sean and 8 others like this.
  14. kwthom

kwthom Fully inoculated!

Oddometer:
    Hey there...betcha you guys think I ran off and forgot about ya. :lol3

So, short ride on Monday to collect another location for the Nat'l Parks Tour we started earlier this summer.

State 24 (home!) and stamp 41 collected. Nine (or more...) locations won't be that big of a trip. Slightly beyond a day trip...but hopefully not by much.

SWMBO really needs to get herself to her chiro and get realigned to quiet down the minor nerve issues in her back she's dealing with. Thought the ride on Monday would help, as it sometimes does - nope.

Just need to be certain that, beyond Thursday of this week, the parks and all will still be open.

:dirtdog

We'll keep any additional CSMy related comments out of the thread. :nah
    Cheshire, 413Sean, JustinP and 4 others like this.
  15. kwthom

kwthom Fully inoculated!

Oddometer:
    Wait - did *you* embroider that patch?

Wow...nice work!
  16. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    Nope. Just added the colors, that was hard enough!
    413Sean, Bigbob1, varnerju and 2 others like this.
  17. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    I was going to let this go but what have you done?
  18. kwthom

kwthom Fully inoculated!

Oddometer:
    Me? Work like that?

Zero patience, personally. My wife is the needlework expert here, so I'm well aware of the difficulty in doing it. She's done a few holiday stockings... currently doing one for grandson number one.

Kudos on the effort.
  19. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    What this patch shows.
    49 states more than once, a ride in Hawaii, 30 IBA rides, an IBA Silver and Gold, 3 trips north of the arctic circle and more including the last trip my wife was able to do to Nova Scotia in 2013.
    And you?

[​IMG]
  20. kwthom

kwthom Fully inoculated!

Oddometer:
    I think my wording earlier may be a bit of confusion...I was commending you on the physical creation of the patch you've shown. I read elsewhere that many are simply colored in - with a Sharpie. You've taken yours to the next level - again, nice effort, which was what *I* was trying to explain two posts back. That kind of needlework effort is beyond my ability. patience.

Your riding exploits are well-known, and well appreciated by those of us regularly participating in this thread. In fact, the first post in the thread lists your accomplishments to that point. So, I understand the significance of the patch fully.

Me? I'm still a lightweight in this LD riding thing. :D Only five SS1000's, a couple of BBG's, and a 48-10. My wife and I are 75% of the way thru a NPT Master two-up, riding thru over 25 states to collect 40+ stamps to date so far this summer. I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of October. Over a year ago, I shared my (then current) spreadsheet somewhere in this thread - I can't find it this early. The NPT is the tenth certified ride completion. I've done over the last decade, with 13 certificates earned. Every ride I've attempted has been successful, knock on wood.

So, nope, *I* can't color anything in beyond the 49th parallel if I was to create a patch like that. My one and only opportunity to visit state #50 was courtesy of my then-employer, which prohibited me from pursuing a ride, since we were there for a total of four days. I've never crossed the 49th parallel by land or water, so I've never been to state #49.

A lightweight. :bow

Again, apologies for the confusion in what I wrote earlier. :type
    MizzouRider, 413Sean and AwDang like this.