Is Canada Post delivering your international orders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trialsguy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Trialsguy

Trialsguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone else seeing this ?

I have two separate parts orders coming in from the US and the UK. In both cases the tracking numbers from the senders show the packages moving inside the respective countries right up to the point of leaving to be delivered to Canada Post. When I then try and track from there, the Canada Post sites both say 'not received, waiting for package'

The US order left there on April 25, and the UK order has been over a week now. Is our mail system SO backed that they aren't able to scan international packages into thier system for THAT long ?
    cmattina and Cal like this.
  2. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seems to be hit or miss. I ordered two different small things from the US recently, one arrived in just over a week and the other is still not here after 3 weeks.
    Cal likes this.
  3. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    Canada Post tracking is truly messed up of late.
  4. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a shipping from the States that has been stuck since June 8
  5. Anachronism

Anachronism Lived Too Long

Oddometer:
    I have ordered several packages from the UK since last November, only one tracked all the way through on both systems.
    The tracking # should register @ some point in Canada but mine didn't even upon delivery.
    Average of three weeks to arrive from the UK.
    Major backlog in the plants out east right now as the volumes are xmas levels since April due to Covid/online purchasing.
  6. Some_Dude

Some_Dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can’t remember if it was on here or in real life, but someone told me that due to the increase in online shopping and reduction in staffing Canada Post’s main distribution centre is ~170 truckloads behind on processing (that number probably not current as of today, so they may have gain ground... or be even further behind).
  7. gumbellion

gumbellion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Say it ain't so!
    I have a cylinder on its way back from Ken O'connor Racing that i have been so excited to get into my 77 yz250 functional restoration build.
    I hope is squeaks through
  8. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here with packages from the UK, Royal Mail three days to leave the UK Canada Post three weeks to get delivered.
  9. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...not any better to the south - got a couple of things coming to the US from Europe; tracked one to and through customs in Athens, Greece - flew out of Athens, supposedly, on June 2nd - still hasn't landed anywhere ;)
  10. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve had several issues with CP in the past couple of weeks. Packages that seemingly sit idle for a week and then without the status being updated, they show up at the door. No explanation of the delay.
    Cal likes this.
  11. CCitis

CCitis Long timer

Oddometer:
    We will see how it goes. Just placed an order out of the states... normally would come to my box just south of the border here in a matter of days for minimum shipping costs. I am spoiled, now I have to pay the more expensive international shipping, and know that it may take some time to arrive. Luckily nothing critical.
  12. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Front fork valves ordered from California on May 10th, they are stuck or lost in the international shipping terminal in LA. Canada Post tracking says the first order is slated for delivery by July 10th hahaha but it has not been found in the LA system!?) Shipper (Ricor) was kind enough to send a second package on June 4th and it has tracked all the way to Vancouver and then Richmond and cleared customs on June 12 th. It still shows further processing in Richmond as of June 19th
    cmattina likes this.
  13. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got a bunch of stuff coming for misc. Old cars we're working on. So the stuff from England looks like a sure thing, Fed/ex though so paying a ton to get it. The bit for the Hotrod are coming from CJ ponys out of the states, totally fucked up and no answer on the phone or response from Email. Thinking they might be dead from Covid. At least Moss is on their game again. I'll see if C post will deliver as I have it shipped USPS. Plus we have Race tires stuck at Betta's just south of the border, been there since March. 14 day quarantine to go get them. Working on that next week. This pandemic is being a real pain in the butt
    Cal likes this.
  14. Miller.a

Miller.a Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Canada post is a disaster lately. I ordered something from asia. It got to Vancouver in about a month and took 2.5 months to get across the country. I also had a package coming from about a 45 min drive from my house. It was shipped express post and was supposed to be here the next day. It took 9 business days.
  15. Trialsguy

Trialsguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    *sigh*. Thanks for confirming that it's CP in general for people these days. Luckily these aren't things that will prevent me from riding. I guess they will arrive when they'd do.
  16. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I got 47 packages sent since Feb-Mar. Received 13 so far.

All are saying they've been in Canada for over 2 months now.

So yeah, something's fucked up.
    Cal likes this.
  17. I82l8

I82l8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    They way I see it CP got a double whammy with this Covid-19 crisis.
    One one hand the are short staffed and have a bunch of rules to obey and on the other people are buying on-line more than ever.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    It's called Canada Post & Storage for a reason.

:1drink
    Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  19. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    As I said in another thread my sister in law was laid off from the main plant here in Calgary over 3 months ago because of 6 people testing positive for Covid. She has not been called back and is receiving full pay. Such are the benefits to working for the Gov.!
    Night_Wolf and I82l8 like this.
  20. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    I got my Held gloves from the Netherlands, within 4 days of initial tracking. No tax, no duty. Best price ever.
    Canada Post is delivering on Sundays here. Maybe a contractor, but CP van.