1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Canada Post delivering your international orders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trialsguy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    I read this post thinking it was regarding Canadapost and my jaw was dropped.

I am often pleased with UPS and fedex.

CanadaPost has been abysmal lately. Sitting in small sort facilities (not Mississauga or montreal), or even the back of the post office, for days.
  2. tbas3

tbas3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I actually forgot the title of this thread was about Canada Post. I have also noticed that my packages do sit for many days at sorting facilities with Canada Post. I used to avoid UPS due to their absurd brokerage fees. They seem to be quite reasonable now.

Both UPS and Fedex have been doing quite well lately. Fedex even delivers here on Sundays now.
  3. Newbusa

Newbusa Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve had a package sit in Ontario at Customs since April 15 th, stil no idea when they will release it. Fricking amazing
  4. Anachronism

Anachronism Lived Too Long

Oddometer:
    Ordered a small package last Tuesday from the UK & shipped Royal Mail. Received it this morning via Canada Post (west coast) including a trip through Canada Customs w/no charge, Fantastic!
    Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  5. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think some times packages fall on the floor or behind a conveyor belt and they find them weeks later! I had a small box in LA for over 2 months and it finally showed up after the second replacement order showed up.
  6. SaugeenADV

SaugeenADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a number of things on order - nothing urgent but at the same time I would like to receive them ---- SOMEDAY!

ASV levers ordered from Rottweiler - Feb 22nd - I was given an update that they are shipping today - Hurray!
    A panel breaker - Ordered in January - ETA is June (this one is funny because its for a heater for my shop so June is "perfect". I do have a lower amp breaker I am using now which allows me to run the heater in low)
    Brake rotors and tires for a second set of wheels for my bicycle - ordered early March

Deliveries seem to come most days as I have 2 teenagers, times have been random at times. I have had a package from amazon ship from Mississauga to Michigan, back to Mississauga then finally to me - process took over a week - I live 2 hours from the warehouse.
  7. hwunger

hwunger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes CP is very slow but 3 parcels arrived
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  8. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    Got some riding gear from a US based inmate in very good time via USPS and CP.
  9. SaugeenADV

Oddometer:
    Thanks Canada Post - Super helpful LOL!

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 4.10.25 PM copy.jpg
  10. SaugeenADV

Oddometer:
    Still waiting... this is after placing the order on Feb 22nd. I was in no rush then but its been 3 months so I kind of want my stuff now. (back order on ASV levers is to blame for the biggest delay)
  11. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Placed and order on May 19 with a US outlet. Received the order today (May 25) via Canada Post.
  12. radmeister

radmeister Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    so . . . item posted in alaska on may 10 at 7:05 pm according to usps

todays usps tracking search reveals:
    May 26, 2021, 5:06 am
    Departed
    TORONTO, CANADA
    Your item departed a transfer airport in PEARSON INTERNATIONAL, TORONTO, CANADA on May 26, 2021 at 5:06 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

canada post tracking search today reveals:

Delivery progress

Information updated: May 26

Date Time Progress
    May 13 9:35 am
    International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
    Uslaxa, USA

8:35 am
    International item processed in originating country
    Uslaxa, USA

May 10 7:05 pm
    International item mailed in originating country
    87048, USA

who is (not) running our postal service?
  13. HatesSnow

HatesSnow Waiting for Summer

Oddometer:
    I've received a few things via Canada Post (international and domestic) in the past couple months. CP has always been good, packages arrive sooner than predicted (and sooner than I thought) but customs has been a long wait sometimes. I ordered a UNI prefilter from Aus and international tracking was almost non-existent until it hit Canada, then it bounced back and forth in customs forever until it was finally released to CP. It was at my house the next day. In my personal experience ups is the absolute worst, followed by fedex. DHL has been good in the past (no recent experience) and Purolator (majority owned by CP) has also been great but is almost never a selectable option.

I find that usually when there is a lag in the tracking updates it is almost always some delay at customs. Around here CP also delivers packages weekends and evenings.
  14. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    I live in northern Ontario and CP has been abysmal. Fedex, DHL, and UPS are always early, whereas CP, even when running ahead of schedule in the Toronto, arrives on time, or a day late.
  15. Northern_Rider777

Northern_Rider777 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where did you order your helmet from?

I was looking at helmets on Revzilla and it said “due to carrier restrictions this item can’t be sent to Canada.”

Thanks!
  16. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Northern_Rider777 likes this.
  17. Northern_Rider777

Northern_Rider777 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    Louis.eu is also decent. ships DHL for 30 euro (flat rate). Usually gets to me in about 5-6 business days. (faster than usps)
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  19. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Packages coming from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia have been brutally slow lately.
    Night_Wolf likes this.