Is Canada Post delivering your international orders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trialsguy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    It's not just CP. Stuff coming via Purolator has dropped into a black hole lately listing a "pandemic delay" when it reaches either Mississauga sort facility or the Belleville terminal, then appears ten days later.

My driver says 30% higher than Christmas peak, with no staffing increase like peak. Max profit margins there...
    Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  2. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    7 days via DHL - 2 weeks ago. from U K.
    cmattina and gpfan like this.
  3. filterx

filterx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a cheap part shipped via USPS from the USA held up in customs for almost a month and IMO most likely where the delay is but some times they clear the shipment in a few days.
  4. Trialsguy

Trialsguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The package I have coming in from the US (mailed on April 25) just popped up on the CP tracking site this morning with the message that expected delivery is a further 5-7 days.
  5. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Purolator's majority owner is Canada Post so I would not expect anything ground breaking out of them.
    Night_Wolf and cmattina like this.
  6. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got some Royal Enfield stuff coming from India. Took about 2 weeks to get confirmation of actual shipping in progress. Coming by DHL. Their tracking says by end of day July 3rd. Here in Ont. ordered some spindles for my mower deck. Shipped CP with tracking showing next week for delivery. Showed up yesterday on a FedEx truck. WTF?
  7. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mississauga is truly a black hole of parcel delivery. I have this vision in my head of one single person unloading trucks by hand one parcel at a time, while taking endless coffee breaks. I had something take 4 weeks to come from Richmond Hill to KW. I could've walked to Richmond Hill and back several times while I was waiting. A couple of things from US West coast have been faster, possibly because they come through Richmond/Vancouver. DHL from Europe seems quicker than a Star Trek transporter operated by Scotty hisself.
    ACR likes this.
  8. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been trying to restore two bikes and have had an issue with a couple items being shipped.

One was shipped Royal Mail and is stuck in the same state as your's ("item leaving the UK"). The issue i think is two fold:
    1. Canada Post/Royal Mail rely on commercial airlines and do not have their own planes. So with international travel down, it is hard to get items out.
    2. Montreal sort center is having a harder time than other sort centers - even domestic items are substantially delayed.

Frankly, the SELLER should contact Royal Mail and have it declared lost, make a claim, and send you a new one via Fedex, DHL or UPS. That is at least what I expect of a seller.

I ordered a few items from RMstator out of Quebec, and because they have good customer service they started using Fedex because of the Canadapost backlog. If companies are having major delays with one carrier, they should switch instead of just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and using Covid as an excuse.

Anything mailed via Canada Post from west to east has made it here quickly (all times it actually made it here early).

Most items from the US have made it here with a slight delay (a week or so).

I have had no delays ordering parts from Royal Distributing.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  9. BetterLateThanNever

BetterLateThanNever It turns out you can't delete your account...

Oddometer:
    Honestly, Canada Post isn't even delivering my domestic orders. Yes, something I ordered from the UK took three months to get here. But my delivery times from FortNine are close to a month, now (despite their web site saying 3-4 days, and customer service claiming 2-3 weeks). Mississauga is also where my packages have disappeared into the abyss, FWIW.

I'm not sure how universal my problem is, but it's pretty much stopped me from buying anything I don't absolutely need, motorcycle or otherwise. The season is too short to wait a month for something. I actually fear for the economy a bit, if Canada Post continues to underperform. Weakest link and all that.
    Night_Wolf and cmattina like this.
  10. CDMAN

CDMAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been ordering several items from Canadian suppliers and getting delivery within two weeks. I consider this not bad in the current conditions. Ordered parts for my trials bikes from BVM at the end of March and had them 3.5 weeks later which I understand was that the shop was working with only a few staff on limited hours. Usual delivery from BVM is 1 week (or less).
  11. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think "squeaks" and "functional restoration build" should be used when rebuilding a 2 stroke???:rofl:D
    gumbellion likes this.
  12. gumbellion

gumbellion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're right. I guess I mean Ring ding ding ding ding!
  13. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    on a slightly different note:
    Canada Post charging 10 dollar "handling fees" to collect 10 dollars in GST. not impressed.
    gpfan and 250senuf like this.
  14. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Fedex will gouge you upwards of $40 to do the same. AFTER you receive it, the bill will show up. Done that to me three times now, if a vendor ships via Fedex I'll call them direct and if they won't ship via any other shipper, I tell them no sale, and find a different source.
    Night_Wolf, ACR, Adanac rider and 2 others like this.
  15. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    i agree.
    Fed Ex is a no go.
    period.
  16. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    UPS Standard isn't any better. UPS Express is brokerage-fee-free, but costs a lot more. One of those pay me now or pay me later deals.
    EmmEff and gpfan like this.
  17. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    my choice: USPS preferred.
    Night_Wolf, gpfan and 250senuf like this.
  18. Drif10

Oddometer:
    DHL is straight up, no bull. Accurate tracking, text and email the moment it clears customs, with easy ways to pay, and reasonable fees.

Been quick shipping too. I wish more bike accessory companies used them.
    Night_Wolf, sturgeon and gpfan like this.
  19. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    yup. DHL is worth the slightly higher fees. a streamlined process.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  20. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wish more companies used pre-clearance and collected the fees and taxes up front. At least that way you know what you have to pay before you order.
    250senuf and gpfan like this.