Is Canada Post delivering your international orders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trialsguy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Finally got my order from Japan after 3 1/2 months. Bravo Canada Post.
  2. Davey107

Davey107 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    KTM fuel filters and fuel pump from Greece, 28 day to get to Abbotsford via Greek post and Canada Post.
    I'm ecstatic!
    Thanks GEFR!!

Dave
  3. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a silencer for my 1948 BSA B33 from Armour's in Bournemouth UK. on August 8th (a Saturday late evening email) They confirmed order and told me the shipping cost on Monday Aug. 10th. I paid with plastic on the 11th. Received receipt on the 11th and product was picked up by Parcel Force on the morning of the 13th. Arrived at my door today; the 17th before 10 am by Canada Post. Four days total from pick up to delivery at my door is fantastic service from both Parcel Force and Canada Post. Very Happy!!!!
    radmeister and Cal like this.
  4. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does CP have a different procedure for foreign shipments? ie. After the shipment clears customs, is it handled differently? My experience has been mostly the transit time, in Canada, is not too bad whether foreign or domestic origin. Delays have been mainly in customs. At least that is my experience in the last while. Maybe I have just been lucky.:dunno
  5. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    FC Moto helmet, ordered Aug.6 , shipped DHL, released Canada customs Aug. 14, Mississauga, and turned over to Canada post, left at the door on Ontario's west coast Aug 18, not bad in my books considering.......

The big thing for me is that I seem to have bad luck and get nailed for duty , tax, etc, this time nothing, only a couple hundred bucks total, but I,ll take it :1drink
  6. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    DHL is expanding their services here in Canada. They used to turn all shipments over to CP for delivery in Canada but they have now started to deliver themselves. If DHL delivers, you will likely get hit with all fees, taxes, etc. If CP delivers you have a good chance that you pay little if anything.
    As far as I can tell, you have no control over how DHL handles the shipment once it gets to Canada.
    Also of note....DHL charge me duty on a rear rack from Slovenia. I questioned it since motorcycle parts are supposedly duty free (at least from NAFTA countries). DHL refunded the charged duty to me.
  7. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    It used to be DHL had no extra fees (my boots from Germany & my Givi luggage from Italy) just the GST due upon delivery
    yamalama likes this.
  8. B-Nads

B-Nads Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered an oil pan for my CB500X on July 7th. I paid $64 USD for priority post, it didn't get shipped until the 20th (Cyclepartsnation), it cleared US customs on the 22nd, and showed up here on August 25th. I'd traded the bike in by the time the part arrived.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  9. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Placed an order with AF1 on July 16th; got a notice on July 20th shipping would be delayed as a cpl parts were not in stock. Got notice the order was finally shipped on August 14th. Arrived in my mailbox Yesterday Sept 10th

Placed on order tonight from Fort Nine for a new Kappa KRG 52 liter top case for the V85; lets see how long before it gets here
  10. Sandy346

Sandy346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought some used bags from east coast USA, they arrived in under 10 days,USPS.-Canada Post. I’m on Vancouver Island so add an extra day for parcels to get to processing centre in GVR. I have also shipped several items across the border with no noticeable delay.
  11. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    8 days from England to Vancouver. No duty. Cannot complain at this. Thanks Royal Mail and Canada Post!
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  12. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got a goldwing throttle body from Washington state to Alberta in 9 days. another Ebay order is on it's way from Tennessee, I haven't seen any significant delays from the US, couple packages from Canada ended up missing the truck for a day or two but the tracking system seemed accurate.
  13. BCBackRoads

BCBackRoads Travels with Gumby

Oddometer:
    I ordered some parts for my Jesse Bags from Jesse Adventures in AZ which were shipped on Aug 24th via USPS. It was interesting following the tracking as I think the parts passed back forth from LA to SF at least twice before shipping to Canada. The parcel was "out for delivery" in Kelowna on Monday Sep 14th, but Canada Post suspended delivery on Monday for two days due to the smoke in the air. For some reason it took another two days to actually deliver it today. 25 days in total. I'm not really complaining as they arrived without duty or taxes due.
    MGV8 and Night_Wolf like this.
  14. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered from GP Bikes on Oct 30. CP delivered today, Oct 5.
    Certainly can't complain about that.

Edit - Ordered on Sept 30.
  15. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    That's almost 11 months to deliver!!
    250senuf and Night_Wolf like this.
  16. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, ooops. Obviously should have been Sept 30. Any month before that would not have elicited the "can't complaing" comment.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  17. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a couple of things coming from China. After a couple of weeks I tried to track thru Amazon. They put the question to the sellars and I get the same thing. Here is your Canada Post tracking number. Checking it out I get Canada Post has no record of those numbers. Why even post a number?
  18. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    I ve order stuff off ebay europe since it's often cheaper then local even with exchanged etc. Eg Honda forza drive belt 125 with rollers. 325 .00 locally. Anyway Canada post get the job done. 15 to 29 Days from England or Italy . Only once had a shipment out of the usa get charged duty etc. It's DHL etc that are charging bogus fees . You can easily self clear you package and avoid paying their fees. Canada custom rules allow it . Google on how to do it but basically you going to go the nearest canada customs and pay the taxes etc . You ll save about 30 to 100 bucks by doing this.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  19. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I ordered some Bumot panniers on Thursday, received them the next Tuesday, via DHL.

From Sofia Bulgaria to Kingston Ontario in five days is damn good. Just paid gst.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  20. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Clutch and brake levers from South Africa arrived at my door 12 days after ordering. Came via DHL all the way. Seems they are not using CP to deliver anymore.
    Night_Wolf likes this.