1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Canada Post delivering your international orders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trialsguy, Jun 21, 2020.

1. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    Yes I experienced the same thing with some packages I shipped to the US. They were completely AWOL, no scan at all from customs and from cross country transit. No scans for over 3-4 weeks. Then all of the sudden they scanned for local delivery in the US.

A few took a month and a few days to get delivered in the end. Most took 3 weeks during the holiday season. d

The stuff I shipped out to the US these past 8-10 days has already made it to destination. It appears that wait times are normalizing now and the scans from every step of the process are happening again.

And no lost packages yet.

I am officialy off Fedex and back with Canadapost/USPS. I will switch back to Fedex only for the next holiday season or if I feel Canadapost is slowing down too much again for my likings.

I really liked fedex but the drop off location was way too far to be convenient for me and their customs forms are more complex and time consuming.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  2. xscoobysnack

xscoobysnack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered some boots just after Christmas that shipped out of Germany and arrived today. They used Fedex until they reached Canada, then Canada Post from there. Tracking worked very well, so much so that I could see these things were stuck at customs for most of the time. Pretty happy with the time it took and it's winter so I wasn't panicked.
    Cal and Night_Wolf like this.
  3. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Which boots & what store? My Sidi Adventure Gore Tex came from Germany 8 yrs ago & were about $300 cheaper than buying locally
  4. xscoobysnack

Oddometer:
    Just some cheap Bogotto boots from FC-Moto to round out my collection. Montevideo is the style I bought. Quality seems OK but we'll see.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  5. BjornBsrkr

BjornBsrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    These examples are not international, but domestic. They still show Canada Post is asleep at the wheel.

#1 — Ordered on January 16th from Ottawa to north GTA. Lands in Stoney Creek (went right by my place!) on January 20th. Hasn’t moved since.

#2 — Ordered on January 16th from Montreal to north GTA. Lands in Mississauga on January 19th and as of this morning, the status is, “delayed indefinitely, check back later”.

#3 — Ordered on January 16th from Barrie to north GTA. Lands in Mississauga on January 19th (again, going right by my place) and as of this morning it too has been “delayed indefinitely”.

Thankfully, riding season still looks to be a ways off.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  6. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hung out on a Canadapost subreddit while panicked for my outgoing items and your story is very common.

In the end all of my stuff makes it. Nothing gets lost but boy you need patience.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  7. xscoobysnack

Oddometer:
    Isn't the Mississauga facility the one that had something like 120+ positive cases recently? Not surprised stuff is backlogged there. Not trying to defend Canada Post but Covid has forced us to reset so many expectations.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  8. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dec 9 -> Dec 30 for LETTER from Nelson to Calgary. "We're prioritizing parcels at the moment" was the answer I got questioning the tardiness.
  9. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Night_Wolf and gpfan like this.
  10. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Small packaged sent Royal Mail from the UK shipped Jan 12th, left the UK and handed to Canada Post on Jan 13th delivered to me today Jan 27th :patch I guess the good news is they didn't lose it.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  11. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well looks like we got our deal just in time.
    Same pipe, same ad now listed at $365 cnd.
    And that with 22 percent off regular at 4something...
    Someone over there is getting transfered I think.

MFS
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  12. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered an intake system from Rottweiller in California. It showed being in the sorting facility in LA for several days. Nothing showing on CP tracking except "waiting for arrival". Then the tracking showed everything from LA to Calgary and delivered to my door, all in one morning.
    It seems that CP is having some issues picking up tracking info on International shipments. End result is OK in that the shipments arrive but it is a little frustrating.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  13. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    On some Outgoing packages I had the same problem. I think because of high volumes they go thru facilities without being scanned.
  14. OringeKrush

OringeKrush Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Been waiting almost 4 weeks for some boots from fcmoto... getting a little frustrated now. They left ontario headed for BC 10 days ago
  15. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    ordered from Italpads in Italy on the 14 th of Jan and it arrived Jan 31 not bad at all.
  16. squonker

squonker Stupid is the new norm

Oddometer:
    Canada Post isn't even delivering my orders from within Canada. Don't get my started on the international ones...:becca
  17. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Made two different orders from Ebay last month from China. First order made Jan.11th, delivered to my mailbox in rural southwest Ont. on Jan. 29th. Second order from different seller made Jan. 16th. Delivered today. Tracking on both parcels was good up til they were handed over to CP. Nothing from them but both came from customs clearance wherever that took place, in 3 days so reasonably happy so far.
  18. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Free DHL shipping from Germany on Jan 21st.Good size box for the small $12.88 item.:-)Showed up in my CP mailbox today.:nod

IMG_20210208_140812.jpg
  19. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Received a desktop from UPS today. Box mangled, keyboard broken and scuffs on the computer.
    gpfan likes this.
  20. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Less likely to get lost. The just right package size could have gone missing.
    cmattina, gpfan and Night_Wolf like this.