Is it Too Cold?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Halfway, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Halfway

Halfway There

Oddometer:
    I was riding My F800 and the temperature said it was 33.7* and it was flashing?

but it felt like it was running fine. Maybe i have never noticed it before.
    Any one else know what im talking about?

it was about 30 degrees F
    i dont remember what the wind chill was.
  2. CamoGreg

CamoGreg aka Camorpheus

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a freeze warning. Many thermometers will flash at a point where ice on the road is possible.

More a warning for you than a problem with the bike.

Research the owners manual.
  3. Monkey_Boy

Monkey_Boy Los bichos atacan

Oddometer:
    Around 38 degrees there is a chance for freezing road conditions, hence the flashing - which is just a warning for those of us who are too dumb to know this without a warning... :norton
  4. Halfway

Halfway There

Oddometer:

you were right :D! thanks. i feel loved knowing my bike is trying to tell me to be safe. haha
  5. RobTheRigger

RobTheRigger Killing threads here since 2008

Oddometer:
    Ahhh...a case of RTFM! :D
  6. Black Coffee

Black Coffee Banned

Oddometer:
    It was cold and dry on my ride today.......except when I passed under a train bridge. BEWARE THE TRAIN BRIDGE UNDERPASS. I pulled in my clutch, relaxed, and coasted the DL650 over about a 4 foot long ice strip in the straightest line possible. I know, who gives a shit. Just look out for that shit folks.
  7. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Left Vegas early the other day the temp was not unpleasant. But, within twenty miles of riding south and climbing out of the valley floor, the temp had dropped way down to the point that the F800's pooter was flashing at me. I figured it was just telling me to stop freezing to death as there was literally no moisture in the air. Pulled over and got the northern gear on and continued on to watch the temp drop to just above freezing. OK. Enough's enough so I pull over for some brekky and wait a couple of hours for it to warm up. Incidently; apparently mine will flash 'ICE' when the conditions exist. I think I heard that.