Is Mano pass in Baja open?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by Captain Canuck, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If so, anybody got a track?
  2. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Gaspipe sent me one but I don't know what I did with it. Check with him.
  3. BBriggs

BBriggs El Noobo

Oddometer:
    If I'm thinking correct you are referring to the road from Laguna Salada over the mountains to north of Valle La Trinidad. If so I went over it 2 years ago all was good then. There are a lot of places the road could wash out. You go through about 6 gates, we tolked to the rachers and at the time granted us acesses. I have heard that gates are getting lock in this gennerl aera.

I can't find the tracks from the trip but it is on the LBMaps. It was pritty easy to find from the west but could a little harder to find from the east side as it comes out in a large wash.

I'd give it a 50/50

Berg
  4. gaspipe

gaspipe 50 years in the saddle! Old School ADV

Oddometer:
    Here's what I have on El Mano....

Attached Files:

5. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info.
  6. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    This thread is really old----and I'm planning on attempting El Mano pass soon-----I have the track thru there.

But--------can anybody give me some newer info if a guy can get thru there-----I've heard conflicting reports from people that didn't really know about it-----they were just reporting from here-say.

thanks !!

BigDog
  7. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've tried twice getting thru there--------the last time was just last year------the deep sand ate me alive.
    I'm too old for that stuff. I stayed right on the track but the wind, rain and hurricanes obliterated everything that resembled a road or a trail.
    Right where I gave up-----there was a very nice expensive big black SUV all beat up-------and if it could be stolen out of it------it was. Kind of spooky. I think the motor was gone.

BigDog

[​IMG]