Is Shrine Pass Open?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 309, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    This weekend I’ll be bouncing around between Frisco, Breck, Leadville and Beaver Creek. I’d like to stay off 70 as much as possible. I’ll be on a Ducati Scrambler so I’ll skip single track and baby heads but I am stupid enough to ride it off road otherwise. Open to suggestions and would like to know if Shrine is a possibility.
  2. Merfman

Merfman Cape truster... Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Merfman likes this.
  4. Kawasakirob

Kawasakirob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shrine pass is open, but if your looking to loop it via Ptarmigan Pass, part of Ptarmigan is closed. The northern half, FS 747 is closed.
  5. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I was just looking at it as a way to do some riding and avoid 70. We’re staying in Beaver Creek. Driving from Boulder in my truck. My wife will be dropping me off in Frisco with my moto and my skateboard. Frisco, Breck and Leadville all have amazing world class skateboard parks. I’ll be using the moto to get to those before meeting the fam in Beaver Creek. Trying to find the best riding routes for that.
  6. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    Edwards has decent park too, just down from Avon. Nothing compared to Carbondale's though.
  7. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:

Edwards isn’t a favorite but I’m glad it’s there. Never been to Carbondale but I’ve seen plenty about it. Bigly.

The new Frisco park is maybe my favorite anywhere. Breck, Leadville and Silverthorne are all great too. I trying to figure out a way to spend summers in Summit county.
    MountainsandRivers likes this.
  8. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would do Breckenridge , Boreas Pass, 285 , Weston Pass, Leadville, Hagerman, Eagle. I think I have done exactly this and then bombed home on I70. Longish day but fun.
    Assfault likes this.