Is that a car tire on your bike?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by scorch, Oct 1, 2019.

1. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Riding the snake.. 421. Its funny alot of these roads are becoming bike destinations. I got here and there were a bunch of cops at the resort under the shade. a bunch of canam riders. I love how the resort has glass cleaner and chain lube for riders and paper towels. Such a nice touch. When places are so far out there that their economy is motorcycle based it's pretty cool. I remember riding here with a bunch of friends and on the stretch from Damascus VA to shady valley they got reckless speeding tickets, i wish cops were more linient on bikers if they are going to come to places as destinations and help their economy.

I road 421 and it was fun, just as i finished the road i got slowed down by a bunch of harleys only to see a sherrifs car going the opposite way. I guessi should thank the harleys
    Davidprej and wilfred like this.
  2. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    On the way to the dragon i found lots of cute little backroads, one was 321 and it took me almost all the way from va to the dragon.
  3. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    The tail of the dragon is pretty fun. But i always find it to be really dense with motorcyclists. In this trip, i didnt find many cutting through the double yellows or riding too crazy. It's a nice place to stop and look at bikes, but i never find it a good idea to ride hard. I've come here several times, and people always get in accidents and have hospital visits. Two riders i came with ended up going to the hospital on a ride a few years back and i swore i would not join anymore group rides to the dragon. So now i come alone.
    [​IMG]

Lots of people seem to crash here
    [​IMG]

i do love this sculpture

[​IMG]
    EZMoney, Davidprej and wilfred like this.
  4. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Reached the tail of the dragon. But my sleeping pad developed a hole. I tried to patch it using a tire patch kit. Damn uncomfortable sleeping. Got completely drenched at one point, but thats the best if it's warm out.
    Davidprej and wilfred like this.
  5. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I thought i found some new roads around Deals gap, a backroad that lead from one section to the moonshiner. I found these two dogs that seemed to be lost. But then i realize they were hunting dogs. Later on th enext day on the dragon i saw a dead dog on the road, it was a different one. But still kind of freaky
    Davidprej likes this.
  6. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Riding the vstrom offroad
  7. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I finally arrived at Tinks house in Arkansas. Thanks for letting me stay here, just last month i was there on a cb500x, i feel like im moving in at this point. They are an awesome stay if you are heading west or east. Conway is a supercute area and the downtown is nice and a great place to explore the ozarks. I wonder where that ozark show is sopposed to be filmed?
  8. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    A short clip from the dragon, i didnt get a good run. But i also made it a point to ride slower than i usually do.
  9. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I decided to see how tough the TAT was in Arkansas. Just around the Ozarks. For some reason Arkansas and Oklahoma pave their roads with large boulders i didn't appreciate that
  10. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    The mississippi is pretty epic. Not the state, just the river
  11. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Nothing like dirty roads
  12. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Sometimes people online call you names. One guy called me a none rider, not sure what he means.
  13. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Riding through oklahoma i saw new housing developments starting at 180k. thats insane.
  14. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Whats it like to ride on the darkside offroad?
  15. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I got to colorado, and i wanted to spend alot of time riding colorado. But it was freezing. So i got out of there. But i did manage to visit Durango for a bit
  16. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Finally got to Utah
    CROSSBOLT and 2wingdoc05 like this.
  17. Meriwether

Meriwether Following big footprints.

Oddometer:
    Thumbs up all round from me. I like your spirit.
    Cheers, Mark
    scorch and CROSSBOLT like this.
  18. vicmitch

vicmitch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about using a car tire on my Victory to do Prudhoe Bay since I can't find aggressive tires for it. You are certainly making the real world case for me
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  19. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    When i first got this tire, it was almost a joke. Wanted to see if this worked, and was ready to throw it away almost as soon as i put it. But the opposite was true, it works great, lasts much longer. And i like that i dont have to find bike shops riding across the country to change tires, or carry tires along on a road trip. I also want to do the Alaska thing, i will definatly do it on the darkside.
  20. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I've seen the mississipi river a few times, but it's always thorugh a highway, never stopped and looked. I'd like to do a ride just from north to south to really admire this large thing. I've always wanted to do a ride to louisiana like easy rider, i might do that in the future. But i stopped here to take a quick break and to look at it. Bridges and rivers are always on my list of things to look at.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.