Is that a car tire on your bike?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by scorch, Oct 1, 2019.

1. dredman

dredman Dirty Moto-Tourist

Oddometer:
    I went DarkSide on my V-Strom, put about 40k on it before trading, even had to replace the moto-tire on the front on a Canada trip.
    I also Darksided a big, heavy cruiser too, averaged 25k per tire (<3k average moto-tire) - - see my DarkSide playlist for more info

@scorch - Enjoying this thread for the RR and amusing videos, and loving the same, tired, weak gripes about Darksiding - been listening to it myself for 8 years and close to 100k miles (been riding small bikes the last few years, or I would still have BF Goodrich :lol3 )

I would argue about performance in the dirt, as I always had good experience on mine? But I probably rode 10-20% dirt also?

Glad you are having a rational conversation here, I can imagine all the trash talk that has been deleted?
    Davidprej and scorch like this.
  2. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    It started in Texas, things tsarted to kick up to my legs. Over and over, and i kept thinking its gravel, then it really started hurting as i kept hitting one after another and and didnt see any gravel. Pulled over and saw grasshoppers all over the road, really large ones. I guess they are locusts or something. But they hurt like hell
    Davidprej likes this.
  3. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I was in shiprock, and i was so suprised about the poorness. Tons of stray dogs everywhere, and they would hang out at mcdonalds for their lunch
    Davidprej likes this.
  4. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I revisit where i crashed 3 years ago, only to almost be taken out again. That friggin turn is deceiving. wtf
    Davidprej likes this.
  5. dredman

Oddometer:
    hard to stop the big bikes.....car tire or not :)
  6. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Suprisingly in that crash 3 years ago i was on a mc tire. People see that photo and blame the tire all the time presuming it was a car tire. But if the car tire was never in question people wouldn't blame the tire, they would blame the rider... Which was the correct answer imo

After doing a 15k mile ride on mc tires i wanted to go darkside to see if i didnt have to stop and change tires 3 times. It worked this time, and i got enough meat on the bone of the tires to go to mexico now.
    Rollin' and Davidprej like this.
  7. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    For some reason i went back to taos because i liked that plateau Blm land, but this time it was rainy and cold and fogy, this place has range
    rufus likes this.
  8. dredman

Oddometer:
    Ha, I made a "crash video" of me riding around on a car tire - suckered in 8k anti-darksiders looking for the smoking gun. All the saw was me blasting around a neighborhood magically NOT crashing - so much outrage :)

As soon as I saw that turn I knew what happened, saw exactly the same turn (except much worse) a few years before, and it took out a rider behind me. Good on ya for dissecting the crash, maybe it will help others?
    CROSSBOLT, Clampett and Davidprej like this.
  9. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    You troll! (I love it)
  10. dredman

Oddometer:
    I prefer the term provocateur

Troll - someone who starts fires on the Internet for entertainment, with no end goal in mind other than creating chaos, typically for selfish pleasure

Provocateur - someone who makes outrageous statements and acts to confront bad ideology, and make positive change from destruction (hopefully)

One is an arsonist
    One is an artist

Think about it: How many trolls make videos?

Glad you enjoyed it.

Now back to the thread !! :1drink
    Treadless, scorch and Davidprej like this.
  11. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    After leaving New Mexico taking some backroads in Clovis i realized the gravel wasn't gravel but sand. I can't say i like the feeling of your bike sliding all over, specially the front. The rear i dont mind.
    Davidprej likes this.
  12. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    I really like Taos, NM. But the Mcdonalds there is the only place i've ever gotten kicked out on a ride.
  13. Davidprej

Davidprej Davidprej Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm enjoying the videos, but not the cursing. I'm old fashioned that way. Continue having a great time. I've to a Vstrom as well.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  14. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Yeah i got to stop from cursing. But habits are hard to stop.
    borderlinebob likes this.
  15. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    saying good bye to the valley of the gods 80s style
  16. dredman

Oddometer:
    And they are just words....some of us are more eloquent than others? I try to stop cussing on YouTube because they REALLY don't like cussing - tough on the kids I guess? :rofl

Keep 'em coming scorch, cussing 'n all - I like the emotions and expression.......darn it!
  17. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Damn mcdonalds worker took a major crap in the bathroom for 24 minutes! If you work there and need to take a crap, do it at home. Whats with mcdonalds only putting one toilet in the mens bathroom?
  18. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    As a poor person i always find it a bit challenging to eat while on the road. Road food is just a bunch of fried garbage
  19. dredman

Oddometer:
    what a great topic! I hate road food, but have also had some of the best food in my life while riding. I might tackle this topic myself since I am on Keto? Carrying crap is always the tricky part, especially refrigerated junk?
  20. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Absolutley, id love to hear what other people eat on the road. But sometimes people take photos of their food on rides and it just looks like throw up. At least mine is cheap and relatively healthy. Keeping food cold is tough, and anytime you cook just adds alot more stuff to bring along. If i had a stove i'd probably take oats and water. Even noodles are great for trips.