Is the quality of Fox riding gear dropping?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by B1, Jun 1, 2020.

1. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    I used to use Bombers a long time ago and they were great. But wouldn't touch them now, too much negative feedback.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  2. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Just an update. My report on the apparent drop of Fox's quality was based partly on a few bits of Fox gear I've owned but largely on the hundreds of individual rider reports out there... and so many say Fox gear used to be great, but today it's mostly low quality Chinese-made crap that falls apart quickly.

I just noticed another Youtuber has released a similar video which is mostly based on his own experiences with his old Fox pants, jerseys and boots lasting forever, but all his recent gear falling apart very quickly.

T-34 and Ginger Beard like this.
  3. flybynite

flybynite So far so good

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of FOX boots which are still good in the sole and leather area but some of the plastic buckles have cracked off the surrounding plastic guards.
    That was my last FOX purchase. It is crap.
    T-34 and B1 like this.
  4. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    I've just been reading the most recent comments from Fox's Facebook feedback page.

Fox's feedback rating has dropped to 3.1 out of 5 stars now, you can read the full comments here.

These are just the most recent comments, I went through until I finally reached a positive comment.

"$500 instinct boots are falling apart within one year."

"Motorbike helmet fading... Don’t buy their cheap china junk!"

"Received gloves with a hole in them.... No answers, no replies, Nothing. Its like of its a ghost company."

I bought a V2 helmet which had rusted buckles with less than 10 hours of use"

"I slipped kicking over my bike and the starter went went through the side of the boot"

"£140 helmet, 4 months broken already, sent numerous emails, no response back"

"Very disappointed with their lack of response and customer service."

"Customer service don’t even exist."

"Wish they’d respond to emails... a $100 sweater that fell apart after two washes."

"I‘m very disappointed... never received the parts.... still waiting for refund"

"The worst brand in the world".

"Fox instinct boots, after 10 hours inside stitching is undone and straps/buckles breaking."

"Terrible customer service."

"Customer service is a joke"

"The worst customer service I have ever experienced."

"Horrible experience with the German webshop... still waiting for the refund."
  5. Clockwatcher

Clockwatcher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its like the man said , cheap chinese crap from china , stop buying that stuff , Fox Gear is just a label in a conglomerate .
    They dont care if you bad mouth their stuff as long as they get your dollars .
    I personally try to buy American made goods in an effort to support American business. All it takes is a little googling and raising your personal standards.
    1greenmachine and sibyrnes like this.
  6. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    I wish I'd started sooner, but over the past six months I've been checking country of manufacture on everything I buy. It's going to be a challenge avoiding the Chinese stuff but I like a challenge!

Out of interest, I see that Fox is persisting with their 'premium' Maverick boots being made in China, but the latest Comp boots seem to now be made in Thailand. It will be interesting to see if there's any change in quality as a result... and why they changed.