Is there anyone going NORTH from Singapore in Mid December?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by God of Speed, Oct 27, 2008.

1. God of Speed

God of Speed brrraaaaAAAAAAAP

Oddometer:
  2. God of Speed

Oddometer:
  3. bikermice

bikermice Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you looking for someone to ride all the way north with you or only till certain destination, like, eg. Malacca, Hatyai or Koh Samui. We do have some local guys here making trips up till various destination in Malaysia and Thailand. As your notice is kind of vague, do post a little more details of your trip like intended day of arriving/departing in Singapore and whether you are prepared to stay over in various destinations in Malaysia and Thailand.

One more thing, it's the start of the monsoon period from Dec thru maybe Feb around this region, so be prepared for it too.
  4. God of Speed

Oddometer:
    ok well, to be date specific.
    the ship would be arriving 13/12 in singapore.

i would be all unloaded and ready to go by 16th at the latest.

then i would want to be in koh phangan around 23rd of december. not to worried about the route there.........
  5. God of Speed

Oddometer:
    so obvously singapore - koh phangan is at least a 5 day trip. having some local knowledge would make me feel a great deal more comfortable. so any little bit would help if no one happens to be going the whole way, its not as if its not something i cant learn anyway.

it WAS a long shot............:eek1
  6. bikermice

bikermice Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Planning for a Christmas party in Koh Phangan eh? You can join up with somes rides organised by some Singapore bikers planning for a trip up north but beware, some goes pretty fast (speed wise) which is beyond the state legal limit most of the time if that is fine with you :D Do check the local forums like SBF

Look under the trip thrills section where the guys will post up interest in having a ride up on certain dates.
  7. bikermice

bikermice Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It could be longer than 5 days, depending on how fast/far you wanna ride a day. First thing you have to learn is about the road culture here in Asia. Though Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand are generally safe, drivers in cage or less tolerance on the road, esp to smaller/slower motorcycles. Tailgating is common and so does lane change or turning without using indicators, they could be a PITA sometimes so be prepared. :evil
  8. belgarathc

belgarathc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bikermice has good advice. Check out Singapore Bike Forum and post a thread there if necessary. There are organised rides from Singapore to Thailand every now and then.
  9. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey dude...to ride there it will takes 2 days if you going to skip viewing Malaysia...meaning you ride all the way straight to Thailand using the North South Highway...

I did once a solo ride on my XR650R to Koh Samui last yr in September.

Well,i started the journey at midnite,say around 0030hrs....so when riding in the night,practically nothing much to see...but the journey would be smooth from traffic,and cooling....Arrived at Thailand,Hatyai around 10am.
    just take note not to leave your bike out of side during stops at petrol station.and if you need to go to the toilet,make sure your bike is being look by the pump attendant....alot of Singaporean bikers lost their bikes recently too...

anyway i am off now to sent my gf...feel free to check out my ride report here.
    http://aj77.multiply.com/photos/album/68/Finding_the_inner_me...solo_ride_to_Samui

http://aj77.multiply.com/photos/album/69/2nd_phrase_of_Samui

hope it will be a little help at least...

good luck...if you need any kind of help when you land here,you can look for me...PM me for number..:freaky