it was a nice Saturday morning until...

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by Buzztail, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ke4yyq

ke4yyq Ham

Oddometer:
    I have already started messing with the bike. The get off tore the right side cylinder guard off, broke the mount for the right fog light, and broke the right hand guard mount. The fog light was repaired with some 5 minute epoxy and it`s hard to tell the damage. The hand guard mount will have to be replaced but it is only about $20. The cylinder guard is shot, It did the job by absorbing the impact but was torn up and mangled pretty bad. I wanted to build some guards that are a little more beefy anyway. Over all the bike did well considering how hard I went down.I am thinking my first ride will be at the end of next week. I can`t think I will be able to hold off much longer than that. Nothing off road for a while though.
  2. Sevoman

Sevoman Ever Vigilant

Oddometer:
    I am a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) Good luck with the recovery. The soreness in your neck will gradually go away.

Sevo
  3. SomeAssemblyRequired

SomeAssemblyRequired Here kitty kitty kitty

Oddometer:
    That's good to hear about the neck. It was driving me insane over the weekend, producing absolutely splitting headaches to go along with the neck pain. Today it's much better, so your prognosis is spot on.:thumb

Now that THAT form of pain is subsiding, I can start to deal with the pain of bringing the bike back into form. :uhoh KTM doesn't gouge on parts, but they do add up. Right mirror is integrated into the front brake fluid reservoir, so what should've been a $40 part is more like 6 times that price. Throw in front cover, windscreen, turn signal, crashbar that is bent beyond repair and a subframe that needs straightening, and before you know it you're up to $1500. Ouch.
  4. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    The sand was easier on my ride than on me. Two bills will get me going again- counting the upgrades
  5. Hatch

Hatch We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!

Oddometer:
    damn yall, some gnarly shit! remind me to not break any shoulder/collar bones please!:lol3

Buzztail - I noticed yer lack of an avatar so I figured I'd cobble one up for ya:

[​IMG]

if its not your thing thats cool, just my contribution to what must be a shitty situation to find yerself in. heal quick!
  6. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Staples came out this morning. Doc says I'm doing pretty good, and the numbness in my shoulder will go away as the nerves heal. Mobility is pretty good. I can get my elbow just above shoulder high. I'm still not supposed to lift anything, or over do it. He said he'd rather see me stay off the bike for another three weeks (surgery +5 weeks) and no off road for a month or so after that. I go back Sept 8 for final x-rays and such.
  7. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    NICE!! Thanks!

I tried to get the X-ray guy to let me give the salute for one of the films- no dice.....
  8. SomeAssemblyRequired

SomeAssemblyRequired Here kitty kitty kitty

Oddometer:
    Hey Buzz, got my stitches out on Fri -- supposed to limit lifting to 5 lbs but mobility is pretty much full. No more sling, no more sleeping upright. :clap I expect green light to ride in 3 weeks, although crashing around on singletrack will be delayed until after Labor Day. Meanwhile it feels great; getting those bones lined up with the titanium plate saved a lot of downstream pain.:eek1
  9. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    I agree with most everything you said! I slept laying down from day one though...I told them that I'd be on the bike when I came for my next visit!
    I really feel like the plate and screws is the way to go. Nobody belives that I feel as good as I do this soon.
  10. ke4yyq

ke4yyq Ham

Oddometer:
    Got my staples out last Wednesday. Within a few days was feeling like I was fine. Got the bike back ready to ride ,and did a few short rides around town. Only cost about 20 dollars to repair so far. But the valve cover guard has not been replaced yet.It will be a little over 100 dollars by itself. Not sure yet if I am gona replace it or get different kind of cylinder guards all together.
    The doc did tell me to take it easy for a while , I don`t think I am gona make it as long as he is thinking though. Although I will be riding easy for a while. Don`t want to have to start healing all over again.
  11. John2453

John2453 Back in the northeast.

Oddometer:
    Is it the pain or the inability to obtain a solid cheek weld? If the pain, you can drop to a smaller caliber. I don't know if you hunt. But, .243 and even .22-250 will take down most medium size game. I've read of natives in Alaska using the .22-250 to take large game with neck shots.

If you target shoot, I'm sure you know how popular .223 Rem is even in hi-power matches.

:dunno

12. NoleDiver

NoleDiver trees are hard

Oddometer:
    I think if we work together we can hunt pretty well. I can hardly walk and can't carry much, but can shoot just fine.

You see the potential here, don'tcha??:evil
  13. Buzztail

Oddometer:

Yes I do. Scallop season is still here I'll kick if you use your arms....
  14. NoleDiver

NoleDiver trees are hard

Oddometer:
    NoleDiver can swim just fine with one leg!

Looks like I may miss scallop season. :cry Because the wound was so bad the doc is still worried about infection and may not let me swim in germ-infested waters before the end of the season. This of course sucks, but I don't want to gamble hunting season over a few scallops so I'm gonna behave and do what he says. I don't mind shuckin' and drinking your beer, tho. :lol3
  15. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Drysuit?:deal Where there is a will......
  16. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Turns out Coonbottom is right handed :huh back to the drawing board.
  17. NoleDiver

NoleDiver trees are hard

Oddometer:
    I'll do it if it has A/C. You ever been in one of those things? They suck pretty bad.
  18. NoleDiver

NoleDiver trees are hard

Oddometer:
    I knew your hypothesis was shit.
  19. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Yes I have, and yes they do. But I was wakeboarding in Janurary too. Still froze my ass off. I need to just sell those wakeboards.....
  20. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]