Italian Cars. old, new, ugly, exotic, anything from Italy

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by AceE, Mar 6, 2018.

1. AceE

AceE supermoco

Oddometer:
    plumer1kt and SkunkWizard like this.
  2. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    SkunkWizard likes this.
  3. SkunkWizard

SkunkWizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made some parts for this a few weeks ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. High Hope

High Hope World's Best Dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s gorgeous!
    AceE likes this.
  5. SkunkWizard

SkunkWizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    restored by Michelotto
  6. AceE

AceE supermoco

Oddometer:

nice! neked photos of 333Sps are still hard to get. I think thats S/N 028 also, the only one that is still with the original owner, also no race history if im not mistaken. the same one I photo'd with a crappy digital cam in the tent next to G. Bergers '91 F1 car at the '99 FCA annual national event at Road Atlanta that I posted a few pages back.

I got to work with both the late Gerald Roush, founder of The Ferrari Market letter and Dave Siebert, author of many great books on Ferraris when the 333sp were new so looking at the numbers and history of each 333SP sort of rubbed off on me.

thats probably the same F50GT also. what are the chances? 33% ;-)
  7. SkunkWizard

SkunkWizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has been spending a lot of time at thermal (Warning do not click on this unless you have million'$)
    http://thethermalclub.com/

Ciao!
  8. AceE

AceE supermoco

Oddometer:
    oh by that I meant actual race history, some the few that have no race history have had more wear & tear than the ones with significant race history.

originally Ferrari would not sell 333Sps to private owners, only racing teams. the first one with no race history (#006) was obtained though a slight of hand and Ferrari was not happy. and they made it known in a very controversial way that involved low oil pressure.
  9. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    DogBoy likes this.
  10. High Hope

High Hope World's Best Dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tell us more!
  11. AceE

AceE supermoco

Oddometer:
    that was a long time ago.. RRIII was so pissed he nicknamed the car P'oil and even had it written on the car for the first few years.

12. AceE

AceE supermoco

Oddometer:

I feel exactly the same way as this man does about the Italian cars, rather have that 131 Brava than an F40 or even my fav Ferrari the 333SP. nevermind what they are valued at but I mean c'mon those 131s are 3x WR Champion of the toughest automotive championships on the planet! would also rather have that S4, Pure automotive insanity at its best right there.

that particular 131 is a little bit puzzling though, it had Brava tail lights which were not available until '79 and although both look nearly identical outside, the rear inner body work between the '78 & '79 was significantly different so updating the '78 tailights to the '79 ones in an unnoticeable way would not be easy and everything else on it suggest it is a '78 131. (not a Brava from '79)

he also said it was a 2 valve head but right away I noticed it was 4 valve Abarth head just as all the Abarth 131s were.
    Ive had five 131s myself and have maintained several more for other folks. love them. nice to see these machines pop up this week with Leno.
  13. norther

norther Mind=Yes Body=No

Oddometer:
    Seen in Nelson BC. FAD38330-A596-4A28-86AE-101F18F83F8A.jpeg 1447C63A-081A-4F02-AC15-629D77674B42.jpeg
    zzzak, 996DL, DucaIan and 8 others like this.
  14. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    I'll leave this right here....crank up the volume!

Venteuri likes this.
  15. Venteuri

Venteuri I don't give a shit

Oddometer:

This guy, my respects!
    Mr. Vintage likes this.
  16. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
  17. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Not mine. Early 124 sport coupe seen at a local repair place.

IMG_5646.JPG IMG_5645.JPG
    plumer1kt, zzzak, Solaros1 and 3 others like this.
  18. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    While the first name isn't Purrari, sorry meant Ferrari, the last name is Dino and it's full blown 'Talian born and bread - '68 Fiat Dino 2000 Cpe V6:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. MagyarMan

MagyarMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in the day a good friend had a 124 sports coupe in that lovely mustard color. We both drove it at autocoss events pissing off the Datsun 510 drivers to no end.
  20. AceE

AceE supermoco

Oddometer:
    not sure Abarth ever did any 124 coupes? still have two of those mags (real magnesium) very light.

124 Coupes dominated mini stockcar racing in the SE and still would if there were any left. that fiat twincam was just that much better in stock form than anything else. so many of them got destroyed that way and its such a shame too. they were a better car than the 124 sports, same drivetrain but stiffer chassis and they were actually lighter than the sport/spider.

many of the mini stockcar racers switched to 131s when the 124 coupe well ran dry, not as dominant as the 124s but able to survive crashes much better. the 128 coupes were dominant in the FWD ministock classes (special lympics lol) but not many will mourn those losses.

I hated seeing the 124 & 131s get tuned into oval racers but had many friends who ran them and got several local track championships between them. X/19s were the autocross car to have though and dominated the national autocross championship in class for over a decade.

restored a Dino coupe years ago but swore I would never do another simply because the only place to get anything for them was superformance and they were the absolute worst company Ive ever dealt with in the bz (YMMV) and in the I-car bz thats no easy feat. that dino v6 is one of the best sounding engines of all time but the only way I'd have one would be in a Lancia Stratos.