It's my first time on another continent

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nikvuksa, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    vicmitch likes this.
  2. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this plate, obviosly it had be more at least one more! :D
    It was end of our second day of beautifull trip! Tomorrow we will continue with exploring of this faboulous city! We like everything here! :-)
  3. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    3rd day, 03.06.2018.

Planned route for 03rd day: Istanbul, plenty of kilometres of sightseeing.

For day in which we didn't plan to ride the bikes, we planned to explore Istanbul. After breakfast in hotel, we went through beautifull Guhlane Park. It was garden of Suleyman, one of most known "sultans" (rulers) of Otoman Empire. Park is next to Topkapi palace, which was residence of many sultans during centuries. We were walking through park and trying to imagine how it looked like 500 years ago. Very impressive...
  4. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After Gulhane park and Topkapi palace, plan was to got to Eminonu bay, where we will ask about Bosphorus cruise. Cruising will start in few hours, so we will have 4 hours to spend. We went across Galata bridge and going through Ishtiklal pedestrian street which leads to main square, Taksim. When we went to top of street and square we returned by small tram. Tired from walking, we made small break for turkish coffee and turkish waterpipes (narghila's) in one authentic turkish coffee shop.
  6. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Next, going to Galata Tower. Didn't got inside and to top, because it was too hot that day...people almost falling from top of tower :D, so we just took few photos, videos and going back across Galata bridge to harbour where we will wait for cruising. In one of many shops next to Tower we bought one sticker of turkish flag that we will stick on top case. :-)
  8. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There are plenty of choices about cruising. From very long and expensive till smaller and much cheaper, and there is public cruising, that people of Istanbul use for going from one station to another. So we took that one. It is only about 2.5 eur per person but goes almost everywhere like cruising for 20eur per person, and it took about 2.5 hours for ride.
  11. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    While cruising, something that we most like and got all our attention was Domabahce palace. It was residence of sultans after Topkapi palace. Domabahce was built like some western palaces. Something that we didn't like is new modern buildings beside "old" part of Istanbul. Feeling somehow that they don't belong there...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some of us has enjoyed cruising, and some were sleeping a lil bit. :D

[​IMG]
  14. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After cruising we went to dinner and evening spent in one coffee next to hotel, drinking tea and smoking "narghila's". There are some places that we didn't manage to see, but it is only reason more to return in this beautiful city.

We were making new route for exit of Istanbul to Ankara. Navigation says only through EurAsia tunel, which is prohibited for motorcycles. Owner of shop accross of street were saying that we should go accross Galata bridge, through Besiktas and it is closest way to highway and 1st Bosphorus bridge which will lead us directly to Asia. :clap But also, road through center can be worse traffic, especially on Monday morning...but we decided to listen local citizen and go that way, no matter if it will take few hours for exit. God help us!
  15. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    4th day, 04.06.2018.

Planned route for 04th day: Istanbul - Ankara. About 460 km.

Breakfast in hotel is from 07am, at least they've told us like that. We got up earlier, so we can prepare everything and to leave asap to avoid Istanbul traffic on Monday morning. Looks like they didn't accept someone will be on breakfast exactly at 07am, so breakfast was late. Meanwhile, Aleksandar and I went to pick up motorcycles which were parked couple hundred meters from hotel. In moment when I went with right let above motorcycle, my left knee has been dislocated. My old problem has come again...damn...

Pain as never before so far. I couldn't move my leg, somehow got stuck in some posiiton. I can't go now to see doctor, as I know only cure for this is surgery, and promised to myself I will do it in next few months. Aleksandar helped me to put down motorcycle from central stand and slowly ride it to hotel. Of course, I was pissed off, but still don't want to show that I am in problem so wouldn't worry my wife and friends.

First thing to take as much as possible painkillers. From sleepy stuff in hotel taking glass of water and he gave me hot water instead cold, so I burned my tongue too. [​IMG]
    Not my luck today... [​IMG]

About 8am we went from hotel, ready for traffic...
    Crossing Galata bridge, easily through Besiktas and after only 10-15 minutes, instead couple of hours we are on bridge which will lead us to Asia!
  16. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is...Asia...few meters from us! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After 120km and only about hours and a half we made small break on Shell gas station. Coffee, snacks, ice for my knee. We were talking how easily we went from Istanbul, totally unexpected!

From Istanbul, we used highway, but only partially, as soon we are going on smaller national road. This was route from Istanbul to Ankara:

[​IMG]
    yamalama likes this.
  18. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    :clapNice ride report of an area so rich with culture and beauty. Thanks for posting!
    nikvuksa likes this.
  19. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After only 40km from break, we turn right on national road D140. What a refresh, riding through many curves than highway. As we are going more and more into mountains, nature is more and more green. It reminds us on mountais near our home town. We missed few moments for taking photo, so made small break on 200km from Istanbul. We were very happy if next 260 km for that day will be like those...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]