It's my first time on another continent

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nikvuksa, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good bye Asia!! Until next time, I hope soon! [​IMG]

After few km, we are in front of small place named Eceabat, where we stopped for first morning coffee in some coffee shop. There were waiting two older and very hospitality Turkish guys. We were first guests that morning. They were interested from where we are, where have been so far, but not knowing english, so we used hands and our logo to explain them. Gave them like present one sticker which owner of place put it on glass. We were honored so much! :-)

[​IMG]

Till Greece border we had about 140km. We planned to get fuel tank as it is cheaper in TR than Greece, and we know that in GR we don't have too many gas stations on road. About 5 kilometres before GR-TR border is huge traffic. I thought maybe some accident but it is all line till border. Easily and slowly we going on front of line, asked few cars before end and please them to let us. Border is bridge on river Marica which we saw first time in our first day on journey, in Plovdiv. Marica was known in Serbian history during XIV century as one of borders with famous Byzantian Empire, so it is nice to see it. :-) Few dozens of kilometres Marica is going into Aegean sea. From Turkish side of border, there is army with machine guns, while on Greek side, situation is much more comfortable.

Very early we arrived to Kavala, so we decided to go one more time to beach, this time Aegean while in Turkey we were in Mediterranean Sea. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DavidM1 and RedDogAlberta like this.
  2. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We even had enough time to explore Kavala at afternoon and evening. Too bad that we were only one day here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Night we spent in resting and fooling in apartment. We were checking non stop weather forecast as for tomorrow they said thunderstorms and huge rain all the way, and less than 20 degrees. As we have two possible routes, final decision we left till next day in morning when we will have to decide on which route we will be less time on rain.
  3. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    15th day, 15.06.2018.

Planned route for 15th day: Kavala - Sofia. About 360km.

As weather forecast said it will be storm through whole Bulgaria and it was sure we can't avoid it, we decided to have some more sleep finally, to take breakfast and go. There is only less than 400km, so no matter when we will come to Sofia.

We went on national road Kavala - Drama - Serres - Kulata. Road was typically greek, main road is very narrow which can not be compared with national turkish road. As we are going north, clouds are getting more serious...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    But, we were faster than rain, at least for now. :D Very fast we arrived on GR-BG border which we passed so far fastest. On first OMV gas station we made break for best coffee on all gas stations. We noticed that we were lucky that no rain so far as from sides there was obviously huge rain.

We went further to Sandanski, Blagoevgrad and final capitol of Bulgaria, Sofia.

[​IMG]

In one moment Aleksandar is in front of me, and I noticed that his rear tire is almost totally flat. We had all equipment to manage with it, but we were only 1km from Sandaski city, where we found tyre service which made his tyre normal again. :-)

As we are more closer to Sofia, clouds are more darker, obviously we are getting into storm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And again, when we thought we are faster than rain, and have only 40km till our hotel. Than we went an exit from highway to Sofia South Ring. In moment of turning right we saw dark, black, blue sky. On first gas station we got fuel and take on our rain suits. From that moment we have less than 30km till hotel, so we thought we can't be wet for such short time...

and than after few minutes...

Only few minutes we rode on huge storm and hail. Rain suits were correct, but gloves and boots were full of water, as our legs till knee were literally in water, so no wonder why we were wet.

We stopped again on next station, only 15km from hotel.

[​IMG]

Very soon after that we arrived in hotel in Sofia. What a great feeling when you were so much on rain on motorcycle, and then you arrived and you are on dry, everything is funny, and you are happy!!! :-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, tour and explore of Sofia wasn't planned anymore, as we must stay in hotel to dry our gloves and boots. :D Weather forecast for tomorrow for Serbia said it will be same disaster as that day was in Sofia. So, we went to supermarket and bought trash can bags and rubber gloves, just in case we will need it again... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    16th day, 16.06.2018.

Planned route for 16th day: Sofia - Cacak. About 390km.

For that day, forecast said that rain in Sofia from 09am, Nis Serbia from 10am and in our home town, Cacak from 12am. So, plan was to go as early as possible and to arrive in Cacak before rain or to be as less as possible on rain.
    As Sofia is GMT+3 and Belgrade GMT+2, means that with crossing the border, we will get additional one hour. We went from Sofia at 08am with rain suits on us.

From Sofia till border we have about 75km and all way in national road, not highway. Speed limit is about 60kmh and we were going almost double. We hoped that someone will "blink" us to warn us about police. We are aware that we are in dangerous about penalty and unsafe driving, but in that moment are only goal is to come to home before storm and to have warm beef soup in our favourite restaurant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very fast we entered homeland, Serbia! Ride further without stop. Planned rest is on half of highway, about 220km from Sofia and 160km from Cacak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Translation: Almost home!

A lil bit further and we are very close to Cacak. For whole journey, almost 4500km we didn't have any risky situation, but than on about 60km from home, dog ran out on road, and one truck crossed our line. Lucky and with enough awareness we arrived in Cacak, 12:15, almost like we planned!! :-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally we are in our restaurant "Mladost" (Youth). We had coffee, rakija, beef soup, and some serbian meals. :clap
    DavidM1 likes this.
  6. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As there is one Serbian saying: "Svuda pođi, kući dođi!" Meaning: "Go everywhere, but return to home!"

Whole journey for us was wonderfull. Full of memories, impressions, photos, videos, a lot of experiences and for us so far, the most kilometres on road, we returned home very very happy and proud on ourselves, on whole road, organization that we made together from begin till the end! I wrote on one serbian forum, and told them personally, but want to thank to my crew one more time, for all, for travelling, for sharing moments, for patience and for support during our journey! [​IMG] :-) [​IMG]

Thank you all guys for reading and watching! All to you I wish to realize journey like this with your lovely friends and family!

If anyone have any question I would be glad to answer on it. And I want to apologise if my english wasn't perfect, I hope you understood my thoughts and my words.

These are total expences and costs that we had in whole journey:
    * fuel – 295 eur
    * pay toll – 21 eur
    * all hotels, including all inclusive in Antalya – 750 eur
    * service in Antalya – 60 eur
    * other costs for everyday – 410 eur
    Totally: 1536 eur

For end, I would like to share with you are video that we made about our trip.
    As modern vlogers would say: like, share and subscribe. :D
    My instagram profil is: nikvuksa
    You can find a lot of photos there. :-)

Enjoy our video!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Outstanding! Thank you. :clap
  8. SteveTheLocal

SteveTheLocal Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well done! Thank you for taking the time!
    I had an opportunity to ride the n your country as well and loved it.
  9. nikvuksa

nikvuksa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you! :)
    Next time, don't hesitate to send me message when you are in Serbia. Would be glad to help and meet.
  10. m_karakus

m_karakus Mustafa Karakus Bursa/Turkey

Oddometer:
    Nice trip...