It's Sheetiron time again.

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mootsuno, Mar 11, 2009.

1. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Long timer

Oddometer:
    here ya go

Attached Files:

2. Creech

Creech Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Al! Thanks so much for the pull start! I felt REALLY bad about the boys and hope no long term damage had been done. I was going to offer you dinner once we got into ft. bragg but you disappeared before we hit highway 1. Glad to see you made it back ok. Our second day ended up being WAY harder than the first.

Thanks again man!

-Creech (2 up on the 950...)

3. Creech

Creech Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the GS was Louv, who was with us as well. We'll have to see if he's willing to ride with me again.. :)
  4. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Thanks a bunch.

I see they found the "secret" back way to Stonyford from Indian Valley Reservoir...How did you all like that rock garden at the top of the ridge? I really gotta ride in Cow Mountain (when it's NOT hot, of course).
  5. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

Yeah, we were advised to keep the front wheel on the ground, stop for red lights, no more passing on double yellows and maybe obey the speed limit on our way OUT of Lake County.:lol3 The guy in the second car seemed upset that I didn't run and came back down the shoulder to pay my dues with my buddy.
    :turkish

We're lucky bastards!! :super

[​IMG]

I saw you on your way out Sunday, you looked hot and intent on going home..I couldn't holler loud enough for you to hear me. Thanks on the movie.

:beer
  6. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    No prob, it was cool to do it. Plus, it always pleases me when I'm actually prepared for something. Yeah, the wedding tackle took a hit, a relatively light hit in the grand scheme of things, unpleasant as hell, but fortunately a fairly quick recovery.

Sorry I flaked -- I saw my wife standing in the parking lot of the Columbi (on the way into town) and pulled in to say Hi. I tried to catch up probably 10 minutes later, but didn't see you, or, actually, anyone at the ending point.

Speaking of dinner, we found a kick-ass little Mexican joint, about 6 tables, little tiny place, awesome tacos. They're about a half-block off Main St. Perhaps next year I'll take you up on the dinner offer. :dg
  7. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    Was that you on the Tron lightcycle? :rofl
  8. ApexMolester

ApexMolester george of the jungle

Oddometer:
    adv-s1.jpg

I saw your group and took several pictures of all of you. Great job in Cow Mt. by all you Big Adventure Riders!
  9. ApexMolester

ApexMolester george of the jungle

Oddometer:
  10. T O Double D

T O Double D Pogue Mahone

Oddometer:

Damn dude! You have far more determination than I. One of my friends on South Bay Riders told me he was impressed with some ADV guys, but I just thought they took the easy way. I can see you're not that sane! :clap

Cheers!
  11. Louv

Louv nerd with knobbies

Oddometer:
    True dat. I ain't sane. :rofl

The bike is capable of all that. It was me that needed the help of my friends to get through some of the hard stuff. Now I need to go work out more so I can lift the planet.
  12. GoSpeed

GoSpeed 'getting there

Oddometer:
    Have done the SheetIron (hard splits) over the past ten years on typical dualsport bikes. This year I have an Adventure bike (Ducati Elefant 900) and did the easy splits. I was more anxious about how this trip would go then I've been in a long time. First real test of riding this kind of bike off road.

The bike held up great. Not a single hiccup. I'm feeling much more confident on the beast, now. It handled very well. Tried to pull over and let the faster bikes pass me whenever I could. A tip of my helmet to the BMWs and KTM 990 Adventurers that rode the hard splits. Very impressive.

I took a bunch of photos on Saturday, and then promptly had the camera fall out of my pocket as we headed to dinner Saturday night. We ate at the Mexican place just past the Brewing Company, north end of town. Anyone find a silver camera? Fuji FinePix. Oh well.

Thanks all. See you next year.
    - John :wave