"I've Been Everywhere, Man" Living the song on two wheels.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by swedstal, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I admire the quiet finish. That would be my way as well. I prefer to fly under the radar and not draw attention. Swing by for a cold one in time great but a parade into town wouldn't be my thing.
  2. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I totally agree. That’s the way I’d finish. Lost my Dad about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Lost my Mom about a year ago.
    Just stay safe, and stretch out the telling of the last few weeks as long as possible. In the 30s here tonight. My bike is staying in the garage.
  3. simbaboy

simbaboy Lansing MBS Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you choose to ride through Michigan to Ombabika, you have a home here in Mid-Michigan.
    In exchange for our hospitality you get to play 'Take It Easy' on my guitar. Deal?
    Take Care,
    Imu

p.s The ZIP for our home is 48820.

Winslow is on my 'bucket list'--The Eagles are great (touring again, btw) and Glenn Frey was a 'local' dude.
    [​IMG]

May add a couple of days to your riding versus your own ride plan.
    [​IMG]
  4. GNPskier

GNPskier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let me know if your path takes you through Whitefish, MT and I can get you a warm bed, shower, and a garage for annie if needed.
    swedstal, knight and simbaboy like this.
  5. interceptor1972

interceptor1972 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brett, I think you made the right decision of ending it at the cemetery! And while we're all with you, this should truly be an ending with your family present. Once you're done, settled in and get back in the routine of daily life, I'd love to come by and visit you next year (assuming you're not in Tibet, Australia or New Zealand doing more Everywhere trips!!).

Have enjoyed following you along all these miles and it's truly been an honor to be a very small part of this epic adventure!
    swedstal and simbaboy like this.
  6. BarryB

BarryB Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there an international version of the “everywhere” song?
    swedstal likes this.
  7. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    As usual, you took a thorny challenge and made the right choices with grace! Looking forward to your updates once you’ve weathered the snowy north and headed home, it’s gonna be great!
    swedstal likes this.
  8. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Brett; thanks for sharing your trip; thanks for sharing your thoughts; thanks for sharing your tales on the road; thanks for taking all of us along on your remarkable journey;thanks for introducing us to your extended family;just thanks....It has been a true pleasure following from the first post and I will be one of those who truly will miss the updates when you are finished with your quest. Ending the trip where you can include your Dad is the exact right thing to do. I look forward to the final posts when you get back to Nebraska and settled into your life going forward. May God bless and keep you and your's.........Dave
    btrrtlwtr, swedstal, DCrider and 4 others like this.
  9. hankmoody

hankmoody Ummmmm?? REALLY?!

Oddometer:
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Just don’t have the words
  10. SteveTheLocal

SteveTheLocal Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brett: Thanks for the ride, not just through the towns and cities in the song, but through your life as well. The ups and downs; the trials and the tribulations, all contribute to being the person that you have become. And it is an exceptional one, in so many ways. All, and only, the best in your future.
  11. swedstal's wingmom

swedstal's wingmom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    swedstal likes this.
  12. swedstal's wingmom

Oddometer:
    Brett's mom here. All your kind words and support of Brett touch my heart! Thank you so much for how all of you on this forum have reached out to him! So many of you have hosted him which makes this mom so appreciative!
    I will try to keep you updated the next few days. He spent last night with his aunt and uncle in WA. Tonight he is in Idaho with an ADV person. I think he has the next couple of night lined up with friends also.
    Like many of you I will miss reading his ride reports. I have learned about new places, been amazed at the kindness of strangers, and enjoyed Brett's unique perspectives. Today I took a step that might encourage him to do more traveling in the future. I bought my own motorcycle jacket!! (Had borrowed one for our ride together.) I am hooked. Brett has repeatedly mentioned riding together in the future so now I will hold him to it. I will do my best to get him to write about his future adventures.
    Again, thank you, and God bless each one of you!
    Wingmom
    knight, fastring, Jabcon2 and 30 others like this.
  13. Belgradian

Belgradian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ride safe Brett. I'm on Interstate 90 if you're passing through.
    swedstal likes this.
  14. Vrode

Vrode Wait....what?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for bringing us along Brett. And don’t worry about timely writing. It’s going to be a long winter here, there’s plenty of time to catch up. A quiet ending, a well deserved rest, and some reflection ahead.

Till the next adventure..........
    swedstal, Coldstreak and MizzouRider like this.
  15. ScotsFire

ScotsFire And then a drifter rode into town... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here and there... but more there than here
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Anderson stopped by last night in Hayden. I would echo that he is a most humble and friendly man, and it was our honor to host him for the night. Also agree that Swedish Egg Coffee is tasty. @swedstal's wingmom , your son is a total gentleman. It was wonderful talking with him last night and this morning.

He shared a little of his plans and some of the mystery he's currently operating under. While I don't want to stir up rumors, I will confirm that he is currently working his way towards Ontario.
    knight, WoodrowBDR, swedstal and 10 others like this.
  16. DaleE

DaleE TransAlp Adv

Oddometer:
    A solo finish sounds like the appropriate end of your trip, but I'm thinking an IBEM rally next riding season somewhere in Nebraska with a personally narrated slide show and song rendition from the man would be an awesome wrap up.

Brett, sounds like you have some potentially cold days ahead of you. I recommend stopping by a Walmart or ski shop and picking up an assortment of the chemical hand and toe warmers. They last for hours and make life much more bearable.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Hands-Hand-Warmers-10-Count-Value-Pack/17808715

Produce bags from the grocery store also work wonders over your feet to block the wind coming through and are thin enough to slip in the boots.
  17. wetwider

wetwider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Today I took a step that might encourage him to do more traveling in the future. I bought my own motorcycle jacket!! (Had borrowed one for our ride together.) I am hooked. Brett has repeatedly mentioned riding together in the future so now I will hold him to it. I will do my best to get him to write about his future adventures."

Congratulations on the jacket, Wingmom! What a great way to endorse your son's pursuit and join him, and what a lucky guy. Brett's friends & fans thank you for a little motherly prodding to keep him rolling & writing too ~ and especially for raising such a fine example of a positive can-do guy.

And, thanks for helping us keep track of him, especially through the chilly north to that strange sounding place & then home.
  18. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:

You made Brett's name sound like this... :D
  19. swedstal's wingmom

Oddometer:
    Brett is spending a second night tonight in western Montana with a friend originally from Nebraska. He says the weather report for Ombabika looks favorable for this weekend and he hopes to make it to the main town south of it by Friday. Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming! Thanks!
  20. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wingmom - your hooked, we get it. If you can't wait for that kid to take you for a ride, I know of about 5,000 guys and gals that would LOVE to.

And you can put me at the front of the list!