"I've Been Everywhere, Man" Living the song on two wheels.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by swedstal, Jun 5, 2017.

1. mikepeek

mikepeek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure how this works as it's late 2019 but wanted to add that I love this blog. Thank you for documenting and sharing!
  2. mikepeek

mikepeek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking us on this journey! Rough night but incredible pictures the next morning. Again, thanks for sharing!
    hankmoody likes this.
  3. BkerChuck

BkerChuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just incredible. Thank you Brett for taking ALL of us along on such an amazing journey and showing us just what everywhere has to offer. After an adventure like this I'm sure whatever your plans for the future might be you will be successful. To undertake such a trip at your age amazes me and makes me realize how being so risk averse as a younger man just how much I missed out on.

I agree very much with HPPants Barber Motorsports would be a great place for Annie to spend her retirement years whenever that retirement begins.
    mrbreeze likes this.
  4. mikepeek

mikepeek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great story! Great story teller! Great adventure. Thank you again for sharing! Wish I had found sooner!
    simbaboy and derblauereiter like this.
  5. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ride reports like this is what hooked me onto ADV rider many years ago. They are what makes this site so good.
    ThruTheDunes, knight, Oznay and 3 others like this.
  6. mikepeek

mikepeek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are ever passing thru KC I have 15 acres on the edge of town w/ big shop, pond, all fenced and secured. Love that your a Chiefs fan and love this post. Thank you again for sharing!
  7. MAMOB

MAMOB n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Brett,

I just binged your RR. I started it a couple weeks ago, then took a little hiatus as I had to evacuate due to the fires here in Northern California, but I was finally able to get to the end. Thank you for a bit of an alternative to some of the other styles on here. I enjoyed the 'pointless' journey of following the 'Man in Black' (and Hank Snow)'s pensive reflection of being on the road. Other observations are right in that life with families and all the trappings make our journey with you vicarious at best. Myself and quite a few others are envious, of course, of being able to 'just go'.

I know this sounds odd, but I was most impressed by your trip through Brazil. First of all, I had no idea one could travel east to west through like that. More importantly, I was heartened by the generous nature of the people there. I am no stranger to Latinos living in NorCal of course, but Brazilians are a rarity. Your experience alone makes me anxious to see just a little of that huge country. I wave to motorcyclists here on the west coast wherever I go, but Harley riders rarely (if ever) wave back, but in Brazil, they take you in and let you party with them! I DO think your warm and open attitude is what opens doors for you, but the streets in Brazil appear to be two-way.

You are just being yourself out there, but I appreciate your candor and humor. I am usually a lurker, but you brought me out of my cave to speak up. Thanks for allowing me(us) along on the journey to 'everywhere'.

Kevin
  8. DC950

DC950 Microadventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it Brett. This thread has given me much pleasure and education. Someday I'll have to tell you what I think are the top ride reports on Advrider, but after some mod ran off Aaron and his Top Ten of All Time thread,

https://advrider.com/f/threads/new-zealand-rtw-and-back-on-a-ktm500exc.1181912/

after 15 years, I'm done with AdvSJWrider for a long time, maybe forever. Good luck and thanks again. You are a fine person. God bless you.
    simbaboy likes this.
  9. vicmitch

vicmitch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One day, you'll be walking down a Lincoln Street and someone you haven't seen for a while will say " Hey Brett, haven't seen you around for a while, where you been?"

You'll answer .................<iframe width="310" height="300" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    hankmoody, knight, B10Dave and 6 others like this.
  10. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Feeling a little bit lost and need to go somewhere to ride. Needing some inspiration.
    Found it!
    Thanks for taking us along for the ride, Brett.
    It’s been a slice.
  11. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I must admit that when i saw new activity in this thread, I was hopeful that we'd get at least some of "the rest of the story".

I hope you are enjoying a much deserved rest, Brett. But if I may be so bold as to write: be advised that many (MANY) of us are (im)patiently waiting to read what you have to say.....
  12. mikepeek

mikepeek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had never seen the Hurt video. A bit speechless... Incredible ride report and thanks for opening a door to something I would have never seen otherwise. As always, always an open door here in the KC area including a shop if needed.
  13. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    guilty!
    jeep723 likes this.
  14. africord

africord Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saw this and thought of Brett.

15. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    Because of this comment "It's a long story, one that I can't wait to tell" , I didn't realize the picture of the Nebraska sign might be the last post from the author of this fine report. I keep checking, hoping to hear from Brett for a wrap up post.
  16. Mofrid

Mofrid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

Me too ...
    AND I think he will.
    Just gaining "sea legs" so to speak. He was exhausted and toward the end.
  17. WYO George

WYO George Epstein didn’t kill himself

Oddometer:
    Brett hasn’t abandoned us. He’s regrouping after a trip that lasted longer than some careers! He’s getting back to life and it’ll take a minute to wrap up everything. Your patience will pay off.
  18. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    Ohh man I have to go find where I left off months ago. ((

Thank you ))