"I've Been Everywhere, Man" Living the song on two wheels.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by swedstal, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sending my love and best wishes from across the pond.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  2. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Brett you don't have to feel the need to finish YOUR trip at this moment in time.
    The best gift would be for your dad to get well soon.
    I wish you and your family all the best in these trying times and hope your dad pulls through, specially with Christmas so close.
    MizzouRider and mrbreeze like this.
  3. SnowOwl

SnowOwl Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sad to hear of your Dad's troubles, but glad to hear he is doing better at home. Hope it lasts. You are doing the right thing to stay near and spend time with him.

I don't doubt you will finish your quest, you will know when it is time to get back to it.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  4. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    I had surmised that the pause was due to your Dad’s health and have been praying for him and your family already and will continue to do so.

I have loved reading your story but I am happy that you are in a situation that allows you to take care of the really important things in life.

We will be waiting patiently for the end of your story whatever that happens to be.
  5. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Take care all and God Bless.
  6. TropicalDale

TropicalDale The Adventures of Peter Pan

Oddometer:
    Brett, My prayers to you and your family.
    Where you are right now, is the only place on this earth you should be.
  7. Vrode

Vrode Hangin' Out

Oddometer:
    Prayers to you and your family Brett. Hoping your Dad continues to get stronger.

As far as putting your journey on hold........I think this is part of your journey. May you be blessed with strength and grace on all your journeys.
    mrbreeze likes this.
  8. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Best wishes to your pop and family and thanks for sharing him with us on your travels. I like how he wore the poncho home.
  9. sandsman

sandsman Shut up and ride!!!!

Oddometer:
    Brett,I have sat and read your ride report over the course of about a week. I am glad you are with your dad during this time and offer up prayers for God's continuing blessing to be with you and your family. You've had an incredible journey that few get to experience. I have no doubts that you will finish strong. I myself have had a couple of rides south of the border and more to come. Ecuador is an amazing country, I did a fly and rented a bike there in 2015, unfortunately I fell on the side of a mountain last day of riding and broke my knee. Stuff happens and it was just part of the adventure. Stay strong, show your dad all the love you can. Psalms 23.
    BNEK and WYO George like this.
  10. Angry Pete

Angry Pete Yeah, whatever

Oddometer:
    All the best for your family Brett
    This is a truly great photo on so many levels
  11. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Brett I'm sure having his all his family around is a wonderful thing for your Dad. I'll be adding you and the family to my prayers and positive thoughts.
  12. HPPants

HPPants Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brett - thank you for making the effort to tell us what's going on. You have a beautiful family, and we can see and feel the love you all have for each other and for us. Know that we are sending that love back to you.

I'm 53 and this thread and others are doing something to me. For a while now, I've had a sense of urgency come upon me that is indescribable. But it is very real. We can send rockets to mars. We can grow body parts in a laboratory. We can trace our history back to Genghis Kahn (most of us).

But we CANNOT go back in time, and for all of us, our days are limited.

I'm tired of living the fire drill. The time is now for me to make some changes. NOW!!

So I thank you Brett, for your lessons. They are more precious than you may realize. I wish you and your family a peaceful Christmas. I'll be checking into this thread regularly for "the rest of the story", and thinking of you often.
  13. Firenailer

Firenailer Still Ridin'

Oddometer:
    You’re an inspiration to many of us, and seeing the love that your family shares for each other, is what we all hope to be blessed with. My prayers are with you today, and I will include you, your Dad and Family in my Knee mails from now on....God Bless, my friend
    BNEK likes this.
  14. ddavidv

ddavidv Dark web dangerous

Oddometer:
    You are fortunate to have the family that you do. Many people are not that lucky.
    Best wishes for your father.
    BNEK likes this.
  15. BMWBUD

BMWBUD Should be old enough to be better.

Oddometer:
    I see the circle of life continuing in your family photos.

One is never gone as long as the memories exist.

Blessings on your whole family.
  16. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow Brett, I got behind. Praying for your Dad and family. My thoughts are with you all.
    I lost my Mom Oct 25. At 94, she had a long life. Alzheimer’s had taken her years before that. And my daughter is expecting our 6th grandchild in two weeks. Mixed blessings. I hope your Dad bounces back. I’m just glad you are there. Supposed to be a celebration this time of year. Hopefully you’ll be celebrating his comeback and he gets to see his grandchild.
    Jeff
  17. EvilEagle

EvilEagle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thoughts and prayers for your family Brett. Enjoy every minute you have with your dad, I'd give up just about anything for another afternoon with mine.
  18. caplan

caplan n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great report, and Godspeed to all.
  19. jeffcali

jeffcali Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad to see the family spending time together during this time and making the best of it. Prayers...