Jackets with longest arms?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by narwaffles, Oct 28, 2018.

1. narwaffles

narwaffles n00b

Oddometer:
    I cant find any jackets that fit well, they all are too wide and the arms are too short. I'm 6'3, 170lbs and my arms go about halfway down my thighs. I have a large alpinestars jacket that I've been using but it is still a but too wide and too short. Does anyone know of any other brands that are slimmer and longer, especially in the arms? I noticed that a few brands come in tall sizes, and I really liked the looks of the firstgear kilimanjaro, but the skinniest tall size it comes in is large and I'm pretty sure it would be too wide and still not sure if the arms would be long enough. To make things harder I don't really wear leather lol. Thanks ya'll I appreciate any help or suggestions
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Revit has tall sizes in some gear, spidi tends to have longer arms (and pants). What’s your suit arm length? I might be able to give you an idea of how the Spidi adv style options would fit.
    narwaffles likes this.
  3. narwaffles

narwaffles n00b

Oddometer:
    My suit arm length is about 35

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  4. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aerostitch. Custom made to fit. Will last 20+ years.
  5. narwaffles

narwaffles n00b

Oddometer:
    Oh wow I saw aerostitch and decided it was more than I wanted to spend on a jacket, bit I may reconsider if it really lasts that long, it sounds like a good investment. I do like the looks of Rev'its stuff too though, I'll have to look into both of those some more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  6. Meritlane

Meritlane Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have 35 inch sleeves. 6’3 195lbs. I have a Klim and BMW Rallye in longs, Both do the job. If those aren’t long enough. My new bmw enduraguard isn’t even a long but the sleeves are plenty long enough. The sleeves on the long version would be too long.
    narwaffles likes this.
  7. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m also 6’3” and wear a 36/37 dress shirt (simian arms). Arm length does limit the brands that fit. Current and past jackets that work include Tourmaster Tall, Klim, Firstgear Tall, and Aerostich. I recently tried an Icon Tarmac that also had 36” sleeves and it was a nice fit.
    narwaffles likes this.
  8. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, BMW gear is a good option as well. I'll echo the note on the Enduroguard being long, I take my dress shirts in a 34/35 sleeve length and the size 52 EG jacket was long enough to fully cover my hands.
  9. MapleRoad

MapleRoad Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Also check motoport. The prices are high, but the gear will fit and protect.
  10. NSMoto

NSMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    adventure spec Atacama has long skinny arms. the cuffs go down past the break on your wrist and many people complain the arms are a bit too tight. I think they are perfect. It's long in the back and very well fitting. I've been wearing this jacket all summer and through the cold damp Oregon fall and has been great.
    https://www.mx1west.com/Adventure-Spec-Mongolia-Trail-Jacket.aspx
  11. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    35" is what I am and I'm 6'5".

The Firstgear standard sizes will fit up to 35" arms. I have a Kilimanjaro (previous gen, not 37.5) that is a Large/Tall, and the arms are really too long for me. I'd think a 37-38" arm length would work for this jacket. The rest of the jacket is really too big as well, but they don't have a Medium/Tall, which would probably be the ticket for me.

Klim arms are long enough. Alpinestars in XL are long enough. Harley Davidson FXRG jackets (I have the top of the line waterproof leather version) are long enough.

The BMW standard sizes seemed short on me, but I didn't try the "long" version. Same with Rev'it unless I went up a size, then it was too big overall.

Olympia are ridiculously short, they don't offer long/tall sizes, and going up a size has me swimming in the jacket, yet with arms that are still a little short. Frustrating, because I like their gear otherwise.
  12. c1skout

c1skout Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm only 6', but have long arms. Tourmaster tall has arms that are long enough for me.

I bought a Fox Creek leather jacket last year. I stopped in the store (Virginia) and got measured, turns out I should use standard size for my trunk and shoulders...... But my arms do need a long. The helpful staff there had me try on a bunch of jackets until I found one that fit me just right! I also could have had one made just for me, but the cost of that was more than I wanted to spend. I know you said you don't wear leather, but they have a selection of styles and something may catch your eye.
  13. Creek-side

Creek-side Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'4 and have a Fly Terra Trek in tall that has just long enough arms. Not as nice as Klim or first gear but more affordable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  14. ghostrider990

ghostrider990 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I found both Klim Badlands Pro (new version) and the Revit Dominator GTX to be overly long in the sleeve, and in the case of the Rev'It very skinny in the biceps.
    I'm 6'1 with dress sleeve 34.5", and I think I'm pretty average-sized.

If you're really having trouble, you'll need to go to a custom shop like Aerostich or Motoport as suggested, anything else will be a compromise.
    The most important part of fitment in the sleeves is where the armor sits, and you'll know right away if an off the rack brand (fit) doesn't work for you. Many of the available brands don't have adjustability of the armor placement, and so this should be your ultimate gauge of whether or not you need to go to a custom or not.

good luck.

gr
  15. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out Macna which is made in the country with the tallest people in the world, the Netherlands. Slim fit and long sleeves. FC Moto sells Macna.

IMHO, they offer slightly higher quality than Rev'It at a lower price which might be explained by them trying to break into markets by offering higher value. I have a Macna Geo which I bought from Twisted Throttle, who sadly no longer carry Macna. Armor is CE Level 2 by Safetech (similar to SASTEC). Arms snug up nicely at the forearm area to keep elbow armor nicely in place instead of wandering about.

Their 2018 catalog: https://www.macna.com/downloads/Macna_catalogue_2018_lowres.pdf
  16. GiddyThump

GiddyThump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am 6' 4" 240lbs with gorilla length arms.
    Initially I had purchased an off the rack jacket made by Joe Rocket.
    Some of their models come in tall sizes but only in black. No colors.
    Vanson leathers will make a custom jacket for you but my advice is when sending in the measurements go to a tailor to get measure up.
    I ended up buying a custom leather jacket made locally for less than an off the rack leather jacket.
  17. WindBlast

WindBlast Jesus and Tequila

Oddometer:
    Aerostitch and Aether
  18. stageracer

stageracer To err is human, to forgive is not company policy

Oddometer:
    Fly Racing makes a great Terra jacket in Long length. I'm 6'5 with 35in arm length and it fits plenty long enough. Most Klim seem to fit with a bit longer arm as well
  19. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    The only brand that I know of with Long sizes in jackets is Dainese.
  20. grouseridge

grouseridge n00b

Oddometer:
    The Firstgear adventure jacket and pants in long fits great for my 6' 11" son and myself which is 6' 5" and we both are slim
    DietcokeAni likes this.