1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Jackson MS riders?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by eeore39648, May 30, 2009.

1. Knightwork

Knightwork Have Coffe Cup--Can Travel

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen--After looking at the weather and figuring on the bad, and worsening conditions it would be in everyone's best interest to cancel our meeting at Ground Zero in Clarksdale for Saturday.

We will set a meeting up for next month and I will post up when, where, and times.

Take care of your friends and families.

Thanks,
    KW
    RoyQ, LarryL, RezSailor and 1 other person like this.
  2. Specularius

Specularius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think that is a good call, although I am hoping for a less than stellar storm from Barry.
    Knightwork and RezSailor like this.
  3. Knightwork

Oddometer:
    I hope that everyone's families do not have any problems related to the weather coming in.

Just to let everyone know, Pappy, I, and a couple others are thinking about putting together a "Ride-In", Treasure Hunt, or something along that line where everyone can come along no matter whether you have a cruiser, dirt bike (road legal), dual sports big or small, or any other two or three wheeler, heck we don't care what brand you roll.

It probably will be a weekend type camp/ride/have fun time.

I will let everyone know how and when and post up for some ideas, we are thinking that just a regular old get together with family, friends, and have a little "Quest" for fun.

In the Planning Stage

KW
    1life1ride and RezSailor like this.
  4. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’m personally still trying to wrap my head around the people living in the delta affected by the back water flooding for what like5 months now. MS the only one in this flood plain that does not have pumps, unacceptable! I’d vote those mfukrs out in those districts so quick heads would spin.

And now the first of anything this year out of the pos Gulf of Mexico b-lines straight for that flood plain. I don’t know about y’all or how you think or vote but MS and LA are a humane disaster just waiting to happen on a 3rd world stage. I’m comfortably on a mountain here but anyone near the MS river in this day and age needs to get hell out now! It will not get any better. Global change with excessive rain fall is your future. In my 50 years on earth I’ve already noticed the intensity of just a rain storm. They’re brutal now and take no prisoners of how much water one cloud can drop.

To the governing powers of MS I vote and pumps should have been available to the back water areas 10 years ago! Get with it or we as a people will vote your asses out!
    Woonjas and Knightwork like this.
  5. jml141

jml141 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, it's the EPA that has vetoed the pumps. The opposition to the pumps includes environmental groups, and certain citizens of Mississippi that have interests in the south Delta.
  6. Pollack

Pollack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, here is a question for you. What is your favorite loop around Jackson or central MS?

Best regards,
  7. Thomas21

Thomas21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have several but my favorite is what i call my “wind down” loop. I try to make this loop or a few times a week after work to wind down. I start on Shiloh rd and usually ride it to pelahatchie and work my way back on some nice twisties. I’ll see if I can post a pic of the route. It’s only about a 45 min to 1 hour ride. I’m anxious to see what others say.
  8. cruiserbiker

cruiserbiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too..The Leesburg area is nice also
  9. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the I-20E out of MS route lol :D
    cruiserbiker and Thomas21 like this.
  10. jml141

jml141 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    the "Delta Hill" gravel loop is nice. It's in the Redwood, Satartia, Bentonia area.
  11. Pollack

Pollack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just checking in, haven't seen any activity in a while.

Best regards,
    Thomas21 and RezSailor like this.
  12. Just Cliff

Just Cliff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I-20W is the route I took in 1992. Enjoying the Ozarks & have never looked back! :photog
    Woonjas and mschviuz like this.
  13. RezSailor

RezSailor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas Everyone!
    Woonjas likes this.
  14. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas!!!
    Woonjas and RezSailor like this.
  15. BZshadow

BZshadow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ya'll have a Merry Christmas
    Woonjas and RezSailor like this.
  16. buckthedog

buckthedog Eastbound and down

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah which is not said very often in these here parts
    mississippimadman and RezSailor like this.
  17. Knightwork

Oddometer:
    Since this thread appears dead I figure that I could post here and maybe---just maybe one of y'all might see it.

I left home right at 0200 Saturday morning, rambled around Dale Hollow Dam and Celina, then rode Hwy 52 over and met an old Friend over at Williamburg around 0830 CT, pulled a 3 hour loop with him, ran the devil's triangle bottom side and one leg, jaunted by Cumberland Falls, wound up back in Williamsburg. We said goodbye until we can meet again, then went searching for some friends that where heading up from Mississippi. Rode every crooked road I could find from Williamsburg over to Sparta, played with a section of the Calf-Killer, finally caught them over at McMinnville. I led them back up here to Livingston had a great dinner @ the Steel Coop, finally called it a day and arrived back at Allons @ roughly 2100. Turned right in the area of 775 miles. Realized I was sorta tired but the GRIN that was on my face from all the great riding around here was wide open. Hell ---I'm still grinning just thinking about it now.
    Rain coming in Today--- will see if they want to ride in the wet or not----I have to call it an early day because I have to get a nap before going to work tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful for riding. I believe that OldSkool63 might ride with my friends from Mississippi on Monday. He met up with all of us at the Steel Coop and gave everyone some great insight as to which roads and where to go have some fun.

Amazing area-------------

Monday-- met up with 3 bikes and four riders from Mississippi and one local (OldSkool63) and turned a wee bit of a loop before the crew had to go home on Tuesday. The Devil's Triangle was a hoot even if it was pretty trashy with sticks and limbs. I had to cut out before lunch and head back to the camper for a bit of a nap before having to work all night. Still can not believe how many roads up here are so much fun to ride. Seems as though you can just pick any direction and go have a blast.

KW
  18. RezSailor

RezSailor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year!!!
    LarryL and backwoodsKLR like this.
  19. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year!!!!

Spent the Eve doing disassembly...
    Hopefully tomorrow it goes back together!!!
    Trying to finally get my heated grips connected!

IMG_6779.jpg
    RezSailor and LarryL like this.
  20. Knightwork

Oddometer:
    Get that thang together and go take a ride ----

Or come up here and we will ride this saturday---
    seriously I still can't believe that any direction that I go ----the roads are just WOW.

Turning my thoughts to another ride...........Sorta like listening to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy-
    and understanding it !!!!!!!

LMAO

KW
    RezSailor and LarryL like this.