Jacksonville and North Florida Classic Adventure Dual Sport (CADS) Club

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by twthinking, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElJorgio

ElJorgio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ladies and gents,
    time to show an adv rider some of that good old North Florida hospitality,
    Joon, a Korean (from The BAM Road report notoriety)

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533442&page=64

will be arriving in Jacksonville on Wednesday, i just received an email from him. He wrote me the following,

Hello Jorge,

This is Joon. My bike is at Jax now and I will fly to JAX the day after tomorrow.
    By the way, I need to order and get wolfman luggages, side rack, and some other things to carry on my riding. I'd like to get your address where parcels should be posted so that I can take them when I arrive in Jacksonville from you. Or if you know bike shop where I could buy such things, you can tell me.

On the other hand, I got some advices from US motorists that GEICO is the best option for me to purchase bike insurance. But as you know, it is very difficult for me to get it because I am a foreigner and they ask my US license number, SSN, and so on. In fact I just need short time(temporary) bike insurance.

If you don't mind, would you give me a hand, Jorge? Well, I don't want you feel uncompotable. No worris.
    Wish to meet you under the FL's sunshine.

I offered my services to Joon and i am more than willing to help him but was thinking some of you would be willing to help as well since you all live in the Jacksonville area.

Let me know what you guys think
  2. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

There will be a few of us FFs in Osceola NF arriving Thursday for BQF. Tell him to swing by the camp, & share a few stories/brews with us. :deal
  3. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    Lost in Translation (ie: translate 'Jenkem') :lol3

Come to BQF Joon!
  4. originalsundog

originalsundog OriginalSundog

Oddometer:
  5. Gvilleracer

Gvilleracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could anyone get me the GPS (.gpx) route for the first ride I went on with this group? The one to the Yearling in Cross Creek.
  6. twthinking

twthinking Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Hello CADS riders, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    We had another fine ride on Sunday, with 11 members and guests braving the cold to enjoy a ride on the back roads and trails of our corner of North Florida. We started at our usual Orangedale location and Bill lead us on some 135 miles or so of paved, dirt, muddy, wet and dry roads and trails. Despite the cold and overcast weather the group enjoyed the adventure of another CADS DS ride. I’ve been waiting on a new battery for my helmet mountable video camera, which arrived last week. After mounting the camera on my helmet it was ready for its first DS ride test. I’m happy to say that the videos turned out reasonably good. Aside from wind noise and water/mud spray on the camera lens the videos give a good idea of how the ride went. You can see them (and all of the photos from the ride) and judge for your self at our smugmug.com picture-posting site. Follow this link https://twthinking.smugmug.com/CADS-Rides/CADS-ride-1-31-10-Photos-and/11110027_5VQH6#778201457_hsf6p to get there. We’ll try to have video on all of our future rides so everybody can get a chance at their 15 minutes of fame.:thumbup Enjoy the pictures and videos and check back for more videos as I’m still uploading some more of the video segments. Turn down the volume on your computer while watching the videos because the wind noise is loud and annoying.
    <o:p></o:p>
    We’ll have our regular Wednesday night meeting at the usual place at the usual time. Come out and tell us what you think about the videos. Hope to see you there.
    Dean
  7. Gvilleracer

Gvilleracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha, see your up late too, were you set up to GPS record that trip to Cross Creek?
  8. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Sorry we didn’t start saving the GPS route of our rides until our ride on Saturday the 23<SUP>rd</SUP> of January. Maybe someone on the ride saved their route and can send it to you. Unfortunately I/we can’t help you for that route.
    Dean
  9. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well there is another pretty fair ride & again pretty fair pix of some old grey hairs dirtying up some old scoots.

Jane said, she would like to hostess us at her place...free camping & your own out house. Just bring your own sears book.

Well done Bill....your leadership some how keeps all of us smiling, rutt after rutt, puddle after puddle & mile after mile.

Dean, the man w/ the camera.....you seem to capture everyone everywhere & your posting skills should be taught. Good job.

So where to now........
  10. next40

next40 What?

Oddometer:
    Had a great time riding Sunday, never knew there was so much dirt to ride around Jax. Thanks for the work that goes into organizing such a ride. You guys have it figured out, from the leader to the safty sweeep, right down to video documentation. Look forward to the next ride. Oh, and sorry for the roost Jane, feel free to return fire on the next ride! :D I like it!
  11. spjbyrnes

spjbyrnes F800GS

Oddometer:
    I am new to the area, moved here with the military/government. I live in Brunswick, GA and have a F800GS and am looking for a good group of people to ride with, people that take care of each other and help each other out. It sounds like you guys have a great time, and I would like the opportunity to learn more about your group. Brunswick is about an hour north of Jax, surrounded by great dirt/sand roads and tree farms. Can someone send me some info?

Thanks
    Steve
  12. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    Here's some good info. This ride is happening this weekend. :deal
  13. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

Post it and they will come. :evil
  14. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to riding with you guys. My bike is arriving tomorrow and I'm taking the rider course for my endorsement in two weekends. :clap
  15. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

There will be a special rider off road course @ BQF this weekend. No endorsement needed. :nod
  16. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve, I sent you info via a reply to your PM. Did you get it?:scratch
    Dean
  17. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    Sounds great except its my 10 y/o daughters birthday this weekend and I'm spending it with her to find her a dirt bike. :evil
  18. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Happy Birthday to her! Sounds like we may have a future rider in your little one. Teach her well and ride safe.:clap
  19. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    Thanks. We'll be learning together. I have limited street experience and zero off road experience. I wanted something we could do together and dance and soccer was out.
  20. twthinking

Oddometer:
    You'll still be dancing. You'll be doing the two wheel dirt dance!:D Much more fun than the foxtrot. Is your bike going to be a dual sport type (still street legal) or a off road dirt bike? If you get a dual sport you can join us for our upcoming basic dual sport riding class.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.