Jacksonville and North Florida Classic Adventure Dual Sport (CADS) Club

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by twthinking, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twthinking

twthinking Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Hi CADS Riders,

I hope to see a lot of smiling faces with bugs in their teeth (that's how you tell if someone is a happy biker-if you don't know the joke):D tonight at the meeting. Danny has informed me that the date of 2-27-10 for the clinic is a definite date. So set it in your calender. The meet-up location will be determined in the next week or so.

Danny has also stated that those that are interested must sign-up at the meeting. He'll be at each meeting this month to gather a list. As many as want can sign up, but the class will be limited to fifteen riders. If registration exceeds fifteen, he'll hold an additional class for those.

Hope to see you tonight.
    Dean
  2. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    Yes it will be a dual sport. I'm looking at one this evening and if its everything he has told me and shown me in pics will be coming home with me this evening.:clap I'm looking at a XR 70 or Kawasaki 110 for my daughter.
  3. street2dirt

street2dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Bill, Dean & the rest, finally registered here. All I need is another username & password to remember, lol. I'll b able to join you guys again after bike week. Setting up trail for the Alligator Nat'l,(insert shameless namedrop) maybe I can get some video posted. Keep havin fun & gettin dirty..... Steve
  4. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another great turn out for the meeting. Thanks Ego for bringing Joon to meet everybody :freaky Joon as many know is on his round the World trip from Korea east...He just flew in from London. Looking for some help...Joon needs some racks built ASAP to hold some bags. I will see if I can get some made for him, through a buddy of mine...

Joon, below are pictures of what I had made up. If others have some ideas on a quick fix, you know like by this Friday...please chime in :D

Here are a couple of shots with Walmart bags and with out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. kaosrider

Oddometer:
    There will be a lot of riding this weekend..

Bill will lead a ride same start time and place...going through Osceola area and ending up with a visit at BQF.

Several of us will be going to BQF on friday to take part in the quiet happenings.

Also several riders will be scouting for the Black Bear DS event coming up, laying tracks through Osceola.

So plenty of opportunity for fun this weekend :clap
  6. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Official CADS Ride Update
    Attention CADS riders. Bill will lead a ride this Saturday the 6<SUP>th</SUP> as mentioned during the meeting last night. We will not meet at Orangedale as previously posted on this thread. Instead we will meet at the Chevron gas station that is on the Northwest corner of SR13 (San Jose Blvd.) and US295. Meet at 10:30AM with kickstands up at 11:00AM. As always check your email for CADS information or watch for postings on this thread from me for the latest or last minute information regarding CADS club activity. Any other posting may or may not be accurate or timely. Hope to see you there.
    Dean
  7. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    With this monster cold I've got, I think I'd best sit this one out.

And as long as I'm layin' around, I can mount that new 606 I picked up yesterday.

Y'all have fun. :ricky
  8. zzoon

zzoon Adventurer

Oddometer:

Sadly,,,
    My bike is still in warehouse cause JAX customs said I can't get it back without preparing a letter of EPA. Even I can't bring back my duffle bag packed with bike into a crate. :(:
    Thomas helped me all day long to solve the problem(thank you so much Thomas), but the answer from EPA officer was "please wait for a while".
    (You can hear whole story from Tom.)

Anyway,,,
    I was impressed by welcoming of Thomas & JAX-ADVriders. Of course Rich, your helping for bracket too.
    I hope everything will go well. :norton
  9. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Welcome to US government bureaucracy. :becca

Sorry for your troubles, but here's hoping you get it worked out soon.
  10. toycloser

toycloser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Gainesville and would love to ride with you guys. When is the next ride?
  11. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sat. was a good & highly spirited ride of 6 from the CADS.
    Strange to not see any pix posted.
    I was to busy hanging on.

Roads surface were packed well for nearly all of the ride.
    NO real traffic, a few 4x4 going slow & looking off into the woods as though their lost hunting dog would suddenly appear.

Quick stop at Ocean Pond to see how the other half lives.
    Lots of chicken wings w/ -BQ.:freaky
    A good gathering there.

A very good day, thanks Bill.
  12. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Hey Wolfgang, hold on to your pants. The pictures and videos are posting.:lurk
  13. twthinking

Oddometer:
    We meet every Wednesday night and that is when we make up our minds if we are going to ride or not. You are welcome to join us. Also, you can PM me with your real name, email address, and a phone number and I'll add you to our email list. Hope to hear from you soon.
  14. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Hello CADS riders,
    What a great weekend for riding! Cool Temperatures and mostly sunny skies made for two good days of riding.
    CADS club had a ride on Saturday to and through theOsceola Forest area and stopped by to see the guys at the BQF. Bill did another great job of leading our group of 6 riders through some back roads on the way to Osceola including part of the original Cowford (the original name of Jacksonville for those that may not know) to Tallahassee trail. Some of the ride was paved but still a lot of fun. When we enteredOsceola Bill treated us to some of the forest roads that were slightly elevated above the forest area helping to keep us out of the nastier mud areas. On a few sections we saw some motorbike tracks telling us that maybe some of the BQF riders had also been on the same roads. After a bit Bill turned off the “higher” trail onto a side trail that had a few water holes that we crossed including a deeper hole that was a bit more challenging. Everyone made it through the water hole fine and had a huge smile on their face. From there we headed off to the Telford Hotel in White Springs for an awesome “home cooking style buffet” lunch and talk of the ride. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    After that filling lunch we headed over to the Ocean Pond area to visit with the BQF riders for some more story trading and tall tales of the day’s ride. Jerry, Rich, and Tim, and the other BQF riders were very hospitable and welcomed us to their camp site and shared some of their chicken wings with us. As it got later in the afternoon we needed to head back, so we hit the road and trails for some spirited trail riding on the way home. We all had lots of fun. Bill and I took a few pictures and I was able to shoot some video. You can see all of the pictures and videos at the CADS club Smugmug site by clicking this link https://twthinking.smugmug.com/CADS-Rides/CADS-ride-2-6-10-Photos-and/11164352_mKMe7#782502927_TaNF5. Thanks again to Bill for leading another fun, entertaining, and challenging ride. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Hope to see everyone at the meeting on Wednesday night.<o:p></o:p>
    Dean

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. twthinking

Oddometer:
    I'm using a Vholdr helmet cam. You can see and learn more at www.vholdr.com. If you search on twthinking you will find more of my videos of the race tracks that I've ridden on and videos of my trip to Europe. The race tracks currently are; Jennings GP, Road Atlanta, Barber MSP, Roebling Road, Daytona, and Indy. The euro videos are in parts of the Alps and parts of Austria, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. Hope that helps.
  16. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well twthinking, it was worth the wait.
    You did it again...great pix & postings.
  17. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wolfgang you camera hog you.:lol3
  18. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Meeting tonight at the usual place and time. New ride videos posted on smugmug from the Saturday 2-6-10 ride with one more to follow. See you tonight!
  19. kaosrider

Oddometer:
    Another great meeting :jive

The next ride is......:kboom

:lol3
  20. mr_guns

mr_guns Look Mom no hands!

Oddometer:
    :rofl A a wise guy aye!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.