Jacksonville and North Florida Classic Adventure Dual Sport (CADS) Club

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by twthinking, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
  2. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for another great ride Bill!! I am glad I bailed after lunch!! If the morning was easy, :eek1, I can't imagine what the afternoon was like!!!

Thanks for all the pics Rich!!! Good job catching all the good stuff!! :clap
  3. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Finally made it on a ride with the CADS! :clap

I spoke with Rich on Friday and confirmed the meeting spot at Penney Farms. Only 170 miles away! :wink:

Planned to leave the house with FIL (Billy) @ 5:30am on Saturday to make the trek.

I go out to the garage and find out that Billy had been there since 4:15am! WTF. :confused

He forgot to set his alarm to Daylight Savings Time so he woke up at 3:45am (he thought it was 4:45am) to be at my house at 5:15am. :lol3 Must be nice to be retired and not have to worry about time I reckon.

Set out to the spot and got there a few minutes before the crowd showed up. Quite a mix of bikes...

[​IMG]

I figured I'd hang out with the sweep crowd to "help" out if needed. So we take off on the ride...

[​IMG]

About a mile into the ride, I saw a d00d on a GS take a sharp right turn to go up an embankment. I figured this was the route. Well, not really. The sand claimed a victim...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D00d shakes it off and we take off to catch up with the rest of the group. At the paved intersection, he decides to head back to the rally at Camp Blanding. We regroup and get set to continue but... Andy's DR doesn't want to start. Ever try to push start a DR650 with knobbies? Well, it doesn't work so good if you can't push it fast enough. So we conjure up Plan B... pull it with a big bike and a strap. :deal It started right up and never had an issue the rest of the ride! :clap The DR's battery must be allergic to cold temps. :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to take a pic of Wolfgang's sweet looking hack...

[​IMG]

After a short jaunt down a dirt road, we arrive at the entrance to Bellmore State Forest. Very cool place! Lots of trails in the area. I'll have to check it out again sometime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a few miles, we come up on some deep sand and yes, another victim...

[​IMG]

No worries though. The rider was OK. About 15 feet in front of him, I see a rider fighting his way out of some thick brush. I figured he was taking a pee break and got tangled up in the brush. Some more riders huddle around...

[​IMG]

I wondered WTF was going on. See for yourself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup, there's a bike in there somewhere. Apparently, a fight between the sand and a KLR ensued and it wound up in a canal. :eek1 Rider was OK and a KLR rescue mission was put into action...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next obstacle was a deep mud hole. Glad to report no casualties... :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up ahead a few miles was the famous bridge crossing I've seen numerous times on this thread! :clap

I come up to the bridge and... :muutt

[​IMG]

No riders were hurt during those falls. The bikes only suffered minor injuries.

More ride pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What was left of shrimp & scallops at the Golden Skillet...

[​IMG]

After lunch, there was a considerably smaller crowd. We headed out to ONF and rode through Hopkins Prairie...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Short break at Salt Springs before going to check out the ferry...

[​IMG]

On our way towards the ferry...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End of the road...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of more riders decided to take the ferry across. About 6 of us were left at that point so Bill led us to some more trails that I've never ridden before in ONF. :clap I was too busy enjoying the ride to take pics on this leg.

After we reached the pavement on SR19 again, it was getting late so we decided it might be a good idea to start heading back to Penney Farms.

Before we get there though, one of the XRLs ran out of gas. :baldy

No problem though, Rich came to the rescue with a genuine ChinaFright (don't worry Rich, I buy a lot of ChinaFright stuff too) siphon hose. I don't think the directions that came with the siphon hose said that you had to pressurize the tank in order for the fuel to flow. :becca

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We tried for several minutes to get it to work but to no avail. The tried and true method of removing the fuel line and pouring gas in an empty water bottle got the job done! :thumb

That's all I have. There's some more pics here. I had a great time riding with the CADS and that was an excellent route you guys laid out. Looking forward to another ride with you guys soon. :deal
  4. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pics and write up Eloy!!! Was good to meet the famous Dr. Z!!! Might see ya Saturday, we are toying with doin a Keys run instead of Everglades City.......

oh and my 'off'' was because of the distraction of the KLRs fight with the sand and disappearance into the brush!! Thats my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!!!!!
  5. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    Fix't it for you Andy! :D

Hopefully you'll come out to the Seafood Depot on Saturday. There will be a few Wankers there with their wives. The stone crabs at that place are not to be missed. :dg

:thumb
  6. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh we know......we have eaten there many times!!!!!!
  7. twthinking

twthinking Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    CADS

Meeting tonight!

At 7:00PM

If you survived the GS ride then

come and tell your tale :freaky

At Hurricane Grill and Wings

located at 12795 San Jose Blvd. Suite 16 in Jacksonville.

The phone number to the restaurant

is 904-260-8338.

Here is a link to their web site; http://www.hurricanewings.com/.

And here is a link to a map of the location of the restaurant we will be meeting at;

http://goo.gl/maps/4iq6r

There are several locations of

Hurricane Grill and Wings

so please read the address and look at the map for the location that we are going to meet at.

See you there…
  8. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    Nice report Eloy. It's always good to get some perspective from the back part of the group, we miss a lot of the action near the front. Enjoyed riding with you and Billy, and thanks to you both for helping out. We'll have to do it again one day.
  9. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

Yes sir, it was fun. Thanks for leading the ride. :thumb
  10. woodsatyr

woodsatyr Kitty Boy

Oddometer:
    It was a fun day! Since y'all posted pretty much the same pics as I took, I'll post the video. I'm not finished uploading them all but I'll post what I have and when the others are finished, I'll post those.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-XfKU-cudLg?list=UUuTCaYBf9J8bXaavUadSn_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eMWDRBf4hVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rMzYCl393G8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ek_SvaEuup8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2F5BAZE_kNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P699CuZV5y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G05aeo2d7X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh poo... How do you embed the video?
  11. woodsatyr

woodsatyr Kitty Boy

Oddometer:
  12. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

On the bottom of the video on youtube, there's a share button. Click it and then click the embed tab. There's an embed code there. Copy & paste the embed code in the reply. :deal

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LkqFajdkMVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. woodsatyr

woodsatyr Kitty Boy

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'll fix the other links.
  14. rckdvd

rckdvd n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm the ducati guy, thank you all, awesome time !
  15. rckdvd

rckdvd n00b

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap
  16. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good stuff, Cynthia! You know you're lucky to be alive, right? :D I sort of assumed that you'd receive a little better treatment than Carson did on the scouting ride, but alas, it was not to be... :lol3

I've got some video to add tomorrow. You nailed the KLR extraction!!
  17. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Dang! Look at all those FF'S, can't wait unitl I get back to ride ole blue.
  18. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    rckdvd, glad you had a good time, and hung in there as long as you did. You helped prove the old adage, it's not the tires, it's the rider. :thumb

Hey, I sent you a PM.
  19. woodsatyr

woodsatyr Kitty Boy

Oddometer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CtVKGQKDwqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  20. rckdvd

rckdvd n00b

Oddometer:
    I was in my Ducati, awesome time, have some pics but o dont knowhow to post them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.