Jacksonville and North Florida Classic Adventure Dual Sport (CADS) Club

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by twthinking, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820686

Just seeing if there is any interest in a caravan up to this ride. I am planning on taking a trailor and two bikes, and will have room for one more person and bike if someone wants to help with gas $. Looks like a lot of fun and great riding. My SO will be going as well. I am out of town for a while, but there is plenty of time to discuss/plan before then. Tentatively planning to leave early on Thursday to have camp set up by mid afternoon.
  2. twthinking

twthinking Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    CADS
    Meeting tonight!
    At 7:00PM
    At Hurricane Grill and Wings
    located at 12795 San Jose Blvd. Suite 16 in Jacksonville.
    The phone number to the restaurant
    is 904-260-8338.
    Here is a link to their web site; http://www.hurricanewings.com/.
    And here is a link to a map of the location of the restaurant we will be meeting at;
    http://goo.gl/maps/4iq6r
    There are several locations of
    Hurricane Grill and Wings
    so please read the address and look at the map for the location that we are going to meet at.
    See you there…
  3. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So we had a last minute call to sneak out into Ocala again. Weather was very questionable :wink: I bailed on March Moto Madness in Tenn, well because I am a wimp :D So rather than ride in cold rainy weather, why not ride in warm rainy weather...

We had only three takers

[​IMG]

Waybill brings 2 bilkes, you know just in case :evil

We start out of Salt Springs with nice rain packed dirt. 2 weeks ago this was about an inch deep sand.

[​IMG]

We had driven through rain on the way down, but had no rain all day for our riding :clap

Found so more curly fry trees

[​IMG]

Notice 2 "yellow" DRZ's and 1 Blue DRZ :wink:

[​IMG]

Yellow was not a good color today... but we will get to that..

[​IMG]

We are running along to our next area of exploration when we come across 2 deer standing in the road. Not a very clear shot as I tried to zoom in after production, plus the time it takes a bad rider to dig around in his pocket to pull out the camera..then turn it on.. oh, did I zoom in ??
    Anyway the deer stood there for quite a while

[​IMG]

We turn down a trail and decide it is too sandy, lets try another one and Bill's bike (his "yellow" DRZ) just quits. No power to anything :huh

A plan is hatched to have Bill go back and get his trailer on my bike while we wait for him to get back.

[​IMG]

His "new" DRZ

[​IMG]

We take a break and go have lunch and trade out bikes, amazing how he knows to bring 2 bikes :huh :lol3

After lunch we work a trail back to where it ends

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good Ole Blue

[​IMG]

Then we find a nice juicy trail..it needs a little clearing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We proceeded on to another trail that worked us good..

He Sam is explaining to Waybill how to just bounce over the log like Shane Watts..:D

[​IMG]

Then it became this

[​IMG]

Which the next corner held this :eek1

[​IMG]

So we give up on this trail and start working our way back. Then the other "yellow" DRZ has issues. Here Sam is giving it a carberatorectomy. Fuel was pouring out of it like no tomorrow. Good thing Sam had just fixed this carberator, no telling how bad it would have been if he hadn't :lol3

[​IMG]

Eventually( after jumping it off another bike) he gets it going and we race back to the trailers. It was 5:00 anyway and I was starting to get a feeling of (stuck in a canyon through the night) kind of day going on :D

As we drove back home we hit rain and learned it had rained all day back home, so all in all it was a great day :clap :1drink
  4. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    Just doing some trail recon for the next Trans Fla. ride, and a real water crossing this time. :evil :D
  5. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Nice pics, Rich! :clap

Bill, did you figure out the problem with the DRZ?
  6. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    Haven't looked at it yet, will get back to you although I'm thinking (hoping) the battery went totally kaput.
  7. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

If it's the battery, that's an easy fix. :deal

If it's something else, let me know, I had a similar issue with my DRZ that turned out to be a pinched wire. It took me a while to figure that one out. :bluduh
  8. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    Yep, battery was worthless, nada, it jumped off fine. The bike started 7 or 8 times cold and hot that morning, but was suspect cause I had to charge it twice after picking it up last week. The previous owner had it for a long time, he was good, got rid of it 5 days before it was toast. :D

Good to know the Dr. of Z's was ready with a diagnosis though, had it been more serious. :clap

I think Sam wants (needs) to be your new buddy. :rofl
  9. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

:lol3
  10. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:

You missed out on MMM. It was pretty cool. Was definitely cold, but rain cleared out before riding on Saturday and by the time I left on Sunday, was just cold. Hope more of you wankers make it up next year...
  12. kaosrider

Oddometer:
    Looks like it was a great time. We did not have this on our Radar until too late..that said this group of wankers would have still bailed on the weather prediction :lol3 I wanted to get up and see Dan and them as I know they do it right...Glad to see you had a good time and made the trip. :thumb
  13. twthinking

Oddometer:
    CADS
    Meeting tonight!
    is 904-260-8338.
    And here is a link to a map of the location of the restaurant we will be meeting at;
    so please read the address and look at the map for the location that we are going to meet at.
    See you there…​
  14. twthinking

Oddometer:
    CADS
    Meeting tonight!
    is 904-260-8338.
    See you there…
  15. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    See you guys in a few weeks, I am stuck in the mid west.
  16. dcspringer

dcspringer n00b

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 GS with a stock seat. I'm 6'4 260 lbs and finding myself continually adjusting myself during a ride due to my privates going numb. I'm thinking about trying a Russell Day Long Saddle but wanted to check to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and what options they did to correct it
  17. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stand up often
  18. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody riding this Saturday? :ear
  19. kaosrider

Oddometer:
    While I have not experienced the same issue, I felt like I was constantly sliding forward on the stock seat. The seat has adjustable bars underneath to raise or lower. What I did was lower the back of the seat and raise the bar in the front. This has me sitting it what I feel to be a level state, making the ride comfortable to me and now I am not constantly having to adjust position. Mine is a 2007, so I am assuming the seat is the same..may not be.

Good Luck.
  20. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This may sound like an unrelated issue but when I replaced the stock foot, stupid slippery rubber & went to SS, three ribbed, cleetted 2.5'' wide off road pegs. My feet were very much planted & I was pushing down more & felt less sliding on the seat.
    I could tell in the first few days my legs getting a bit of a work out & yes my package was less friendly on the seat.

It was control from the feet & from the hands.

I rode a GS w/ the factory lowered saddle. Being 5'4'' & well less than 150, my riding issues are different from 200+ & 6'+. However keeping my ass from resting on the seat while off the pavement is healthier for me over all.

But you may need a change in pegs to get a grip.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.