Jammin thru the American South

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jammin, Jul 29, 2020 at 6:54 AM.

1. Jammin

Jammin Integrating back into society

Oddometer:
    How do you like this minimum tool kit? Not sure what I can fix if this beemer breaks down :lol3 But I'm taking a mushroom plug kit, mini air compressor, multimeter, a few wrenches, zip ties, allen keys (even though Kassya uses torx), a pen, a sharpie and some super glue.

[​IMG]

Left Austin at the crack of dawn. It's been a while since I've seen the sun rise from atop a motorcycle. Riding in the early hours to escape the 100F temps! Heading north, then east.

[​IMG]

Found some pretty twisties near Turnersville, north of Ft. Hood.

[​IMG]

A slightly overcast day helped me stayed cool.

[​IMG]

Quite a fancy court house you got there, Meridien, TX!

[​IMG]

Who ordered up the gravel?! The air pressures are high in these Dunlop Roadsmarts but it wasn't as slippery as I expected. Maybe if I drop the psi, I could handle a little dirt road...

[​IMG]

Enjoying a little track with no lane markings or shoulders near Brazos Point as I reached the megalopolis of DFW and get indoors before it hits a 100F.

[​IMG]

The new tires feel great but the high pressures make for a twitchy bike, got to drop them a bit before heading out tomorrow. The gearbox sure is clunky getting off the line but as my mechanic CuznBob advised, applying a little pre-load on the shifter before pulling in the clutch makes for smoother shifts. I love the power delivery of this beast. It's too easy to go from 80 mph to 120 :p3rry Happy I mounted a radar detector before heading out :evil
    inroads and dave6253 like this.
  2. Tricepilot

Tricepilot Bailando Con Las Estrellas Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bret Tkacs would tell you to leave the tire pressure at the normal recommended on hard pack trails and gravel roads. :deal
  3. inroads

inroads Go West old man

Oddometer:
    All right...still Jammin in the free world...bit more challenging but still free...,makes me want to whip up some of your Curry Chicken..
    Still got your recipe somewhere...
    Looking forward to your RR.