Japanese Inmate Check-in?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Gerg, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Folks,

It is absolutely horrifying what has happened in your country. I would like to have a point for checkin for our AdvRider friends in Japan.

Our thoughts and prayers are headed your way for you and your families.

For the Adventure Rider Community, now is the time to give for the relief effort. All you need to do is watch the news reports to see this will be a long term cleanup. Japan will need the world support for some time to come!

Gerg
  2. Hercules

Hercules "Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer:
    Yeah, second the motion of Gerg.

How are the inmatws in Japan doing?
    Hope you guys are ok and not affected too much.

Looking forward to recovery of the country.
  3. Tosh Togo

Tosh Togo Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

kobu
  4. TourPros

TourPros Local wherever I go

Oddometer:
    Any way we can make this or create a sticky that we can all check in on to see if there is anything we can do to help out inmates that need it in Japan?
  5. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    +1 to above, what can we do to help??? Must be some ADVers in harms way there.
  6. toma nova

toma nova Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most of the check-ins are on www.gaijinriders.com. Only a few foreign riders north of Tokyo, I think all that are active on that board have confirmed that they're safe.

Bigger concerns in Tokyo now about the nuclear plant, continued panic buying of gas and food, and when the trains will get back to normal.

Stay safe!

Tom
  7. scottw

scottw Steppe Rider

Oddometer:
    It's been pretty crazy here. I'm in Tokyo, we got a good shaking in the big one March 11 but nothing like they got up in the Sendai area, not to mention the tsunami which actually did much more damage than the quake. My bike didn't even get knocked off the center stand, though marks on the concrete show it skipped around a fair bit.

We continue to get aftershocks, more than 600 since March 11, with over 30 more powerful than 6.0. We have had three over 6.4 in just the last 24 hours.

And then the nuke stuff. They seem to be getting a handle on the cooling, but also finding more radiation in produce and in water, including the Tokyo municipal water supply.

I've been riding every day, good riding in Tokyo as there is considerably less traffic than usual.

If you can please give $$ to a reputable charity (Red Cross is very good) to help the many thousands of Japanese who have lost their family members, home and businesses.
  8. klausdorth

klausdorth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In case that it will get worse (is that possible?) - come down to Shikoku!
  9. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me a few things.

1) Is the Cherry Blossom an appropriate symbol to use to remember...sacrifces, those lost, loved, etc
    2) Is the word remember in that context spelled like the left character here:

[​IMG]

Looking to have a small decal made...a few of us Super Tenere orderers feel like the tragedy has come to mean something to us...there's a lot of admiration for the Japanese peoples' poise and dignity through this and it's come to mean something to us...the way we look at the bikes we've ordered through Yamaha has come to mean something to us related to that.

Thoughts? Just dipping my toe in and don't want to create a thread for it.