Jeep "Gladiator"?!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Kommando, Jan 31, 2019.

1. spezjag

spezjag Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I have been thinking about trading the 2016 JK for either a newer JLU Rubicon, or a Gladiator Rubicon. Using the "build your own" feature on the Jeep site, I pick the things I want, #1 of which is a manual transmission.

Fuck me if I cannot find one with the features I want within the maximum 150 mile radius on the Jeep site, either the Wrangler or the Gladiator.

I guess I am stuck with my JKU, which is just as well, I guess. The problem, as I have described to several friends, is that my TJ is not nice to drive, but it is very fun to drive; the JKU is the exact opposite - it's nice to drive, very comfy, but it's absolutely dull as dirt to drive.
  2. Stravoxylo

Stravoxylo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've bought 2 Wranglers and a Durango via factory order, because I wanted specific options. The wait wasn't bad. Consider that if you are set on what you want.
    spezjag likes this.
  3. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    And you used to get a cool window sticker with “built for” listed on it.
    DyrWolf and Stravoxylo like this.
  4. nevermind

nevermind More, more and then more...

Oddometer:
    @Stravoxylo Do you wind up paying sticker price when factory ordering? I've never done that but I've never paid anywhere near sticker for a vehicle.
    Stravoxylo likes this.
  5. Dynamick

Dynamick Waxing Gibbous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was going to ask that same question. :lurk for the answer :D.
  6. Stravoxylo

Oddometer:
    Did not pay sticker price. The last Wrangler was 5% or 6% under invoice. You can negotiate similar, but not the same as a sale for a vehicle in stock. Depends on the dealer, time of year, etc. My deal was with a dealer that does high volume of internet sales, so they do alot of factory orders. Koons Jeep near DC. I've had good experiences with them. Local to me dealers were too annoying to deal with, so a little road trip was easier.
    nevermind, JimVonBaden and Dynamick like this.
  7. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    I paid sticker for my 04 Rubicon special order.
    They weren’t doing any deals on them at that time anyhow.
    Stravoxylo likes this.
  8. Stravoxylo

Oddometer:
    Alot depends on the market at the time. If they are selling fast, the deal is less favorable. If they are not selling, the offers improve.
    I was satisfied with the price I paid, at the time. It wasn't the best deal, and far from the worst deal. Most of all, the transaction was easy.
  9. Dynamick

Oddometer:
    In '04 I bought a long wheel base Wrangler Unlimited, couldn't find a dealer that would deal. Told the 2 sales peeps I had been talking to since you are equal in everything, I'll think about it for another month or so. I got a phone call telling me about the now included Jeep swag, better rubber floor matts and not free but discounted first service. Bought it the next day.
    I like these new Gladiators but not enough to pay for one, yet.
    Stravoxylo likes this.
  10. mazeppa

mazeppa x = y/0

Oddometer:

The manual transmission limits what is available in stock on lots, when/if you do find a manual it never has the options or trim you want. Your best solution is to order and since you are in Virginia, Koons Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram has very good pricing now (make sure to only contact Craig). I can't personally vouch for dealing for Koons but there are many positive reviews I have read. You also have Tri-City in NC that also will deal below invoice.

see for details:
    https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/koons-gladiator-group-buy.27579/

I live in OK and ordered my Gladiator from an Idaho dealer with no trade-in, did a fly & drive (more enjoyable drive home than East Cost area for me). No dealer within 300 mi. local to me could compete in price to the dealers I found in VA, NC, ID, and IA.

Edit:
    Also if you purchase any vehicle, don't look back and don't concern yourself with what others claim their purchase price was. There are better deals now on Gladiators than when I purchased mine last Oct.
  11. Stravoxylo

Oddometer:
    I dealt with Craig for 2 purchases, and I had a very good experience. Easy, direct communication, and everything delivered as agreed.
    mazeppa likes this.
  12. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    If and when the two door becomes I’ll available I’ll perk up some interest again.
    Grreatdog and Dynamick like this.
  13. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's interesting about Koons Jeep. Because Koons Toyota here is still very old school. They still do the I gotta talk to the manager if we throw in the Trucoat bullshit straight out of Fargo. Good to know all Koons don't suck since there are so many around here.

Same here on the two door. My wife and I both loved the concept Gladiator. But the real thing isn't what we had in mind to replace my old Ranger 4x4. Grreatwife hated it. So we got her another 4Runner - out of town because Koons in Annapolis is so infuriating.
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  14. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    EA21A8EA-FDB2-456B-B1C4-5B2176E244BF.jpeg 18464CBD-3121-4F20-B17A-530B42233658.jpeg 618EE902-6BF6-4782-A6B6-00F701AA5DEE.jpeg
    spezjag likes this.
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a special dislike for Koons! :baldy
    Grreatdog likes this.
  16. Dynamick

Oddometer:
    But Crystal is dreamy in an alien way, Capt. Kirk would be all over her.
    :lol3
    Grreatdog likes this.
  17. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    But those eyes make me think vampire. :eekers

What has my attention are the spy shots of a two door Bronco. No doubt it will be as wildly impractical as my 66 Bronco and CJ5. But if Ford doesn't go full Toyota WTF on styling, that one could hit home. Because I like me some small body on frame SUV's.
  18. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    C4544646-317E-4AF9-9D8A-CE5A3FFBEEFB.jpeg CE9C0771-FB73-4611-BCC5-C8AB464D6C1F.jpeg
    DyrWolf likes this.
  19. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    5747B009-2702-4388-A009-9BE457E75787.jpeg 3CE28EE2-EA45-4E57-AD4B-3A3E51FF259B.jpeg A44A0732-C937-41FD-B0F1-B8DE3BF4DBC5.jpeg
    ACR likes this.
  20. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I grew up in Arlington and still remember a guy in the 80s that was so pissed off at Koons he had a full 4x8 sign in the back of his truck saying how bad they were . Glad they are better but still think of that poor bastard every time I see a koons sticker
    Grreatdog likes this.