Jessie James

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ve8nc, Dec 6, 2008.

1. paulmondor

paulmondor Iceman

Oddometer:
    Uhhhhh???

Well! Lemme see here!

tatoos?............................................................Nope?
    Sleeves on all my jackets?...................................Yep!
    Using soap?.......................................................Yep!
    Can lean more than 2 degrees?.............................Yep!
    Millions in my account?........................................Nope!
    Could I do it?.....................................................Yep!!
    Sounds like fun?.................................................Yep!
    Will I do it?........................................................Nope!

It will be interesting to see how they can turn this in a media event! Hopefully they will expose riding in winter as much as Ewan and Charlie exposed the adventure side of our sport.

I always said i wanted to organize a Frozen Butt rally! Who's in?:clap

PS I also have to add that I like Jesse! to me he is the only real thing out there! That is just my opinion. To answer Ron! I was offered to do the ice Hwy and turned it down as I feel i have pushed my luck enough. and to be honest? i believe that the 2200 kms of TLH are harder than the ice Hwy up north. everything is possible with many $$$$ and support vehicle.
  2. The Vert

The Vert Banned

Oddometer:
    Sometimes an adventure is an adventure and sometimes it's a pleasant afternoon under the big top.

tattood goon,
    Berni
  3. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is already a 24 hour run what ya brung race for charity in Fairview Alberta called the numbbum. Organized by the Fairview college they run on a track made on the local lake, teams or solo, open to everyone. Always wanted to get a team going but most of the riders around here are pretty soft.
    I had the pleasure of stopping at Jesse James shop in Longbeach a few years back. The chopper thing isn't my scene but I was really surprised by the quality of the work that comes out of there. Really well finished, mechanically and artistically brilliant.
  4. pelvis_98

pelvis_98 Havin A Time

Oddometer:
  5. Medicine Creek

Medicine Creek 127.0.0.1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    i think its cool. the dude didn't need the money from making it a tv show, he could have just done it without letting anyone tag along. he could have done it with twenty support trucks and just not told anyone. he didn't have to take the chance of pissing off the 53,000 never been on any bike ever dipshits i have seen in the past month with his t-shirts on by riding a bmw instead of a v-twin on the ice.

but i am glad he did cause i like to watch motorcycle shows on tv. :lol3
  6. bugnbox

bugnbox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love it ! Jesse is cool. Face to face the guy is way down to earth and fun to be around and to see him post on here cracks me up almost as much as thinking of him on a GS.:lol3
    I did a Monster Garage episode back a few years ago and have had some other dealings with him too...he definitely does not deserve the crap everyone gives him...but I dont think he cares much about it...thick skin for that kinda thing.

Looking forward to watching this...and seeing more pics of the flamed GS... Classic stuff.

Post some more Jesse !
  7. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    the only reason I could be mad at Jesse James for his success is because he didn't contact me and ask me to join him on the trip- big party foul my man!

Really, why does some folks hate success? Jesse James does the things I like to do- but he just has more money to do it- so what?

I can't afford a Beemer- so I still ride my 200k mile V65 I bought in 1989- here is it with some winter riding mode tires and plastics:

[​IMG]

Jesse James has a shop with tools I don't even know how to use- so I have to do it the cheap way:

[​IMG]

Jesse James is a master metal worker, who made it big- good on him, he gets to do stuff we can't do because we can't afford it- no reason to be hatin'!

I do get some braggin' rights on having 200k winter and summer miles on one bike though LOL:D
  8. j911brick

j911brick Squidinator

Oddometer:
    +1
  9. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
  10. CGH

CGH Polluting the ether

Oddometer:
    That thing has been going on for a long time. Kevin Schwantz did it as part of a team a few years ago.
  11. mxcollector

mxcollector Adventurer

Oddometer:

Yes the Numb Bum 24 is still alive and spike TV contacted us last fall and showed some intention to partecipate ...

You can find more on the infamous race at www.pdramx.com some cool video in the general info section and also rules and series result on www.aeira.com

I have been track designer and event manager for the last 8 years .

The event have had it share of celebrity like Evel Keneevel ,Kevin Swantz , Mike Bell, Scott Paker just to name a few
  12. KLOC

KLOC ...

Oddometer:
    Never saw this show until this evening. Lots of talk about James being the first to ever accomplish this ride.
    Phil Funnel rode it solo in the late 70's.

http://motorcyclehalloffame.ca/phil-funnell.htm

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOd_MdTWeO8" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>
  13. drbike

drbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great clip thanks for sharing
  14. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

This guy is twice the man Jesse James could ever hope to be.
  15. Mr. Canoehead

Mr. Canoehead Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer:
    Calgary, dreaming of riding the Alps, again
    Yeah, but he's not married to Sandra Bullock, like Jesse James. Oh, wait........
  16. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Jesse probably deserved that jab. He has made mistakes. I heard he moved to Texas to be closer to his adopted kid, though, so that's got to be worth some redemption points.

Honestly, I always thought he and Sandra were an odd match. I can't see her hanging out in the shop with him. She obviously has a busy schedule herself. With all of the women throwing themselves at Jesse, that's a problem. Too much alone time with willing women = too much temptation. The Reverend Billy Graham talked about never being alone with a woman he wasn't married to for this very reason. If it was an issue for him, it could be for any of us. That is something he will just have to work out.

I look forward to seeing the episodes of Jesse James is a Dead Man. Some of his past shows have had some cool stuff, so I think this one sounds promising as well. I don't have cable, so I'll be waiting for Netflix to pick it up. If I had the financial ability, I'd be right there with him on the Ice Road! (but I'd bring my wife in a side car :wink:, heated of course)
  17. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Sneak preview of Jesse's book. I don't think I'll buy it....!:evil

25% off at "The Great Canadian Stupidstore".:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]