JettnJimsHighAvdenturTour:2011 Spills, Thrills & Purtty Giirlls!^)-

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jettn Jim, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Haha I dunno brotha... actually you'll crap, been growin' it since Thankgiving. First time I've had hair in over 12yrs :eek1 Just not near as much as back then! :hmmmmm

Yea it's a blast, they rip pretty good on the H2O, frozen or otherwise.:lol3

Thank you... still 3 weeks of riding to go. I'll try to get a week posted up 2mro. :freaky
  2. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Photo. Now.
  3. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Haha Yea.... I dunno!:huh

OK I'm now Haul'n Assee to Tallahassee for the TDA get together with the KLRWorld folks... sooo I plan to finish this RR on the bike and on the road in the next week or so... it will be a good way to get in the head space I need, to sum it all up :freaky
  4. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    I wake up in the soft grass behind a gas-mart, tucked up behind some wooden steps to block the street lamps and block out sounds from the parking lot. It's nice... no biting bugs, just open sky...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZmjDAbyBhv0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>
    A bus reminding our cultures children that, we ARE a PART of NATURE...seemingly apart from nature...
    Seems odd how we teach our young who's ways....
    [​IMG]
    Fuel up and some thoughts...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/auS_8bHl4Qo" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>
    It's a bit HOT back down east...
    [​IMG]
    Now I'm just slabbing it down I-75.....Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Nope nothing but me weaving in and out of traffic for 334mi. Most of the traffic was head'n North sooo that was gooood! Also in the Holiday rush everyone was moving fast giving me good cover, also low enforcement was in my favor. Soo I hauled majorass all the way, 83-85 was my cruising target... thank you holiday traffic this isn't sooo bad.
    OK OK yea 4th O' July traffic sucks... buuuut I was finding the good in the situation and that was that! Yet the closeness of the all the people and the RUSH (OPPOSITE my last 3 months on the byways) deffinately got into my veins.

I get to Toledo, my intersection with I-80... the final slab East into home base.... and after fuel I notice my front 606 is half bald...
    [​IMG]
    Not your normal half worn down knobs.... that'd be nooo problem, these were 180deg apart.... the bent front rim has played a little game of rocks, paper, scissors with the tire, and I have 'round 450mi to go... at high speed,.... on the slab. Hmmm might make it, might not...Not gonna make it.
    [​IMG]
    Shiite it's almost 6pm on Friday of 4th of July weekend! :eek1 I get on the notebook then the cell and locate Honda East Toledo.... with 2 tire options a D404 aaah no thanx... and a MX51 moderate terrain tire, I'll take that one yup. I backtrack 20mi or so and just ketch them open. Jackie and Elaine hook me up... Sexxy.
    [​IMG]
    Have tire will travel... I figure the MX51 will go good with the 606 for some play'n up in the Daks as soon as I get a chance to go up.... Down the road a piece I see a smidge of cover, compressed air, and cold drinks... I hone in.
    [​IMG]
    Aaah ya gota admit, this is a sexxy shot too... she looks goood from this angle!
    [​IMG]
    Up pulls John from Maumee Ohio on a 1200 Cow, I like the color... he's think'n a maybe gett'n a KLR??? Want's an adventure style bike....
    [​IMG]
    I have to sneak the fork brace up a bit more... it's really crowd'n the fork skins for real estate.
    [​IMG]
    Then as I'm hammering back on I-80 I see a car pulled over and turn onto the shoulder and ride back about 1/2mi with my lights out to try not to freak out the oncoming cars any worse...

It's a Mexican-American family from Fort Wayne Indiana, heading for Long Island for the 4th. I do some testing for spark etc... hey man my KLR tool kit is the bomb... multi versatile, haha. Any way yup good spark... ok let me call a buddy with a shop... Hmmm more testing.. fuel pump! He calls a freind from home, gonna take a few hours.... he and the family aren't feel'n reeaal saaaafe on the side of 80+mph rigs.... So I say let me make a call... yup gotcha a tow back to the guy's shop wherer you and the family can rest and maybe eat.
    Luis, Maaarriaaa, Yulissa and Gabby Cabrera....
    [​IMG]
    Lois and Yulissa the oldest daughter speak good english... momma and Gabby... not sooo much.
    Both daughters are born in the states, momma speaks noo english, he's been working here 11yrs and speaks good english, came from Chetumal, but originally fromdown near Belize where he said the folks are moslyl African-American and speak english. I wait around until Jeff shows up then the family ask if there is anything they can do? I say sure how about lending me $20 for fuel till I get home? I'm about broke and I'll mail it back to you.... yup, ok great they get loaded up, I sign the paperwork, tip Jeff and head off...
    [​IMG]
    Hmmm the day has grown long... and it's after dark when i finally get moving again after the tire and tow. Good thing the tire was shot... otherwise I wouldn't have met the Cabrara family :D
    After the tireand family... I've been in around Toledo since 5pm.. it's now 10:15! Now I'm hauling ass again... till just after my 2nd stop in Pa... the Universe speaks... YO DUDE WHATTAYA DOIN?!!
    Somewhere near here I get lit up by the man doin' 84.something... I'm near fuel reserve anyhow soo I decided to wait till the next exit to pull over.. I'll get fuel too...it's not far... We'll they assume I'm try'n to escape and that's the tack they took! Oooh boy this dance is gett' n off on the wrong foot!
    After a bit of "The story of a man...my story..." nope I wasn't escaping... I'm tired, been riding all night... in too big a hurry...I helped a family out.... etc... they write me for Ignoring a Traffic Control Device, $80.50. Woop woop alright with me! Noo points and just pay my dues!:clap
    I thanked 'em in at the end of it all.... for gett'n my attention... I was going waaay to damn fast, at a bad time of day and to damn tired too... outta control. Mighta hurt somebody...
    This is the 1st Ticket in the 12 times I've been pulled over in the last 2yrs.... Just goes to show ya... when your connected life will go along p r e t t y smooth... when your not, it gets abit then alot rougher.
    I leave then still do 85-90 till Brookeville... Can ya believe it....then I talk myself into stopping to eat, it's 4:05am...Sherri leaves at 6am... I'ts 160+miles..aaand at 85-90 I can still make it:0
    But I'm TIRED... Tired and it's still dark... And foggy...I'm dazed... Deer...More cops....Turns...
    More fog... Deer... Poor judgement which I'm exercising right now... SCREW IT! The ~EGO~ saying " I can make it!" is gonna get me killed!! I'll see her in a week and its probably lust... more than love driving me right now anyway....
    I end up eating Chicken fried steak with a trucker and Walmart security guard Barry... from here on in I'm just cruis'n!

On through the night....this cruuuis'n is making me tired.
    At a rest area near Sharon PA I see...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Franchise anybody...?
    [​IMG]
    Also at the "keep yo ass up" Coffee shack ran by the vetrans, I meet Norman Domblisky from Phillipsburg... he spots me a coffee and I promise to send a donation to him/them.
    Onward...
    Feel'n all.... Riders of the Storm...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d8hwp_P3gKs" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>

[​IMG]
    The rode all day, then all night, over and over and over and still riding stare...
    [​IMG]
    Fight'n through the Witching hour.... hours...........
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some of the coolest art I've ever seen on a rig...
    [​IMG]
    As I'm passing it, I'm passing a chick on her own ride...we are both happy and enjoying this truck.
    [​IMG]
    Different styles... but the same smiles!^)-
    [​IMG]
    Reminds me of faces in the clouds.... and Bodega Bay surf with Jess....
    [​IMG]
    And Desiree'.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When I get 'bout an 1hr and a 1/2 from the house I pull in for fuel, then go lay in the grass... it might be 8-9-10am??? I dunno, I just need a power naaappppp... still wearing the helmet, gloves and all.... with the H2O pack and helmet I'm propped up pretty good. I'll wake when I wake... gooood night!
  5. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
    Aw some job Jim,!! LOVE you're vibe!! Get Home Safe!..... :clap
  6. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    I can't believe how hard you push yourself sometimes, man. I haven't often seen you THAT worn out, and running that kind of mileage on a KLR is tough on anyone. I'm constantly amazed when you return from these runs, from one side of the country to the other, like it's no big thing. Like you just had to run to the store for a loaf of bread.

That said, I love the energy that you bring with ya. The people that you meet and the pictures that you take (at highway speeds, no less). Keep on rollin. Meaty side up.
  7. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx maan... I really appreciate the compliment! :freaky

Thanx my brotha, love your style too! Ol' Desiree' is a superbike!:wink:
  8. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    So I wake up in the July heat a couple hrs later and continue the last few miles....
    I stop by my buddy Nick and his Hot wife Amy's place since it's on the way home.
    [​IMG]
    Nobody home but I meet Cameron who lives down the street from Nick...
    [​IMG]
    Gave him my email to check out the report and to send him some books. Back on the road....
    The Mighty Susquehanna... my Walleye and Smallmouth fish'n paradise!
    [​IMG]
    And The Bloomsburg Fairgrounds.... this is it.
    [​IMG]
    Then it's on to Jens place to chill with a beer and she hooks me up with some salad too!
    [​IMG]
    Liv'n LARGE!)
    [​IMG]
    <IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iC54MpQGuIE" frameBorder=0 width=420 height=315 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    We go down and set by Fishing Creek with her pooch Chella for a while...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After a shower over at my place in an emptyhouse, we go out for more drinks and chow...
    It's Russels... great fooid and over 100 beers!
    Kelly from Bloom'n Bagels and Jenny...
    [​IMG]
    Then friends of Jens I'd just met Thomas and Heidi, their both from Washington state too!^)- Now living up in Bellingham (a kick little town near the San Juans) he reads alot too.... aaand lost his smell with a head injury! WHAT dang we have a lot in common dude!
    [​IMG]
    They tell me to check out Mystery Fyre music.... it's spreading our word...
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mysteryfyre
    <IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hPSzSGGPnzM" frameBorder=0 width=560 height=315 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Then we meet these three cool dudes Gary and Terry both from Victoria BC and Wally from Galgary AB.
    [​IMG]
    They had flown to Long Island to buy a MINT condition Turbo Deisel duelly...CHEAP, and are driving it back across the country. They had flown with cash (ALOT!) to buy the truck and we're damn happy not to have been checked at Customs! They insisted on buying us drinks and wanted to hear all about my adventure and thoughts on living your own DREAM!^)-
    It had a nice tailgate mural...
    [​IMG]
    They had met in Nelson, BC (oooh I like Nelson :bmwrider) Worked together for the Provincial Government.
    Jenny saying goodbye...
    [​IMG]
    I haven't talked about the neg vibe I've been picking up in PA.... but needless to say 2mro I'll head north for the Dak's for some more offroad rid'n and some Wilderness vibes!
    Peace,
    Jim
  9. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lf1j1zrnxss" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Forgot to add that the MX51 tire option is notttt work'n out soooo good. It worked fine in a straight line on the slab of I-80 but as I whipped Desiree' around in front of Russels last night for drinks etc... the front washes out and down I go in front of the crowd... oooh yeeaaa what an entrance! :lol3 I wonder if I had pushed too hard and still scratch my head a bit.... gonna havta keep a third eye on that tire :huh.

So as I eluded to last night Pennsylvania hasn't been entirely warm and cozy to me since my re-entry.... I won't go into details, buuut only a couple years ago I would've beat the $hit outta a couple people already... sooo I decide to head to the Wilds of the Adirondack Park... AKA the Dak's!^)- obviously I'm not ready to be here and it's not ready for me.

First thing I pull out and head 'er north on some back roads through Northeast, Pa... Jenny gets out her Monster and rides with me for a while...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As I get near Harford I head East a bit for I-81 to refuel and eat at a Diner I like, called the Penn Can truck stop (short for Pennsylvania-Canada). In here I get some good eats as ussual and meet more Puurtty giirls!^)
    [​IMG]
    The talk turns from Spirit & World, to Sex and/or lack thereof... Jessica's Fiance is in Fort Lewis awaiting deployment to Afganistan... She hasn't seen him except for two weeks since Oct 2010... Sooo she's feel'n a bit frisky fer sure... Tells me I need a smart phone... then as she's demo-ing hers to me... accidently shows me a pic of her belly and nicely shaped boobs... WoooHooo thank YOU very, very much :clap
    With a full belly and a nicely shaped vision in my mind I motor on...
    [​IMG]
    I 4-lane it for a way's then take some scenic 2-lane slab up into the Dak's... Try'n to make it up for the 4th O' July fireworks. Lotsa nice farms along Hwy-8 rolling pasy the historic Unadilla Race Track...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bad pic of the tracks barn...
    [​IMG]
    Interesting take on the Fracking goin' on lately...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As the sun starts to set I notice for the 3rd time now that this Front NON DOT knobby isn't such a good Idea... well it is/was if ya just use it for it's intended purpose like the trails of the Dak's I'll be rid'n. But I forget and push it on the slab, like the 606's I've been running...
    As I get to Utica and hit the offramp to merge with Hwy-12 I roll around the ramp somewhere near 60mph (it's posted 25-30 ish I think) and as I get around to where the corner straightens out to meet 12 the front just keeps pushing.... pushing.... and pushing.... there's a car coming up along side to my left and I nearly drift under his front tire :eek1! I can't lift off too much or it loads the tire even more... causing more slip... and I can't completely twist it open either or it pushes too.... so I feather it on, off, on off... until I drift in next to the car, get 'er straight then pin it and pass them on the right as I merge into the traffic lanes.
    Whoa... man I gotta watch this tire IT IS deffinately com'n OFF ASAP!
    I txt my buddy Brian to see about pitch'n the tent in his back yard... then roll into Old Forge...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wZxb6OSY2OA" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Then to kill time until he gets done bartending swing into Tote's Place in Thendara to see my O'l buddy Jay, burn some Kind and just chill with friends...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RbvkS1Dx6rc" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Tote's got it's name from Toads, Jay told me one night years ago... He said he and a buddy were driving around partying and came across a Toad/Frog migration of some sort that occurs up thata way... he said thousands were crossing the road and swerve and try as you might you couldn't avoid hitting some of them... pop, crackle, snap, pop, pop they heard as the tires squished the poor things.... sooo they decided to name the Bar w/Music and exotic dancing at times :D Tote's Tea house after those poor frogs...
    I'm assuming it was these guy's...
    Eastern Spadefoot ToadScaphiopus holbrookii
    [​IMG]
    Click images for enlargements and license information
    Identifying characteristics: A small brown toad with large protruding eyes with vertical pupils. Their eye color is gold and glow pink under flashlight at night, making them easy to spot. Stemming from the eyes, an hourglass-shaped marking, formed by light-colored lines, stretches down the back. They may also be speckled with orange/reddish warts. The hind feet have a sickle-shaped digging "spade" for burrowing. Video1
    Size: Average body length of 2 inches.
    Habitat: Wooded areas with soft soil or sand to burrow through. They spend most of their time underground, coming up at night to feed.
    Food: Carnivorous. Insects and earthworms.
    Vocalization: Repetitive, low-pitched "errrrr." Audio1, Audio2
    Reproduction: Breeds during times of heavy rain and lays eggs in temporary pools. Tadpoles hatch and mature quickly to beat the drying of the pools. "YOUNG FROGS MIGRATE OUT BY THE THOUSANDS USUALLY AT THE SAME TIME, CAUSING TRAFFIC PROBLEMS IN SOME AREAS."
    Other Info.: Nocturnal. Skin is slightly toxic to some animals

After some kickass fooseball I ask Jay about any shops in the area that I can maybe get some 606's through??? He tells me his buddy Tim, owns Adirondack Cycle and Snow over near Boonville... cool beans tomorrow I'll call him and order some up! Then it's time to pitch the tent in Brians back yard and look forward to the dirt riding to come...
    [​IMG]
  10. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DTmyPK6YNUQ" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Next day dawns clear and after gett'n some tires on order I head North for a few miles of explor'n the Dak's...
    A ride across Stillwater road to the Reservoir is in order...
    [​IMG]
    The cutoff where we jumped onto the flow in the winter with our sleds to save a few miles on the road and to have a chance to run wide open across the flow to the Stillwater Restaurant and fuel stop...
    [​IMG]
    This is the launch where I had the run-in with the Rangers a few years back... Mace in the face, $100,000.00 bail and directly to jail... it's aprox 9mi over to Beaver River where a buddy and I liked to be the first ones to cross the flow early in the winter on thin ice... It's a small Village only accessable by this water or an old closed Railway that requires snow pack to be rideable...
    [​IMG]
    Sat here one afternoon as two good friends went into the Bar for a beer.... aaafter riding around on snowmobiles for 130 miles tripp'n our assses off! .... I warned 'em not to go in there! They could not find their way out... the pool table looked like a 2"x3" deck of cards laying on the floor, and they couldn't find the exit door. :lol3 I could hear them talking to each other from inside the building while I sat here 100yds away... senses very attuned. The ice was shifting shapes so crazily, that it looked like sand traps on a golf course trading positions every few seconds.... fun day!^)-
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful Marion who along with her husband Joe, own the restaurant and some rooms for rent...
    [​IMG]
    Then across the way is The Stillwater Shop (no afiliation with the restaurant) this was always one of our fuel stops on the way north into the wilds...
    [​IMG]
    Owned by Frank who always had some time to chat with us... he just got through doin' surgery on his larynx for 4 benign tumors... starts light radiation next week, 21 treatments 3 days a week... prayers are with him. He moved up here from the city where he used to build turbochargers for the car scene, remarried with a much younger wife had a couple more kids and just chills now, they also have a B&B. Good folks!
    Frank and a toy...
    [​IMG]
    Niice sticker...
    [​IMG]
    On the way to Moser falls to catch an old snowmobile trail, I meet a Ranger named John... Frank had told me that one of the Rangers I had a run in with, back in the day, was down in Utica with his dieing father... I figured I'd like to go out of my way and go visit him and offer up my support, since I'd delt with a good bit of death lately... After I told John who I was... he told me it probably wasn't a good idea.... I'd say after hearing one side of the story John figured I was a bad ass and didn't warm up to me sooo much, hmmm ok I'll just ride on...
    [​IMG]
    The trail was closed for the summer which meant I had to ride some roads till I could access it, I head out Soft Maple, Hogs Back etc...
    Some nice looking hill climbs over there...
    [​IMG]
    Metal supports, but cool wooden water tower...
    [​IMG]
    Miles of water line from the Dam on the flow...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Out near Indian River, I see some litter and as I pull over I remember this old farm, with this little graveyard in it... in the winter, the graves were always buried with snow so I'd never seen them before...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Beautiful place they had settled into....
    [​IMG]
    I kneel down to pray/communicate with the folks....
    [​IMG]
    Visit the locals... then ride on....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm head out marked roads like Long Pond, Bald Mount, Bryant Bridge and Microburst Blvd then onto unmarked old C-8... now things start getting fun... and swampy!
    [​IMG]
    This hole was well up onto my side cases, tanic stained, with rocks and logs, then the ledge leading up onto the rock where I'm parked was almost like riding up onto a desk...
    [​IMG]
    An easy downhill....
    [​IMG]
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qfIUGMwWvaI" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Before I reach the Aldrich Pond Wilderness trail while still on C-8, I sure enough come to a gate... I get around it then find another here...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Beautiful lakes and streams everywhere...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then I pop back out onto pavement...
    [​IMG]
    I stop in Harrisville for coffee and gas, only to hear a guy cussing at his wife... LOL ooohboy.
    His name is Dan and he, the wife and a cute granddaughter are on their way to Saranac lake in an old Chevy motorhome.
    [​IMG]
    He says it ran good a few months ago... haha reeaally?! I ask about the trouble then dug in with Desiree's ol' tool kit. We checked for spark... NONE! ooh boy... I called my buddy Bud again at his shop and he thought it might be the D/M... I spooked around under the dash and found the horn wouldn't work either and it was wired to the into the Distributor Module... soo a new fuse and he was up and running again... WoooHooo! They left HAPPY and tipped me $20- oooh my... naa I'm ok... buuut I could use the gas!^)- Thank you Great Spirit for giving me the knowledge to help... good end to the day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In Croghan I stop for dinner and meet another super Puurty Giirrl... buut for some reason don't get a pic? Instead I go down to the Beaver River which flows out of the Stillwater Reservoir I was on earlier today waaay back. The Indian River also flows through town...
    [​IMG]
    Through here... haha, and back to Brians.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He gets ahold of some friends.. some I knew others I didn't, and then Brian puts on a helluva clamb bake...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    End of another good day in the Daks... 2mro some more miles and new rubber.
  11. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ve1rjZ9aOsI" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

I get up head out into the country to get in some miles and then swing by Adirondack Cycle to pick up the new 606's...WooHooo WILL BE GLAD!
    I head to Keye's Pancake house for some eggs and meet Jessica, we decide we're on the same page.. or at least in the same book. LOL
    [​IMG]
    We talk about Intent and how we create/manifest our own reality by the thoughts we have and the beliefs they foster... we both realize we don't have to Run from or to Anything Anymore... aaah including ourselves.
    Also as I'm suit'n up to roll out I meet TerryTH an Inmate here on ADV. He and 3 guys just finished riding Labrador and Newfy !!! :) 200mi on an abandoned Rail... Deer, Lakes, Sand and Fill...
    [​IMG]
    Coupla kLR's a Dakar and a Strom....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then I roll into Mountain Man of Old Forge looking for some gear... It's an outdoor supply post and in the past they've hooked me up with good deals on serious gear. I get Mikes phone# and email... been too long and I can't remember our conversation too well:/ Guess I'll havta ping him with the RR and see what gives.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then it's over to Boonville to pick up the new knobbies :D first thing I notice is all the ol' sleds and bikes sitting around... aaah the memories of my childhood.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm not a Cruiser guy per se.. but ya gotta like this bike...
    [​IMG]
    Nice selection of gear and consumables like filters etc... here in bum egypt. Tim and Jerry run the joint. Ol' friends of Jay my buddy from Tote's.
    [​IMG]
    I Grab the tires and some coool stickers and promise to plug his shop! Soo if yer every in Upstate NY and need parts FAST and at a goood price, from a really nice gang of guys who are REAL bike nuts, STOP in and say high! Tim got me the tires the next day! :clap
    [​IMG]
    I pull into a Wally World and quick swap the oil under a bit of cover from a carport type structure built to cover Amish wagons when they come to shop... LOL sorry I can't find any pics:( Rains been chasing me and for some reason I feel I should do the tires out back behind the building. Which puts me in direct open fire of the rains.. but I luck out and get both tires back on the rims before it hits me as I'm sliding the rear axle in, it's just a shower so I'm feeling lucky today.
    [​IMG]
    I see a cool barn with a spring water sales shed next door, sooo I pull in to investigate...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After some research I learn this...
    Glenfield, NY Water Hauling Services

<!-- Modified to fix the UAT issue FW-95 - Ends Here -->Caleb&#8217;s Water

<META name=description content="Water Hauling - Glenfield, NY - Caleb&#8217;s Water">
    Let Caleb&#8217;s Water provide you with fresh, pure, and richly-oxygenated artesian water in the Glenfield, NY community. Our water supply contains Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Zinc with a total alkalinity of 330 that results to a 7.0 Ph intake or equivalent to perfect water. Make us your choice for living water supply for all your specific needs!

[​IMG]

Learn More About Caleb&#8217;s Water:
    • Bulk water sales
    • Residential, commercial, and industrial services
    • Emergency water
    • Wells and cisterns
    • Swimming pools
    • Ponds and more
    "Caleb&#8217;s Water was established by the family to help cover the medical expenses of the owner&#8217;s grandson, Caleb Krzywkowski, who was diagnosed with cancer at one month of age. At the present time, Caleb at three years of age is cancer free."

Contact Caleb&#8217;s Water today at 315-376-6208 or 315-286-8441 (CEO) for inquiries or for more information on our services offered.

I had to "highlight" that last paragraph... awesome for Caleb, just AWESOME!

On a side note... this is Doug, he used to own the Eagles Nest Bar and Resturaunt in Eagle Bay NY. We used to have a BLAST there in the winters.... aaah the memories. He has a nice leetle bike here and I'm eyeing up the forks BIGTIME for a future mod. Anyway I gave him the old GeoMax front knob, it was GREAT in the Dirt and Mud!) NOT soo safe on the slab!(
    [​IMG]
    Then down the road a piece I see a Bar/Resuraunt I've never been in soo I pull in for... yup a beer and some chow.
    [​IMG]
    Really cool interior... Not everyday you see a tree inside a joint... sorry about the blurry Puurrty giirrl pic!
    [​IMG]
    And a rockface that's actually a face...
    [​IMG]
    Lotsa wood and Great food! Yup by now you've probably guessed that... It's either I'm really damn lucky or the food is Great all around the country :lol3
    [​IMG]
    I meet Corey Yeager and 2nd or 3rd Puurrty Giirrl of the day Stacy Burns, Corey used to race Artic Cats in SnowXross. They tell me that next week is the Boondocks 1yr anniversary. The Puurrrty blonde waitress in Croghan told me about it, I think she works here too.
    [​IMG]
    Then it's time to scrub in these tires...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aaaaah the Daks...
    [​IMG]
    Had to stop and share some peace...
    [​IMG]
    Henry here was born in....... 1715!!! WOW
    [​IMG]
    Then I see some folks playing on some falls and ride down to check it out..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FdYLpGWy5Aw" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    Then it's a nice ride back to camp...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll ride toward Rochester to meet up with Parepin and together we'll ride South to visit Gunny..
  12. Whiteshaman

Whiteshaman n00b

Oddometer:
    What is the record/music?
  13. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Audioslave "Be yourself" from the Out of Exile CD.
  14. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    "Jimmy, john and my dad stopped by this evening and i showed them your site, they love it. Great job, keep up the great photos and hair standing stories.
    Creasy"

This from some of my best friends who I showed ADVRider to and logged on with his PC as if I was on my own, soo it shows up as me...
    Sooo any way... Thanx Creas' glad you guy's liked it! :freakygonna try and finish 'er up 2nite! :eek1
  15. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Well one year ago today I left on this ride sooo I wanna try'n finish it up... keeping it all to within only a year for dang sake:eek1

I do apologize for taking so long to get this all down on paper so to speak. I didn't realize how long it would to upload all the pics, review notes, and put video to youtube... Heck I learned mosta that stuff doing this report... as I was really green to the whole PC scene.

SO let's get this show on... or should I say OFF the road! :lol3

Here are the pics I left out of the last post of the 4 guys who just rode the TransLab and Mike from Mountain Man...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    From the looks of the leak.. I'd say ther's Beer in that there Paneer!^)-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lets let Big Head Todd set the mood for todays ride from Old Forge to over near Rochester where I'm hoping to run into Alex alias... "Parepin"
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ZyT5IugA0A" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    I'm gonna just post up the pics and let them tell the story as I ride through some BEAUTIFUL farm country in Upstate NY...
    I pack up the tent, fuel up the bike, hit up breakfast and ease out into the country...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The stream forms their pool haha... aaaah Bikinis...:D Sorry hard to keep quite :lol3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's here that I take a little toke to uncoil my spring... and really start to feel Mother Earth and Sister water.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Had to stop in for a World Famous burger... aaaand have a beer on the porch with the locals...
    [​IMG]
    They get like upwards of 20ft of lake effect snow here some years!
    [​IMG]
    Then on over to the Salmon River Reservoir...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OK I realize I can't really post up pics without telling you where they're at... how else can I share the sights and sounds that you may someday wanna come checkout too.... sooo back to normal. :1drink
    [​IMG]
    This one looks like a picture from a puzzle box to me and I like it...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I get to my next destination of Sandy Pond... or should I say I meander around riding through familiar old spots from the last 29yrs of summer and winter weekends spent here in the Upstate area... pretty open and it always made me feel comfortable like my ol' home of Eastern Washington.
    Ive got ALOT of CRAZY stories from here in the 80's and 90's... Like skinny 175lb me beating every guy they'd put in front of me arm wrestling at the local bars laaaate into the drunken nights.... One time it was with a big ol' kid about 19yrs old who was gonna play Semi-Pro football right outta high school... But in pre season he broke his leg and ended his future... very sad. Anyway he had 19.5 - 20" arms and literally cried on the hood of my car as I beat him with both right aaand left arms LOL! I calmed him down and explained that it was REEAALY Mind over Matter. That I simply focused my mind and intended/believed I was gonna beat him... and so I did, simple as that.
    Then we'd heading out onto this beach to party and drive all over the dunes after they kicked us outta the bar and before the fights broke out...
    I remember one night in my Toyota Tercel SR5 (yup dang thing went like hell in the sand and snow) ripping up and down the beach about 3-4a.m. when me and my Bro-in-law Denny went off about a 3ft drop off at about 35mph and found ourselves in the lake (Ontario) with water up over the tires, coming in the doors and each wave rocking the little blue missile back and forth...back and forth...back and forth! We thought we'd eaten the shit for sure... then outta the blue we see lights and feel a bump, then a push... it was a cool dude we'd met pushing us out with his CJ5. Aaah the fun... a little WD-40 to dry the distributor, then swapping a front tire because we'd slid the pass side off the bead and we were on our way again.
    The beach..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    aaaah more Bikinis! :wink:
    [​IMG]
    "The hottest spot on the shoreline"
    In the 1950s, Sandy Island Beach was opened as a private beach resort by LeGrande and Eva Smith. The resort became very popular. As Jack Major described it, "Overnight, Sandy Pond Beach &#8211; renamed Sandy Island Beach &#8211; became the place to go".<SUP id=cite_ref-Major1_4-0 class=reference>[5]</SUP> Ed Wyroba recalled that, through the 1960s, "it was the hottest spot on the shoreline. All our parents had gone there."<SUP id=cite_ref-Knobel81_5-0 class=reference>[6]</SUP> Following LeGrande Smith's death in 1966 and a decline in its popularity, the resort was closed in the early 1970s. The condition of the area deteriorated, which led to public discussions in 1976 of its possible purchase by Oswego Country.<SUP id=cite_ref-PS76_6-0 class=reference>[7]</SUP> In 1980, 450 acres (180 ha) of the resort were purchased from the Smiths by Ed Wyroba and Dyke Riggs. They reopened the resort in 1981,<SUP id=cite_ref-Knobel81_5-1 class=reference>[6]</SUP> and operated it until 1991.<SUP id=cite_ref-7 class=reference>[8]</SUP> In 1999, The Nature Conservancy stepped in to help protect the property. In partnership with Oswego County and the State of New York, the Central & Western New York Chapter of The Nature Conservancy acquired the remaining 133 acres (54 ha) from the Riggs' heirs. The Conservancy then conveyed 13 acres (5.3 ha) on the beachfront to Oswego County for a park; 120 acres (49 ha) were purchased from the Conservancy by New York State for the Unique Area.<SUP id=cite_ref-Hill99_3-1 class=reference>[4]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-8 class=reference>[9]</SUP> Oswego County operated the beach resort for several years, and built a new bathhouse, picnic pavilions, and a boardwalk. In 2005, the County Park was transferred to the New York State Park system, which currently operates it
    The park's area is 13 acres (5.3 ha), which makes it the smallest New York State Park.

Obviously we couldn't nor would we rip around out here today... live and learn.
    Sandy Pond...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Back on the road west...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I roll into Fairhaven and set eyes on Sodus Bay...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then come across a Lunker league Bass Tourney getting ready to fire the start gun...
    [​IMG]
    I head west a bit more and find another park called Scotts Bluff with some very cool looking cliffs overlooking more of Lake Ontario...
    [​IMG]
    Natures erosion had worked her artistry on it well...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This girls got alotta real estate all to her self...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Back to Desiree' and back on the road...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As I get near Alexs I see this nice ol' Chevy while I'm fueling up... younger guy, he tells me the story and I ride on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I get to Rochester and start to feeling a leeeetle bugged out! :eek1 Maaan there are ALOTTA people around here... Maaaybe I don't reeaaly need to visit Alex afterall. haha
    [​IMG]
    Turns out I was mistaken and he doesn't live here... wheeew thaaat's goood. I turn Desiree' back to the Southeast and roll toward Alex's place.
    The route takes me along the Erie Canal...
    [​IMG]
    Some good ol' boys goin' out for the night bite...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Niiice evening...
    [​IMG]
    I roll in and find Parepin busy at work on his "Militarized" '73 Honda 500...
    [​IMG]
    Turns out he crashed his KLR pretty hard a few weeks ago getting pretty buggered up, breaking his hand etc... and was rigging up a thumb throttle among other things.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The poor KLR...
    [​IMG]
    We bowl up then head into town for Pub -n-Grub where he tells me some history of the town...
    [​IMG]
    History of the Ohmann Theatre
    The Ohmann Theatre was built in 1915 by Burt Ohmann in Lyons, New York. Burt operated the theatre through the 1930's. His sons Robert and Myron took over the management of the theatre together through the following twenty years. Robert continued to run the theatre as the sole proprietor and theatre manager until the late 1980's. In 2005 his oldest son Bob brought the theatre back to the Ohmann family with a complete reconstruction.
    Through its long and proud history the Ohmann Theatre has been a live theatre house, the site of vaudeville and musical entertainment, and even a venue for amateur boxing. Of course, the movie screen was always there, lighting the faces of the finest actors and the most touching cinematic moments, from the earliest silent films through the talkie era and beyond.
    Now back in the Ohmann family and renovated to modern standards but still with the old-fashioned charm and character of the original house, the lights are shining brightly at the Ohmann Theatre again.

Highlights of the Renovation
    • Reconstruction of interior, with reconfigured seating, restored woodwork and trim, new flooring, and bathroom facilities.
    • New seating, built to match by the Irwin Company, the same firm that built the original seating in 1914. Original seats were saved for use in the balcony.
    • New projection system, with both film and DVD capabilities.
    • New sound system, with special surround-sound and digital stereo.
    • New stage sound and lighting.
    News Clippings, 1915:
    Construction and Grand Opening of Ohmann Theatre
    click image to enlarge
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Storefronts Along William St., 1916
    click image to enlarge
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Ohmann Theatre Interiors, 1916
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Renovation of Ohmann Theatre, Summer 2005
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Then after finding food we get the news their still waiting on their Liquor License... sooo we head out to a nice Pub speacializing in Micro brews- Growler's Pub&Grill, the guy is super nice and gives me an Autographed sticker.
    [​IMG]
    While Alex and I are sitting in the park eating our wings... out walks a guy wearing knee high motocross boots, short shorts and a short tight womans like top... oh and he's got a Big WWF wrestling belt draped over his shoulder... :eek1 WOW
    I somehow did'nt get a pic... I tried to say hello and be my friendly self, but he was having no part! Alex says he's pretty unsocial and thinks he's the World Champ... the wrestlers name he was screaming elludes me though... Interesting bubble he lives in... sad in that he hasn't found himself, so he identifies with a powerful external figure...hmmm

Back to the house finish the '73 and crash on the couch...
    I wake up to this.. egss, hot sauce and pain pills!!! LOL
    [​IMG]
    Damn... mighty nice of him to cook me Bfast!!! He NEVER cooks... I've spent several thousand miles riding with this vagabond and this is a treat. I spose those are his pain meds... as though he thought I may need one? Funny but I was thinking how he had gotten careless and crashed hard hurting himself and the bike. And how I'm waaay more unconservative than him and had been pushing it a bit this ride but nooo hard crashes. Well in a couple weeks I would crash almost the same way... Damn!

His steeds... The '73 looks good. He covered the seat with an old jacket, painted her and built the panniers too.
    [​IMG]
    Then it's Southward to go visit Gunny and do a shakedown...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Along the way he points out a Famous Mormon Temple... Hill Cumorah, I had no Idea? I knew Joseph Smith had moved the Mormons from Illinois to Utah but didn't know the significance of this region.
    [​IMG]
    Turns out it all started here! I wish now I would have walked the Sacred grove to feel it's message...
    The Sacred Grove
    (843 Stafford Rd., Palmyra, NY 14522)

<HR>In the spring of 1820, Joseph Smith, Jr. entered this remnant of an ancient forest to kneel in prayer. The vision he beheld of God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, initiated the restoration to the earth of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Nine years later, in late June of 1829, Joseph Smith Jr. gathered a small group of his family and friends to a secluded spot in these woods and showed them the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated. He allowed each of the eight participants to hold the ancient record, turn its pages and examine its characters. They prepared a written testimony, which was published in the Book of Mormon
    [​IMG]
    I was at one time babtised as a Mormon, but as you know by now... I have a bit broader view of all things Spirit. Still I had to check out the vibe. People walking by wearing their sacred Whiteys looked at us with somewhat lifted eyebrows.. haha yup I know, but we're all about love folks no fears.
    [​IMG]
    Funny named Church.. too bad they and the Mormans (and the other 100,000 denominations) can't agree on the simple truth that there are a couple paths up the mountain not just one!
    [​IMG]
    We zig-zag through out the Finger Lakes and the Wine country...
    [​IMG]
    Then without taking many pics??? we get to Gunny's mid afternoon...
    This is the second time I've met Gunny and both times he's showed nothing but EXTRAORDINARY hospitality! He gets right to work grilling up some steaks and pours a leetle whiskey to rinse the dust outta our throats.
    [​IMG]
    We of course talk heavy KLR and of future rides and mods we're think'n of adding to our machines.
    Gunny, Mrs Gunny, Alex, Bambi Killer and Desiree' chill'n and grill'n.
    [​IMG]
    After too short of a visit Alex needs to head North and me South... so we say farewell and part ways.
    Thank you again Mr and Mrs for the great time :bow See ya soon I hope!
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K2EXR1GIDSk" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    I decide that instead of the direct route home I had discussed with Gun I'd go back route... it just felt right. It got reealy niice and foggy on the way adding a great feel to the end of the ride.
    I take some video thanking all the folks and companies who helped make this ride so fun!
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yNGipqG4MCg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yQDMDd0Oku0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  16. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Yup I wake up the next day in sunny old Pennsyltucky and decide I'm gonna go ahead and ride on up through Labrador, Quebec, Novia Scotia etc.... keep this RR goin' a bit longer. I've been meaning to ride that area for the last couple years, and after the Alaska ride last year waaas heading that way...
    The Great One near Healy...
    [​IMG]
    Jamm'n Jenna at the Big Su...
    [​IMG]
    But the Death of my engine and more importantly the last days on this marble for a close, close friend who was like a Grandfather to me brought me home early...
    Here's the Story of the night I flew home from Anchorage that I had posted in Alex's Ride Report the RootBeer Run, Chasing the Sun and other misadventures... I copied it here to give you some insight into my new plan.

August 2010
    "First off...A big THANX to...
    [​IMG] GaryAK
    <!-- #dg-post-user-name -->Easy Going
    <!-- #dg-post-user-title -->[​IMG]
    <!-- #dg-post-user-avatar -->Joined: Aug 2010
    Oddometer: 25
    He came by to see how much he could help us and brought a whole box of ratchet straps, and cold drinks!:1drink man that was cool!!! Then he drove us down to the Port to show us where we'd be shipping my bike as well as Jessica and Jacks (we met them in Gwennies pics to come) He hooked me up with shipping to Seattle and with the other 2 bikes it was only like $200- a piece!?! He said it would be $300- which was still cheap but it got even betta WoooHooo THANX MANG!:freaky We also had some kickass conversation on the drive talk about coming from different worlds he and us were coming from opposite ends of the spectrum, but when it got down to it we were the same...it was kueewel.

Second....wow bikes look'n goood Alex! gonna be Suweeeeet...

Third.... I guess I can go further into details about the bike...yup it was catastrophic but I was ready to ride her back to Idaho to do the engine swap there, keep putt'n straight weight oil and lucas additve in her. I figured it would be a good test in a safe environment afterall were in northern N. America not the middle of the Atacama Desert so this will give all us thumper guys an idea how far we can push it! :D
    So the next morning I start to pull the rotor side cover off for a peak and my back goes tweeeaaak...........OUCH maaaan you gotta be kidd'n me! :huh 2 months, thousands of miles and some highspeed crashes with no affect...nada zilch zip..and now it's out! Fruck!
    Then something sinks in...:cry for about the last week since we left Fairbanks for Deadhorse my wife had told me how Mr. Thomas a Grandfather like figure to us both for the last 15yrs, who lives downstairs in the house we rent from him is not doing very well at all...he's been growing rapidly old these last 7yrs since his wife died...Alzheimers setting in and using oxygen to breath. I made him a promise a couple years ago that he would never go in a nursing home...that he would spend his last days in this body in the peace and comfort of his own home.
    Sooo I realize that my hyper energy and lets go maaan we caaan dooo it attitude had me forgetting the serious situation at home.
    This tweaking of my back was a reminder to call her and get a flight home....NOW! Funny how our culture has forgotten how to listen...to each other...to the forces of nature...the Spirit...and ourselves, all these being the same anyway. One last crazy party night we have.... pics later then a hungover wakeup.
    So bike goes in the crate I say goodbye with handshakes and hugs then off I fly back East to return in a couple weeks to rebuild and continue the ride.
    I land and get to Mr. T's bedside a little after noon...he's breathing really hard and fast, can't open his eyes or acknowledge that I'm there...he looks to me to have aged 20 yrs in 2 months...he's 84 but looks 104. I go upstairs to rest a bit then at 7p.m. Sherri says you better go down and see Mr.Thomas again...yeah no doubt...we go downstairs and she take Bob our close friend and Mr. T's daytime caretaker out onto the porch to leave us alone. I've never ask her if she knew the reason I was brought back or if she just felt since I had been away we should be alone?...
    I kneel down next to his bed taking his hand, and start to tell him how much we love him, and that we know how much he loves us, how much he means to us...how no one other than our own mothers and fathers has ever treated us so well as he and Mrs. Thomas have....he continues to breath a mile a minute really laboring and as I've known for years he is a dying man. No diseases as society calls them...just goin through the cycle of life. I begin to understand that he has maybe been waiting for me...whether to say goodbye or to help him I'm not sure....but I keep squeezing his hand and start to pray...I mean really pray...I'm praying to God, The Great Spirit, The Sun, The Earth, Jesus, you pick the name its all the same...I pray that he/she takes him...I tell Mr.T thats it's ok now he can go...Mrs. T is waiting and it's alright buddy you can go. I keep praying while I cry my eyes out...praying he'll go...after a few minutes his breathing slows... I feel a sense of relief....I pray and his breathing gets fast and labored again...I feel a little doubt... but not much and keep praying...his breathing slows again and after a minute his head kind of rolls back on the pillow and as I'm sobbing but quitely and with hope and joy....his eyes open, they open WIDE the prettiest blue you ever saw. He has such a sudden sense of peace about him now and I keep praying....his breathing continues to slow and I feel that it's working, he's excaping this prison his body has become...I cry and pray it seems like forever...and it stops he has quite breathing...then he starts again, and I pray harder...it slows.... and it stops.... it has stopped...he is quite now...I sob almost uncontrollably... but they are tears of joy...He has passed on and is looking down on me, proud to see that I came back to help him....Sherri and Bob come back into the room just as if they had been summoned by someone looking out the door drawing them in with a come here index finger motion. I tell them he's gone now and then try to comfort Sherri as she starts to break up....It's all good baby doll he's at peace... this part of his journey's over now, but he's still here just not in the same form...You never die you can't...energy can't be destroyed, it just changes form. Listen, feel and sense real carefully and you'll be suprised at who you'll feel.

Ok now that that brought back the cleansing tears...whew...I held my Moms hand whe she took her last breath too...
    I'll say thanx for letting me tell this story again, I never thought a forum could connect with people like it does....

Peace to you All ,
    JJ"

To be continued...

So as you can see I've still got unfinished business in Northeast Caaanada!
  17. GaryAK

GaryAK Easy Going

Oddometer:
    "First off...A big THANX to...

Jim - humbly, thanks, but the honor was mine. In our short time together, you and Alex were a cool breeze on many levels and the spark to getting my mindset from being a local rider to understanding, appreciating, and living on the road - for which Deb and I sincerely thank you both. You guys have no idea what a gift our cosmic convergence has been, and continues to be.

Yes - a yuk about us coming from different spectrums, but I was as jazzed as you that all other BS aside, we are in the same frequency. Very cool.

So sorry about your friend, Mr. T - and very glad you shared him with all of us. Rest in peace, Mr. T - Jim rushed to your side and stayed with you, he's a hell of a good guy and I only met him because of you.

Would be a distinct honor to cross paths with you and Alex again, Deb and I plan on being on the road this summer - so who knows? :thumb

Well done, Jim, and peace, brutha! :norton

Gary

Alaska Triangle Trip Video

Denali Hwy Video
  18. Sparky216

Sparky216 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    JettnJim,
    Hmm.....I'm a man of few words. Don't care to chime in just cause I can, or because I have a pithy statement. I feel that I need to tell you something though. I've had a hell of a week....financials, real estate, taxes, illness, death...etc. I don't dare try to quantify your gift with a word, but you have a gift my friend. I was able to take your ride report and escape, yet learn and gain some perspective. You helped me, without knowing me, and I just want to say thank you. Funny how simple words and experiences can heal and help gain perspective.

Thank-you.....and great report.

JJM
  19. rod1

rod1 Old Australian Bull

Oddometer:
    Jim, these are my sentiments...exactly. Always enjoy your reports and appreciate your work and time adding photos , music and videos. Dont forget to find me when you eventually get to Australia.Come and put up here while you establish your bearings on the other side of the world .Best Wishes, Rod
  20. D-Pow

D-Pow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anything with purtty girls in the title always gets lots of attention.