JettnJimsHighAvdenturTour:2011 Spills, Thrills & Purtty Giirlls!^)-

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jettn Jim, Mar 24, 2011.

1. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    love the thumb throtle
  2. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Helloooo Gary :freaky I'm super GLAD that Alex and I mighta inspired you and Deb to get a leetle further out there... And I'm SURE we shall meet again! :wink:

Sparky.... I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to this thread. And I'm hoping that this week is a HELL of ALOT better than last week was for you!!! :eek1 Man life can throw alot of crap at us all at once and wether we accept them as the truth and move on or take them personally is up to each of us to decide. Luckily we don't need much if we really boil it down... I hope and I'll pray that the passing on of this being, will be taken well and understood by all in your circle that they may have touched. And that everyone will be able to celebrate all the great times spent with them, celebrate the life lived! I'm very very thankful that my energy/words were able to (I'll quote you here) "Funny how simple words and experiences can heal and help gain perspective." heal and gain perspective. I'm just try'n to spread the truth as I remember it to be... going back into my childhood, before the dream of our culture overran my mind. I'm just glad to be outta the fog and to be able to see you standing there looking back at me, while we both look over our shoulders and say... "Damn man aren't we glad to be outta that mess!" :1drink
    So a huge Thank you to you for listening in and joining this ride,
    Peace my brother Jim

Hey Rod... I will deffinately look you up when I roll down under! Thanx for the offer much appreciated :bow
    Jim

Haha...:clap yup at least from me...

Yaa me too.. that Parepin is the king of keeping it simple! :freaky
  3. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Ok while we're on the topic of life and..... after life, I'll post this up.:cry

I was on the phone with Parepin/Alex the other night while I was try;n to finish up the R/R and told him I was posting up about Mr.T and we got to talking about MotoQuest tours in Anchorage where we hung out, and I ask about Jason Small, a REALLY COOL dude we hung with who moved from CO to the Chugachs to guide and was the mechanic for MotoQuest thrashing on KLRs and such.... just a short dude who I watched walk up to a KLR (no short bike) squat down and do a standing leap over it!! We had burned the Kind together, did some reflecting and shared stories... He also talked me out of using USD forks lol. I was an ol' pro Archer, Drag racer and Motoxer from back in the day and he was also a Pro Mxer among other things... he was also a Pro Mountain Boarder who did Snowboad guiding as well... any way we reeeally connected in that we both knew how PRECIOUS and SHORT life was so we were living it to the fullest...
    Here's a pic of Jason showing me a backrest he had made up fo a tour customer on a KLR...
    [​IMG]

Well as it turns out that Alex tells me that a yr after I met this AWESOME dude he's gone.... hit head on by a 15 passenger van near Seward :cry
    Gotta remind you all.... Death is THE best advisor! And it's chasing you every step of the way! SO get out choose a PATH that has HEART...LIVE while your in this bodily form!
    Remember..."Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

Here is some information about Jason and a cooool video he was a part of made a week or two before his death... Fly fast and Wild my Brother!!! Gonna miss you...

Pro Mountainboarder Jason Small Passes Away In Alaska

Categories: Featured, Media

Written By: J.J. Gittes Aka Evan Carlson

It saddens me to share the news that long time mountainboarder and friend Jason “Small Dog” Smalls passed Thursday evening in Seward, Alaska after being in a serious car wreck.
    Jason was always a really strong, and talented mountainboarder, and possibly the first to attempt and ride away a double back flip back in the 2006 US Open in Aspen. You will be missed by many Jason, rest in peace.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]World Mountainboard Day 2011 - Jason Lee - Gerald Paul New - Jason Smalls

Here's the last Video...he's the fun guy playing with the miniature Mtn Board...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zgHARL5sfdE" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Collision on Seward Highway kills 1 near Indian

Austin Baird | Aug 05, 2011
    <!-- /.section-date-author -->Alaska State Troopers reported a fatal 3-vehicle crash on Seward Highway Thursday afternoon that involved a passenger van that was near capacity and two other vehicles.
    Jason Small, a 39-year-old Girdwood resident, was killed in the accident, and several others were injured.
    A report from troopers states that the collision took place when a Ford passenger van driven by Anchorage resident Lewis Hayes, 72, crossed the center line near mile marker 104 and hit a Ford F-150 that was driven by Small head-on. The pickup, which carried no additional passengers, did not regain control and continued on until it struck a rock wall adjacent the highway. Small was entrapped in his vehicle, and he died at the scene.
    The van driven by Hayes continued in the southbound lane after hitting the F-150 and struck a Chevrolet Suburban driven by Dorota Balaban, 43, of Anchorage. The van and the Suburban were each carrying eight people.

Friends Remember Pro Mountainboarder Killed in Seward Highway Crash

<!-- Module ends: article-header--><!-- Module starts: article-byline (ArticleByline) -->August 05, 2011|by Abby Hancock<!-- Module ends: article-byline-->

Anchorage, Alaska &#8212; Friends of Jason Small say the avid snowboarder and professional mountainboarder will be greatly missed.
    Small died in a head-on crash on the Seward Highway on Thursday. Originally from Colorado, the mountains in Alaska are what drew him to the state, says Jason Lee, a long-time friend.
    Lee saw Small for the last time just weeks ago, when they spent the day riding the trails in Seward, along with fellow mountainboarder Gerald Paul New.
    Small's passion was well-documented through videos and pictures. In one video, Small says he first started skateboarding when he was five years old, and enjoyed any chance to ride any kind of board.

According to Lee, Small became a team rider for a mountainboarding company and traveled across the country doing demos, races, and promoting the sport. Both New and Lee call their friend a mountainboarding pioneer.
    "He was part of that first group that really grew mountainboarding and he was a really good snowboarder too," said New. "I always definitely enjoyed being around him. He was outgoing and very adventurous."
    "He was just friendly. It was easy for people to come up to him and say 'Hey, can I have your autograph?' and that was cool and he would just talk to anybody of course," said Lee.
    Small moved to Alaska in 2006 and worked for Chugach Powder Guides.
  4. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was really bummed out to hear this. Jason was a great guy, I had a blast hanging out and just bullshitting around. A bit rough around the edges, but that was part of his charm. Just another one of the boys. You will be missed.
  5. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Here's another reminder to be in the present... your time in this body is short.
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HffbME_B7JQ" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
    This was Mother Love Bone with Andrew Wood as the lead singer, after he left us.... members Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament formed what we now know as Pearl Jam.

And the ride continues... so as I said I decided that I had to go ahead and ride through this last corner of North America which had eluded me for the last 3yrs. When I had stopped in to visit Rick Mayer in Redding CA back in May, he had mentioned the big BMW Rally was gonna be in my town in July.... sooo I decided to stick around a couple weeks to check out the kinda folks it would draw, do some maintenance on Desiree', spoon on another set a tires and roll.

Northeast Pennsylvania is looking reeaaally good right now, so I ride around emersing myself in the moment...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Seems that all through our lives we seak the Truth... in a World of smoke and mirrors dominated by fear and anger it seems to allude us. At this point in human history it is easier to go to war than to share our Love for one another... we've evolved into these scared little people running around pointing fingers and guns at one another declaring that I/I'm/ we're right and you/your'e/they're wrong. When all along truth was staring us in the face... everytime we look at each other we see the truth...because we are truth. To quote Jesus "I am the Way the TRUTH and the Life."
    We are beings human interconnected with all life...and to connect with this reality seems miraculous and new... only because we've forgotten who we are... it's been pounded out of our heads. When we do remember we start to feel unconditional love toward EVERYONE... we go out of our way to help EVERYTHING... we always do our very best IMPECCABLE work, even if it's just sweeping the floor... we forgive and forget because we realize THEY/WE KNOW NOT WHAT WE/THEY DO.
    Only after waking back up from the dream do we start to realign ourselves with the Truth and put aside our unecessary neediness/power trip/rule the worldness and just let it all flow out, let the I am flow out... This is love.
    To quote E. Tolle "Laws, commandments, rules and regulations are necessary for those who are cut off from who they are, the Truth within. They prevent the worst excesses of the ego, and often they don't even do that."
    He's right... when your connected you simply would'nt act in any of those ways.. you become above the law.. not in an egotistical way, but because since those actions aren't within your way of being... they don't apply to you. "Thou shalt not kill"... no kidding... it's common sense or should I say today uncommon sense. Yet as wars rage on because we're right and your wrong we seem to have forgotten that.
    So as I surf make my way across the waves of time... I try to remind people that I meet along the way of who/what they really are... the Truth within, and it's a great feeling as we smile and you can feel the warmth of love well up betwen us. Not that I don't forget myself sometimes... it's been a long/short life listening to the unawake and I've gotta remember who I am at all times, gotta pay attention.
    One last quote from M. Ruiz "In the dream of the second attention, you begin to create your personal heaven on earth. You begin to put faith in agreements that support life, that add to your joy, to your happiness, to your freedom. But this is just one step of your evolution. There's much more than that. The moment is coming when you master awareness, which means you master TRUTH. And by the way, you also master transformation; you master love, intent or faith, because by that time, you believe in yourself.
    The result of this transformation is the creation of another reality that has the same frame as the first two dreams, but in this other reality you no longer believe what you used to believe. You no longer believe the lies that you learned; you don't even believe the words that you learned. You have no doubt about what you experience, about what you are."

Then I roll outta the farm land back into a town... Mocanoqua and see a line of Mopeds at a bar/resturaunt. U-TURN! I gotta check this out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I go inside and meet a table of folks having their inaugural Rally at a local campground...
    [​IMG]
    One of the girls gives me the shirt she was wearing as a token gift... they try to bring awareness to the scooter culture.
    [​IMG]
    Nice folks outta the Wilkes Barre/ Sranton area...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then it's back into the country...
    [​IMG]
    Mud pond... used to fish this for Crappie and Bass in the day....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lilly lake... and a Puurrty girl at the stern...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I realize I'm near my buddy Andy's soo I swing in to see him... he and Tim Horny are buffing his slow car... an 8second Willy's.
    [​IMG]
    aaand stumble into a BBQ rib dinner... WoooHooo!
    [​IMG]
    Then off into the Full moon night...
    [​IMG]

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o9C5fskMT00" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

A day or two later Parepin swings through from a ride down south. We take a rainy ride together up to Trout Run for food at the Steam Valley Resturaunt then spit ways till next year...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Starting to clear up wooohooo....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What a glorious day it's turning into...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Back in Bloomsburg I go to measure up a job and see this... a carpenter friend uses it around town...
    [​IMG]
    Then as the Rally people start to pour into town I take Desiree' up to a local bike night at the Lube, where I put a sign on the ground in front of her telling of some of our travels together... She's still all loaded up and looking sexxxy :wink:
    [​IMG]
    My buddy Jen check'n out some of the coooowell scoots...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then I sneak over to the Rally... it's only a block from my place.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's here that I find out there's a GS Giant track competition... this peaks my interest. But I also get a leetle too carried away with all the plans I have on the table and start to lose some self control.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I do some work on Des... gotta replace a sidecover gasket thats been weaping a bit...
    [​IMG]
    Things looking reeaally goood since the rebuild...
    [​IMG]
    Then new 606's and a 14/43 sprocket combo for the semi-trialsish like course at the Rally, adjusted the valves, played with the jetting etc... I stay up ALL night working on the bike and am pretty much spent come morning. I had kept the bike nearly fully loaded as to be in the heavy weight group and not pull to many snears from ther GS crowd, if I did as well as I suspected in the comp.
    At the meet up over at the infield there's a Dualsport ride down to Hermy's before the GS Giant track competition, so I decide to ride along with a group of maybe 30 hitting some familiar stuff and check out my competition. At 9a.m. it's already over 90deg and 90% humidity so I find out the start of the route and head over to the house to ditch the jacket in favour of an EMS compression jersey. It's now in a daze of no sleep that I misinterpret where the gang is going to jump on the ol' railroad bed a few miles away.
    I go re-suit up and head to the very start and wait... and wait... wait alittle more, then RALIZE shoot man they're jumping on a couple miles ahead of here.

I'll cut to the post I did back on page 9 now...
    <IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6NLIAVMDtu4" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

July 23, 2011...
    "Sorry for the delay folks I plan to get this thing caught up now that I'll be off the bike for a feeew weeks...:cry Was gonna ride the GS Giant trials competition on Saturday (and I really do think I coulda nearly cleaned it...I don't think many people were as intimate with their bikes at low obstacle speeds as I am right now after this 16 week ride and the terrain I've ridden + my gearing, balance and tire setup...buuut that's to be seen another year)
    As I was ripping down a railroad bed near here on 3hrs sleep at 75mph:eek1 (ya I know NOT too SMART!) :jerko I came into a 125yd section of whoops/washouts and about 50 yds from the end which was a blink at that speed "maaan your goin a little HOT for this kinda stuff and your fully loaded too!" about that time she kicks her ass out to the right then the left...I gas it but with the 14tooth and at that speed I can't keep the front end up...a lot more right then alot more left...SLAM! Full Interstate Hwy speed highside...Face plant into a roadbed that 100ton trains had been packing for a century..:puke1
    I get up quick kinda wobbly, week and nauseas ...Im happy to be able to even get up! I see my right cheek start to block my vision...huh Neck is SORE but I can't explain the black eye...I feel that my right hand/wrist is broken, left ankle foot is broken, and my back is feel'n broke too :cry SHIT man this hurts...
    I go turn off the petcock, I can't pick the bike up that's for sure... There are a couple BMW guys from the Rally coming up behind me, I'd given them some directions a bit ago (if theyd be sooo kind as to help a bit)
    I'll post pics and names as soon as I get it all ironed out...
    I walk around picking up pieces of my helmet, dash, and carbon fiber fairing while looking over the bank at my stuff strewn all over from the open pelican case that got ripped off the bike and thrown 45yds through the woods and down the bank! The trees lining the railroad kept Desiree' on the roadway (debarked 6-8 and broke 2-3) LUCKILY I landed in the middle outta the TREES!
    The guys ride up and I ask for some assistance gathering stuff since I can't go down the bank with my foot... I'm just kinda dragg'n my self around moaning, groaning and wheezing hard alot. So after gathering it all up #2 guy starts to put it all in his boxes aaand i say naaa I'll reattatch the pelican and load it back on my bike...it's gotta go back on her eventually...the case goes right back on (Man Pelicans are nearly BOMB PROOF!) and load the rest a the stuff....#1 ask if I think she'll run again and I hold her open and fire her right back up:wink:
    Theyre talk'n about riding me out 2-up on one a their bikes but I've got other plans... I wanna get the 8 miles to the Hospital and NOW...I say to #1 can you hold up against my back sooo I don't fall over?... (hey have you ever tried to swing a leg over a loaded KLR with a broken left ankle, back and right hand??? It AIN"T easy!) I needed ALL the help I could get...They both argue that I should 2-up with one of them, buuut I say "remember when you were young and dumb...you'd ALWAYS drive home from the party NO matter what!...well I'm older now and I'm not drunk...sooo let's go!"
    I'm feeling wheezy and week soo I go slow for a while to make sure I'm not gonna pass out from the head injury... then up to 50ish. They stay with me into town then I loose em cuz they don't know where the Hospital is...aaand I ain't wait'n long on the stoplights:deal
    I get there and luckily a 70+ yr old lady is parking next to me sooo I ask her if she'll please hold/push against my back so I don't fall over as I get off....I thank her ALOT and hold the doors as she also goes into the ER. The nurse ask how I got here...and I tell her I rode..ooh boy she's a bit concerned...
    #1 calls and asks if I made it I tell him yea THANX a million I'm here I'll contact you later too...THANX THANX THANX! (gotta call him again!!)
    The wife shows up and they start the CT scans and Xrays, Compression fractured vertibrae L2, L3, L4 Anterior and posterior, (I think from slamming on my head my body folded in both ways mostly curled inward knees to chest like crushing the vertibrae) bruised kidneys, 2 broken ribs, bruised liver and right lung, broken 4th metatarsal bone on back of right hand from smacking ground, Gamekeepers thumb (tendon/ligament damage from bending outward) a Concussion, vision affected, alotta neck and spinal whiplash, black eye and allota forehead bruising from the helmet, Left ankle leg foot is just sprained (I think some tendon/ligament damage...still very STIFF) Sore nuts :eek1 from freeballing it due to the 105degree heat, oooh and little road rash from my armor jersey sliding up my back.
    I've been worse aaand I'm VERY THANKFUL my body held up soo great!:clap
    Right before we leave the ER I ask for a pain shot cuz I can't hardly take a deep breath in this humidity, then as it kinda makes me light headed I ask my wife to help me put my gear back on...my's well wear it out right :wink: Then Ask her to follow me to the shop before I pass out from the Synthetic Morphine...:puke1 :muuttShe's NOT HAPPY AT ALL.:annie ..but I assure her I'm fine..(I can be pretty persuasive ya know ) :lol3
    'Ol Desiree' carries me another 1-1/4mi to the shop where I puke twice from the Pain meds (I don't like em!) and I go lay down on the couch for a while and puke two more times...until she goes back to work...:evil That's when I sneek back over to the Rally (it's a block from our house) puke two more times...to watch the Trials competition from 3 till 7 p.m. this is where I see that I had this in the bag LOL (dumbass if ya were'nt all broke up!) It was deffinately perfect for me and Desiree' the Sand obsticle I mastered in Idaho and the UP onle 2 weeks ago...the Mud in the Daks last week...the Rocks also on the whole ride and really in the Daks last week...basically I've been riding fully loaded in some knarly stuff off and on for 4 months...sooo anyway it killed me to watch and not be able to compete..but alas I am/was just thankful for still bein' able to walk around... and should be :bow Riding in a few weeks the Great Spirit and my Body willing:norton so Peace till I write up about leaving california in 2mro's RR :1drink
    Thanx for tuning in Jim"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the way sneaking to the Rally... the walking is Kiilllling me sooo I grab a trollie...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After Sherri got back home we went to the scene to get my coffee thermos outtaa the woods..
    The woops looking backward..
    [​IMG]
    A little deeper than ya think at speeeeed!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sherri builds me a Tiki at the "spot"...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then she drives me back to the couch for some rest....
    [​IMG]

Yup it sucked... ended up being reminded that speed is alright, hey I'm a fast paced kinda guy... buuuut ya gotta remain IN CONTROL!
    Guess I needed another wake up cuz that's what the universe did... I ended up laying a 14'x18' room of commercial carpet tiles the next Thursday.. in my Orthopedic surgeons day care no less LOL. And continued to work straight through till now 8 months later, almost back to 100% now.

Funny I'm sitt'n at the desk now with a paper from the University of Washington, asking me if I would like to participate in a study called " Life Improvement Following Traumatic Brain Injury" or the LIFT Study... They have just sent it to me after seeing that I had recieved care at St. Lukes in Spokane June '06
    HAHA yup I'm interested... but I would like to be able to teach those of you conducting the study a thing or two about healing as well :D
    My lesson to you would be that you can heal yourself, your body is an amazing thing! but ya GOTTA BELIEVE! This second time around I had no surgery, no casts, just a kidney belt for a back brace and a hand brace.. then some good accupuncture and Cranio Sacral work. Not that sometimes a little surgery may be neccesary but it almost ALL depends on YOU!
    Funny according to the Journal of the American Medical Association, after Heart disease and Cancer the third leading cause of death in the US is medical treatment!

Funny how this Ride Report started out as a trip to the surgeon to get some metal removed from the last bad accident (vehicle that I wasn't driving, but was foolish/stupid/drunk enough to climb into) I have healed up 100% from that one and it was SEVERE... again if you have Faith and Belief anything is possible.
    If I did it soo can you.

EDIT:
    Will be startin another RR later this month as I take off For Labrador, Nova Scotia and the points Northeast that STILL allude me... (really already started the "JJ's HAT 2012: Been there done That, now doin This" last month when I rode to Florida).... then I'll turn Desiree' West in mid May to ride around visiting you all at several Rally's through August, including...The 2012 Diamond Lake, Tech day and camp out, Wallowa Hells canyon rendezvous, Happy Trails 25th KLR anniversary, Moab,and West Fest in Colorado... if ya got any other Ideas or Rally's or wanna ride together/have a beer or just say high... shoot me a message.

Peace all my Brothers and Sisters... Thanx a million for joining me on this ride

Jettn Jim
  6. Gooch

Gooch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A trip through the mind and heart, JJ. You seem to have stumbled upon the pure line. I hope to join you there, one day.
  7. Erik500

Erik500 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wishing you very well, and keep treating us out here on your inspirational outlook on life, packed in great RR's.

Cheers,

Erik
    The Netherlands.
  8. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    WOW that's a wrap :eek1 what started out as a 6 week trip to the surgeon turned into... 4 months to the day I left and 17,000miles of epic views riding in spectacular places, fun, frolicking, flirting, mushroom hunting, 4wheeling, cattle branding etc..... aaaand reconnecting.
    Burned through 5-6 sets of tires, an engine, a few sets of brakes, a set of forks, a fairing, a side pannier, a tank pannier, a tool tube, a chain, a couple sprockets, aaaand somewhere around 500gallons of go juice.
    Also got to test out Aerostich's Studs in their real element, a few different style's of tires, some new riding gear, some different sprockets, double take mirrors, some new tools, different exhaust (LeoVince X3 from Happy Trails, that has actually LASTED 23,000mi and without a repack!), a new 705cc kit, met hundreds of BEAUTIFUL people, gave away alot more books... and learned alot more about everything.

First off I have to THANK SHERRI... for letting me... be me! This is the kindest most unselfish thing anyone has ever done for me or could do for anyone!!! And she's been doing it for what seems eternity.... You have my undying gratitude and love... even as I smell all the flowers your pettles are always foremost on my mind. :raabia
    [​IMG]
    Thank you great Spirit for flowing through me and helping me to whisper the Truth... :bow
    I wanna thank ADV for letting me use this space, :wave and all my sponsors for the great support and products that help make the Ride THAT MUCH better.
    Brittania Composites... Wind protection when I need it or fresh air when I don't, the adjustable shield is spectacular, great dash space for data devices, switches and plugs and lighting that is outta this world, I wouldn't wanna ride a mile with out it!
    Rick Mayer Seats... Thousand mile days forgetting you have a butt... it REALLY feels that Good! Or it doesn't... I forget...haha:)
    Carl's Cycle... The Magic smoke they put in Desiree's engine has made my ride so much funner that every time I twist the throttle and wheelie over anything, I wanna send a post card thanking them again... and again and again you get the point!
    Klim USA... I have used their snow gear the past 10yrs and during this RR... now using their Badlands Pro for the last 5,000mi since October... it's the BOMB. The best gear (for my style) I've worn in the last 117,000mi, now I have extra room on the bike since I leave my rain gear in the shop (Bone Dry). The quality, protection and features stand out more and more every mile!
    Trail Tech... I love the accurate information the Vapor gives me and the ability to fine tune Data for tire size, closely monitor engine temp, multiple odometers for fuel mileage and signal/warning light options I can choose. Awesome product... and it saves me some weight to boot!
    WARP9... The new front wheel is Bookoo tougher than the stocker, gives me multiple options on hub and rim color (looks better than the stocker too), and saved me over 2lbs off the nose!
    HEL USA Performance/Moto-Heaven... now on board: I just picked up a custom high quality and trick looking set of their HEL brake lines/fittings and Zeta levers... next is a custom rear sprocket in aluminum no less for some Trans-Lab testing!
    Highway Dirtbikes... Custom Billet clamps, Guards and switches... the perfect set up and protection for my Vapor as well as clean switch controls to eliminate the 25yr old style factory stuff on Desiree'.
    Double Take... Though our sponsorship deal is reversed LOL, I have to give a shout out to Ned for a BOMBPROOF pair of mirrors that doing the kind of miles I do, can really be appreciated! Wether it's looking out for Johnny law or checking for safe clearance after a pass I need to know what's back there, and the multiple options for where I want to put this mirror (tipped out at night soo no headlights in my face, folded out of the way in the tight stuff, or just how much and what part of the lane/lanes do I wanna monitor) make this the perfect mirror!
    Happy Trails... For all the great racks, mounting kits, skid plate, WOW tail light and all the other accesories (including the 23,000mi LeoVince slip on) they stock and ship me ASAP!
    Aerostich... THE #1 tank Panniers on the planet, lotsa storage options so I can reach down for kit without stopping the bike and (crash tested and HAT approved), studs that I can put in or take out on a whim, when I'm feeling a leeetle feeeearless... oooh boy, and other great accesories
    Wolfman.... The #1 Tank Bags on the planet, also lotsa storage options so I can reach down for kit, like swapping gloves or grabbing the camera without stopping the bike, also BONE DRY!
    MOTOPORT... I wouldn't be right to overlook the most protection I could get in a vented pant! They saved my butt on at least a half a dozen get offs from the high speed slides down the Dempster to the Railway get off at the end of the last ride. Never lost a Millimeter of skin or had a bruise!
    Soupy's Performance... Waay Cool Billet stuff for your scoot, lowering links, kits and adjustable side stands +more! I've got a nice Billet adjustable kick stand now that lets me change the bikes height depending on load and shock settings as well as saving me some weight!^)- Bling just comes with it naturally...:1drink
  9. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    THANKS JUM! thanks for taking me along on your ride...thanks for your insight...thanks for sharing MR. T.
  10. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Well done, my friend. You're truly one of a kind. That kind of attitude is not something that can be taught, although now that I've seen the light there is no going back.

Keep us posted next time you go out for milk and take the long way...

I hear nothing beats the west coast dairies...:ricky
  11. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    Well done Jim.
    Enjoyed every minute of your adventure.
    :clap :clap
  12. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thank you thank you.... my pleasure! Yeeaa buddy it's been gett'n better all the time, and I hope you do to... the sooner the betta. Then you can share it with more people before you move on.

Thank you Erik! I'll doo ma best and I plan to... and hopefully within a couple years I'll be rid'n through your neck a the woods. REALLY looking forward to your area... like the way you folks think. :thumb
    Cheers to you too,
    :freaky
    Jim

Your also very welcome brother... I hope ya have a GREAT summer riding with LOTSA miles and smiles!!! :ricky
    Peace to you,
    Jim

Thanx my Brotha! Just try'n to keep up with you and your Adventures :bmwrider :super Thanx also for the compliment... be tak'n a milk run in a couple weeks... aaand should run into you sometime in May or June? Let's team up and crash a couple Rally's... whatya say :bueller
  13. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx buddy! :bow Really glad to have ya follow me along the byways...
    And I enjoyed every minute of living it...
  14. Delilama

Delilama weestrommer

Oddometer:
    Jim.When are you heading up north?Still a little cool here in Vermont.
    When you go,give me a PM and we can hook up and do the back roads up North!!!!!!!:freaky:freaky:clap:clap
  15. FloorPoor

FloorPoor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to thank you for putting the time into making this EPIC! RR. I loved it! (am a little bummed that it's over though) I am looking forward to the next one.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!
  16. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Hope to hit the road by the end of the month>... I'll send ya a msg and hopefully we can meet up! :thumb

Your SUPER welcome Nathan! Hopefully we can get together for a ride in June or July during the next HAT adventure, hope to head west mid May. :pynd
  17. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fhBQbDH7O1E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Figured I'd add one last song to this Ride.... and dedicate this whole Report to friends who have moved on in the last couple years... still swirling around us, whispering to us if we'd listen close.
    Mom, Mr. and Mrs.T, Jason Smalls, Pappy Kile, Nathan Blylock, Kenny Rapp, Scott Eben, Todd and Michele Musselman, Judy Creasy, Rebel Reese, Doodles Stewart, Bob Mzaerkewicz, Leonard and WilmaTelesky, Victor and Ethel Johnson, Christine, Nancy lemons, Mike and Grammy Zowalski, Mrs. Michael Johnston, Paul White (my good buddy Jenny from earlier in the RR's Dad) JoAnne Kemmler, Randy Parker and all those loved ones who some of you have related to me in responses and PM's as losing recently whom I never met, but touched and enriched your lives.
  18. TheFryedaddy

TheFryedaddy Roadflogger

Oddometer:
    Amazing, simply amazing adventure. :super:super:super:clap:clap
  19. pigpen

pigpen Gone Riding

Oddometer:
    JettinJim,
    Looking forward to meeting you and sharing some spirit at the Hell's Canyon ride!
    Excellent ending to a great trip that never seems to end!
    Let's start a new one soon! More off road stuff for me!
    See ya in June!
  20. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thank you thank you....:freaky CAN'T tell ya HOW MUCH+++ FUN I'm having doin' this!
    Thanx for check'n it out Fdaddy:D

Hey pigpen...you mean The Hells Canyon Wallowa Valley Gathering at the Log cabin right...:1drink Cuz I know there's another Hells Canyon Rally too...
    Man I'm ready ta ride... just THRASHED from 10a.m. yesterday until 5a.m. this morning on Desire'e... WAY MORE Mods! :clap She's loooook'n gooooood, I think I've removed at least 5/8-3/4 of her in the last week and a half :eek1
    More DIRT YEA!!!:wink: