Johnson City TN - New to Area. Looking for DS or ADV riding

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Vico1, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone. Just moved to Johnson City Tn and looking for DS or ADV rides.
    I have a GS1200 and a DR650. Looking for riding buddies. I can ride anytime the weather allows.

Moved up from Florida and ready for mountain riding.

motocopter and Slambo like this.
  2. Slambo

Slambo B-52 RN

Oddometer:
    EC43405B-8633-42BD-81F3-6216A7C79A51.jpeg F9BCD89D-0722-4070-9AC7-7BDA7ED6FF3F.jpeg

Hey Vico,
    I moved up here too, from Navarre...we met briefly once at parking area near Blackwater state park...Red KLR...more PAR guys coming to East TN! I’m down between Greenville and Newport...retired...happy to ride anytime. Concours 14 and KLR...
  3. mac20

mac20 AVL OG

Oddometer:
    I live in JC as well, have a DRZ for dual sport and a Bonneville for street. Try to ride during the week and weekends when i have days off. Kris
  4. Vico1

Oddometer:
    Slambo,
    Sorry I don't remember meeting you but I meet a lot of folks with the PAR group. Great to know you are up here.
    I do want to get together. I have a flexible schedule and can ride when weather permits.

mac20,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Let me know sometime when the weather is somewhat clear and you want to ride.

Does anyone have GPS tracks of rides in the area.
    I've already mapped out several possibles from Google Earth.

Thanks again for the welcome.
  5. TNWillie

TNWillie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. I'd appreciate being added to your list of possible riding buddies. I've been riding around this area since '99 and have quite a few favorite routes of various lengths that I'd be happy to share. I split my riding between my '83 GS1100E and a 650 VStrom. PM me some time for contact info, etc.
  6. Vico1

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up and info.
    I will PM you with further info.
  7. stinkfinger

stinkfinger Chickenfat dirtbiker

Oddometer:
    Ohh man I loved my 83 gs1100e. So many memories(30 yrs ago)of that bike. It was my first seriously fast bike.
    Complete with wobbly front rotors and leaking cam cover gasket. Crashed it into a cornfield:muutt

got any pics of it?

Tony
  8. TNWillie

TNWillie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I guess I got hooked on the GS series back in '78 when a buddy rolled up to my place on his GS1000E, which, ironically, I wound up buying about 10 yrs later. Since then, I've had at least one of every model from the 550 to the 1150. Rode the length of Rte 66 on a GS1100G, in fact. Anyway, this 1100E is the nicest one I've ever had the pleasure to ride, let alone own. Definitely a keeper. :)
    GS1100E.jpg
    ndavis and peejman like this.
  9. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Make sure you visit Scratch pizza in JC. Best pie around.
  10. TNWillie

TNWillie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been there, done that. I prefer Greg's in JC if I'm having pizza out. Unfortunately, I've been spoiled as a result of the pizza thread on here which lead to my perfecting homemade pizza. In fact, I've pretty much spoiled my neighbors too. Now, they want mine or none at all.
  11. Vico1

Oddometer:
    IMG_0820.JPG Hey guys,
    Looks like the weekend will be tolerable if ya really want to ride.
    Weather permitting I will take my GS for a little local orientation ride.
    Saturday unless weather is unappealing and if that fails Sunday or even both.

Im open for just about anything.
  12. mac20

mac20 AVL OG

Oddometer:
    I may ride up to Fox Creek Leather on Tuesday, if the weather holds. From JC up 91 to Damascus, then 58 to Independence. All street, everyone is welcome to ride..
  13. TNWillie

TNWillie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got my bikes stored for the Winter in Rogersville, so any riding I'm fortunate to get in will be around that area. The temps we've been dealing with lately have me looking forward all the more to what's on the horizon. Low 60's early next week? Bring it on!!
  14. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would sprint out there for a trip to white rabbit tacos 20181127_191921.jpg
    mac20 likes this.
  15. TNWillie

TNWillie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Although I've never been there, as a result of you piquing my interest enough to do a search on Google, I think you're referring to White Duck Tacos.
    greasyfatman likes this.
  16. Retired and lovin it

Retired and lovin it Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My good buddy just moved to Limestone from Michigan just bought and home and will be in Greenville in a month he rides a GG 250 and is looking for riding friends he is a part of the Tennessee Dual Sport FB crowd name is Bill check with him if you see him on there, he isn't on this forum
  17. mac20

mac20 AVL OG

Oddometer:
    Greasy!! What up man...I talked to you around the fire at Notta. I live 1/2 mile from the White Duck Taco in JC, also have a place in Asheville. Anytime you want to come down to eat tacos and ride, you'll have a place to stay, just let me know.
  18. mac20

mac20 AVL OG

Oddometer:
    Pork Belly Tacos!?
  19. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent choice. Can you guess the other three I had.
  20. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Carful we will more than likely take you up on that. A lot of nice roads between Lebanon and JC, fun run on FZs, if she will behave. IMG953147.jpg