Jonz's baja route...

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by dustjunkie, Nov 6, 2007.

1. dustjunkie

dustjunkie Got Stick Meat?

Oddometer:
    Here you are Jonz...
  2. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Howdy gang,
    The road from south of the national park past Ramona's that is the most direct route to Valle de Trinidad is now closed. Posted but not gated. I don't ride past "road closed" signs so for me there may as well have been a gate. I took the road towards Ojos Negros/Ensenada and elected to keep on going down since rain was starting to come down.

A few days later after the race, I ran into the Lizard Lady (of BajaGPS) in San Felipe. She was riding up there looking for a route around the closure so there may be one.
  3. dustjunkie

Oddometer:
    Jonz,

I believe the route I gave you took you down the main road to Ojos, and for just that reason. I looked a bunch, and always found "a way" but not sure I would repeat any of them...

Jake
  4. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    (hijack) what software do i need to view these, i don't ahve whatever it takes (/hijack)
  5. dustjunkie

Oddometer:
    Just about any GPS software, or google earth...
  6. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    google earth, got it ty. please resume.
  7. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    That may have been the case. Of course, I didn't try getting routes from computer to gps until the night before. I can't load track logs into the 2610 (a street pilot) so i made the routes up in Mapsource. For some reason, they wouldn't load into the gps. So at the 11th hour, I did the routes as close as I could get them in the gps while looking at the computer through sleepy eyes.