1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Journey through Latin America - Swede conquering one country at a time - Gustaf N

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by HiPERnx, Feb 11, 2020.

1. HiPERnx

HiPERnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Ride safe!
  2. HiPERnx

HiPERnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think the Tiger 800 is objectively a better bike. Tried one once, love it! But i wouldn't drive it on a trip such as this. Can't even imagine how hard it must be to find spares or skilled mechanics.
    9w6vx likes this.
  3. HiPERnx

HiPERnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quarantine content
    Modifications: Lighting

I don't have a lot to do during quarantine, and to keep myself occupied I started with a series i call "modified". Talking about the modifications I've done to the bike and working with the video content i already have as the bike is in storage in Costa Rica and I'm in Mexico City, Mexico. I hope y'all enjoy!

This episode is talks about and reviews the LED lights on the V-Strom 650, Baja Designs Squadron Pro Adventure Bike Kit with combo beam.

The Baja Designs Squadron Pro has been a great addition to the V-Strom 650, one never plans on riding at night but it happens quiet often that we do end up riding at night while traveling on a motorcycle. In those situations I'm very happy to have the lights.
    I also talk about the cons of the Squadron Pro lights. I have no relation with Baja Designs and I'm not sponsored, i bought them with my own money for full retail price.
    9w6vx likes this.
  4. HiPERnx

HiPERnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quarantine content
    Modifications: Protection

In lack of things to do and wanting to work on my video editing skills i made another episode of the "modified" series about the modifications to the V-Strom 650.
    This episode is about the protection, crash bars, skid plate, handguards and radiator guard.

9w6vx likes this.
  5. HiPERnx

HiPERnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quarantine content
    Modifications: Suspension

I hear it time and time again that the V-Strom's suspension isn't good. I don't agree with that, but i have upgraded the suspension on the bike anyways. Mostly because of my size (2.06m/6'8" 145kg/320lbs).
    There's a little write-up earlier in the thread about it, but i made a small video talking about it.

Deleted405664 and Davidprej like this.
  6. Same bike as me. Good to see what works and what doesn't work so good. Stay safe.
  7. HiPERnx

HiPERnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Episode 10
    Trip updates and future plans. Hiking Hallandsleden, Sweden
    First of all, happy new year! Been a long time since i posted. Not much is happening due to the COVID situation. This is a short update on what's happening with me and the trip.

The plan is to continue with the trip in the future. But not in the coming year or two. The reason being that even if the borders open, it will not be as enjoyable as it was before.
    I'll import the bike to Sweden and register it in Sweden (instead of California, USA as it it now). In the meantime I'll continue traveling in my more direct area, around Sweden and Europe with both the bike and my 4x4.
    I'll keep uploading content on the channel and x-posting relevant content here. I wish you all the best!
    roadcapDen and 9w6vx like this.