Journey to the geographic centre of Western Australia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by JustinVV, Jun 12, 2021.

1. JustinVV

JustinVV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ride to the centre of remote western Australia

Some time ago I decided to travel to the geographic centre of Australia and back. I then decided to do it on my motorbike to make it more interesting. Why? No reason, just because it was there.

There are 2 vlogs of that trip. Part one out, and Part 2 back (via the goldfields).. This is part one. Part 2 I will post soon.

There is actually nothing at the centre, no roads, no plaque, just a small pile of rocks put there by a station hand some time ago. But the scenery, the people and just the openness are a good enough reason to travel out. I had a hoot of a time, and I am already planning the next point to get to, for no other reason than to get there..

I rode to Paynes Find, across to Sandstone, then the back roads to Wiluna. From here out to Glenayle station where I stayed a few days. This is the station the centre is located on. Then down to Carnegie Station. Stayed the night. From here back to Wiluna, then south through the back roads of the goldfields visiting Gwalia, Niagara dam, Davyhurst, Ora Banda, Rowles Lagoon, Credo Station to name a few places.

Hope you enjoy and get something out of them.. ride safe and see you on the next one.

Part 1

Richarde1605 likes this.
  2. JustinVV

JustinVV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ride from the centre of remote western Australia (Second part of the series)

Some time ago I decided to travel to the geographic centre of Australia and back. I then decided to do it on my motorbike to make it more interesting. Why? No reason, just because it was there.

There are 2 vlogs of that trip. Part one out, which was released earlier this morning, and Part 2 back (via the goldfields).. This is part 2 where I travel from the centre, through the goldfields and back to Perth eventually.

I visit some of the iconic and interesting sites around the goldfields.

Part 2