Juiced HyperScorpion Electric moped

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by djroszina, Oct 25, 2019.

1. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    where does discussion on this belong? Electric motorcycles or electric bicycles?
  2. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure, but I like it!
  3. wheresbaoskee

wheresbaoskee Perpendicular to Everything

Oddometer:
    Yup. They've got the right idea from a "utility with a touch of nostalgia" perspective. I like it, even if I might be too tall for it. :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've seen a few of their earlier bikes zipping around; haven't heard much about them otherwise though.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  4. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks a bit like the old Madass, but it had a 49cc or 125cc gas engine.
  5. liberpolly

liberpolly Nu, shoyn, nudnick!

Oddometer:
    750W is not enough to move on its own, the seat is too low to effectively pedal, I think it will flop.
  6. SteveAZ

SteveAZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    750w is plenty enough to go moped speeds (28mph here) on level ground without a headwind - I can do it on less

I don't think the target market is interested in pedaling

It prolly won't be a good hill climber at all though since it will need to be setup to go moped speeds

For how most people use mopeds it's likely fine - Personally, I have zero use for a moped but I know people that it might be appropriate for, they just want to get around locally on the flat streets we have here and just want to sit and ride, not pedal.

When I loan one of my ebikes to friends and it's easy to tell which ones want to pedal and which just want to sit and ride - sadly enough (at least in my mind) most fall into the latter and they don't understand why I always pedal - I think some of them pedal but only when they think I'm looking :lol2
  7. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Yeah, sure, that's quite limited use case.
  8. OwenmG

OwenmG SpeedMo'

Oddometer:
    I own a Juiced bike but it's a Hyperfat 1100. A nice complement to my old 02' 1150GS on my winter trips into warmer latitudes. I own one of the very first 1100's and have a bit over 1200 miles on it, and I love it. Not too sure about the new Scorpion, but my buddy owns a HyperScrambler and he has a pretty good Time on it. All in all, I'm impressed with the company.
    PullingG's and "None" like this.
  9. "None"

"None" Make it so.

Oddometer:
    I think the limited case is more specific in the terrains of Seattle, which is minority in comparison to the most parts of urban electric bike usage terrains.
  10. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    And San Francisco. LA is too big for a good use case of an electric bike. NYC?