June lake area ADV friendly trails?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by BraaapTheCasbah, Aug 2, 2018.

1. BraaapTheCasbah

BraaapTheCasbah n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone,

A few of us are headed to June lake at the end of August to ride some trails. We're gonna have an ADV bike with us, so can't do anything too technical or sandy. Thinking stuff like fire roads and easy forest roads.

I'm thinking we do Lookout Loop one day. I hear it's easy and not too sandy. Is that the case?

The trails in question are our second day riding. From June lake loop after you pass Grant lake going north, there's Parker lake road that you can take west to hit sawmill canyon road and head towards Walker lake. If you keep going north you hit 1n106 that wraps around Williams Butte and hits horse meadow road. From there the road goes north east and it's hard to tell if there's a trail that leads to the 120 tioga pass near lower Lee Vining campground or if we have to ride to the 395 and catch it near whoa Nellie Deli. It looks like they'd be easy roads/trails.

In addition to that we want to ride up log cabin mine road loop, which is just on the other side of the 120 where we're trying to pop out at from June lake.

I have an ohv map for the area so that helps, but if anybody has any insight into the difficulty of these trails or have some suggestions of where else to ride in the June lake area, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Levon