1. eNewsletter Sign Up

JVB Productions, finally has a download of ALL Videos.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JimVonBaden, Jan 9, 2019.

1. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, after years of searching with my feeble google skills, and the help of inmates here, I have finally found a way to offer a downloadable version of my Wethead Video.

Link to download and DVD sales: http://www.jvbproductions.com/DVD_Info_Sales.html

[​IMG]

This video covers all of the following bikes, and is designed to allow you to complete all the requirements for maintaining your bike to BMW specifications. It is designed for the BMW R1200 series Wethead (Liquid Cooled) 2013 and newer motorcycles* though it is centered around the R1200GS since that is what I had available for filming.

*Covered Motorcycle(s):

· 2013 to present R1200GS
    · 2014 to present R1200GS/GSA/RT/R**
    · 2015 to present R1200RS**
    · 2017 to present R1200GSw Rallye

Note: I will be adding a tutorial on removing the body panels on the R1200 R and RS “Wetheads” to the Updates section in the future as new models become available.

**The R1200R and R1200RS have conventional forks which is not covered in this video. All other service items are the same. I will make YouTube videos to cover these as the bikes become available to me.

This video covers all of the following categories:

1. Oil change, engine, with filter
    2. Oil change, rear wheel drive
    3. Checking valve clearance
    4. Changing brake fluid, front/rear brakes
    5. Replace air filter cartridge
    6. Misc Checks:

·Checking front brake pads and brake discs for wear
    ·Checking rear brake pads and brake disc for wear
    ·Visual inspection of hydraulic clutch system
    ·Checking spoke tension, adjusting if necessary
    7. Diagnostics Checks

·Setting service-due date and service countdown distance
    8. Bonus: Brake Pad Change front and rear

I have included the necessary tools, supplies and torque specifications to complete all the listed services. I have also added many helpful tips and notes to make this as simple as possible.

A typical 6K service will run you around $300-350, depending on location. The brake bleed alone can run as high as $200.

What I did not include, since I felt they were self-explanatory, was how to check your oil, tires and lights.

The Video should assist those of you on the fence in deciding you CAN do these expensive services yourself, and save money for those all-important farkles, and gas for riding! It is also an excellent resource for those looking to see what the dealer does during a typical service.

The Videos are available for $40. (Note, the price difference just covers the cost of the download service versus DVD) Price varies by DVD or Video.
  2. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Now that I have a dozen sales, I can confirm that this is downloadable nearly anywhere, and on any computer or tablet.

Thanks for the push needed to get this done!
  3. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jim,
    Dumb question from a computer challenged curmudgeon. Does the $40 downloaded option give me a password to allow me to download the videos to multiple options such as my desktop, iPad, iPhone or is it a "one shot" deal?
    I like the option of being able to view the videos on my iPad or desktop at work during lunch before attempting the actual job that evening in the garage.
    Thanks,
    Eddy
  4. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Hi Eddy,

It comes with a download code to give you multiple downloads. 15 days initial, 30 days total. If you need to redownload it, just contact me and I can send you a new code. This limits unauthorized downloads.

Thanks,
    Eddy Alvarez likes this.
  5. gsig

gsig n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Jim, I've aleady got a copy of your 1200 vids. They're brilliant thanks and really useful. What are you plans for similar vids for aspects of the 1250 that are different? Garry
  6. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Hi Gary,

I am still searching for a factory manual for the R1250. I have a volunteer for filming, but need the manual first. Once I have it I will see if I need to do a whole new video, or just an addendum for the valves, as may be the case.

For all the current videos, I will be offering them as a download in the near future, and my current stock of DVDs and USBs will either go on sale discounted, or just be tossed.

Thanks,
    reg26 likes this.
  7. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Now, all videos available via download or DVD, or USB for the Wethead. :clap
  8. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Bump for the coming fall!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  9. apexal

apexal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jim, would you consider making a video for the F850GS?
  10. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    I am considering it. It would have to be for the twin, and it would have to be generic to the mechanical side of it while still covering the required services. F650 to F850.
    apexal likes this.
  11. gsig

gsig n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Jim, can't believe this exchange was over a year a go. Not sure where that year went!

Just wondering where you are in getting hold of a 1250 manual and your thinking on additional vids for maintenance work on the 1250 that's different to the 1200. Thanks, Garry.
  12. JimVonBaden

Oddometer: