Kactus Kwest- Kingman AZ - April 13-15, 2018 Rugged and Remote Riding in Stunning Scenic Arizona

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Mission Rider, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Mission Rider

Mission Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Kactus Kwest is the newest addition to the Rods N' Rides family where we raise money for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. The Kactus Kwest is remote and rugged riding in spectacular scenic Arizona. With registration, you'll get a t-shirt with a full color logo, food at the riders meeting, and then food again at the awards breakfast. Plus, your choice of routes from big bike friendly down to gnarly dirt.

Registration closes on 3/23 or when all slots are full.
    ($40 for the Kactus Kwest. Camping can be available or group rate rooms at the Quality Inn in Kingman)

The Schedule is:
    Check In opens at 2:30 pm Friday 4/13 at Mother Road Harley Davidson in Kingman, AZ. Dinner is at 6:00pm.
    The ride launches from Mother Road again on Saturday 4/14 at 6:00 am. Return check-in will be later in the afternoon/evening where you'll bring digital photos to show you made it to various point on the route.
    The awards breakfast is at 7:00am on Sunday, 4/15 where all who complete the requirements will receive a certificate. There will be a brief presentation about why we do what we do, and we'll give out some door prizes.

We also have Dommy's Toy Box where we gather Lego men to distribute to hospitalized children. You can bring or send your Lego man.

And of course, we have our original ride, the Kactus Kilo - 1,000 miles in 24 hours.

Please go to bit.ly/rnrevents to see more and register or here to help out by scooping up one of our fundraising Ts.
    [​IMG]
    dougc and ywr969 like this.
  2. dougc

dougc I still didn't do it!

Oddometer:
    OK, worked it out, stuffed into one sock, tentatively in....registered and paid just now.

We'll stuff the 690 on the pu and drive an ironbutt ss to and from. It will take Linda the weekend to recover for the trip home.
    ywr969 likes this.
  3. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    in. :ricky
    dougc likes this.
  4. Mission Rider

Mission Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey folks,

Registration was supposed to close this last Friday. But guess what happened. It stayed open.

Here's the deal: The registration date is driven by the shirt vendor. We have a new shirt vendor. So, we've been ironing out a few details. As soon as we have those ironed out (today, tomorrow, ?) registration will indeed close.

So, if you have someone that didn't get their registration in, now is the time!
    ywr969 likes this.
  5. mkitchen

mkitchen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just saw this and it sounds like fun but I have a commitment on that weekend. Hope your event goes well.
    Mikey
  6. dougc

Oddometer:
    This event is 10 days away and I'm excited and over ready for an extended weekend. I have a new rear tire to mount this weekend and may change the front as well, haven't decided yet.

Just had the truck serviced and replaced the rear slave cylinder which blew yesterday soaking the brakes, also replaced.

Linda and I will be leaving asap next Wednesday morning and should arrive by Thursday evening. Taking a route less traveled for much of the drive south.

MR or YWR, how many folks riding the Kwest? Will gps tracks or roll charts be available? Will Kwest riders have the opportunity to pair up or form small groups. I rarely ride alone anymore and would prefer to pair up with a like minded participant.
  7. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    copy that, brother.

i'm game, but i'm on a 2-fiddy, so you'll be way ahead on the paved sections...
    the route is coming your way, post haste ...
    dougc likes this.
  8. squish

squish Out of the office.

Oddometer:
    I wish I could be there, I hope you have a great event!
  9. dougc

Oddometer:
    No sign of any routing...?
  10. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    waiting for approval from @Mission Rider
  11. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    you have email.
  12. dougc

Oddometer:
    Puck! Sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow. Lost oil pressure suddenly and truck engine went bang.

This trip just went bad for me so i have to beg off.

Hell of a birthday, eh?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  13. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    buggah. :muutt

happy b-day, ya olde git...

what are you, 39? again???? :lol3
  14. Mission Rider

Mission Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Dog gone it Doug, what a shame. Hope you can find a happy birthday in there someplace!
  15. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    great event, @Mission Rider ! awesome route, beautiful scenery. i plan to return next year for more abuse. :thumbup
  16. dougc

Oddometer:
    Well, short of transmission and rear end the truck will be brand new within the last two years. Local mechanic is looking for a remanned long block now.
    I'll probably try again to make it as well.

Truck was towed to shop yesterday. Replacing my 5.2L with a 5.9L long block, new waterpump, and starter. 7 year/100,000 mile warranty should get me to Kingman next year.
    ywr969 likes this.
  17. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    What was the road route?
  18. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    Anyone have pics? I've ridden nothing out there by Kingman.
  19. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cyberdos likes this.