1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Kap2Cap - Hard Times in Guinea

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Lolo Prod, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Lolo Prod

Lolo Prod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Épisode 3

Episode 2

In last january, with my friend Amaury, we started from North Cape (Norway) to reach Capetown (South Africa) in only two months with the new Yamaha Ténéré 700. Our target was also to raise funds for the french ONG Mécénat Chirugie Cardiaque operating kids suffering from heart disease ! And to meet in Africa kids having been operated and having now a normal Life.
    No backup vehicule, no tv crew, only two guys on bikes filming their adventure in 9 episodes with english subs !
    Hope you will like it !
  2. I went to Morrocco in Jan/Feb and I thought it was very cold, beautiful video. You have a lot of equipment but as you are traveling through many climates I can understand. My friend travelled down to Mauritania but I did not. Merci.
    xpaythegosu likes this.
  3. Fredicchino

Fredicchino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lolo is in the place, brilliant ! You're a legend in France :lol3, and I hope your videos will meet their audience here too.
    You first watch those videos for the motorcycles road trip, but then you quickly forget the bikes and just watch for the adventure and human qualities of you 2, THE adventure...

Your biking stories are always completely inspiring, deeply moving with all the humanity and empathy you have for others cultures. This series with Amaury is absolutely brilliant, thanks a lot Lolo, and I hope you'll be back soon on the road.

Cheers ! :1drink
    oldbeer likes this.
  4. Saso

Saso Happily sporting the DRD4 gene Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a journey, Laurent! I kept wanting to feed on Ibuprofen just watching all the times you had to pick up those Tenere 700s the further you traveled in Africa... :bow Lost the English subtitles at episode 6 but no matter, my French was good enough after five episodes :freaky
  5. Lolo Prod

Lolo Prod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thx. Subtitles for final episodes are on the way :-)
  6. Lolo Prod

Lolo Prod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks so much :-) of course, other projets are on the way :-)
  7. Lolo Prod

Lolo Prod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the most heavy part of our equipment is video stuff :-(
  8. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    I just started watching, in part 2 now. I’m taking my time as to fully enjoy your adventures. The footage is really epic, and I very much like your easy going relaxed attitude.

thank you very much for putting together these videos and sharing them!
  9. Lolo Prod

Lolo Prod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks so much
    yokesman likes this.
  10. Dumphead

Dumphead Errand boy (sent by grocery clerks) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wonderful. How do you maintain such a good attitude even while mired in a mud bog for hours and hours? It's also interesting to this North American that there were corona virus checkpoints at African national borders in February.

Enjoying every minute of this, Lolo!
  11. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    very well done and big thanks for posting your vids here.

true Africa indeed.....:clap
  12. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Epic and hilarious at the same time. Adventure with real people except funnier and more stoic. Amaury has a lot of patience. Great videos. Have only watched episode 2 so have lots to look forward to.

Thanks so much.
  13. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    I just finished all videos. What a trip! You guys certainly rode some challenging tracks…
    The encounters with the local people in the small villages were really special. Too bad Covid messed up the final stretch.

btw I just realized we actually met a few years ago. Paris Dunkerque 2016. I recognized my mug a few times in the videos you made about that trip. Excellent memories…
  14. Motoman66

Motoman66 Green Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi Lolo, c' est Ki ki traduit ? Good idea to post your Kap to Cap on this forum. Just came back from US Road trip so I will have to catch up with your Iceland Adv too. You and Amaury are the Ewan and Charley with a French Touch of Humour :clap:rofl:rofl:rofl
    Cheers
    Manu