Kappa Tank Bags

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by duncanmac, Sep 17, 2019.

1. duncanmac

duncanmac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wanting a tank bag for my 2019 F850GSA and, in particular, one that clips onto a mount. Convenience factor.

The SW Motech brand is well regarded but is pricey.

Givi looks a good option but I read the flange is rather much larger than SW Motech and is aesthetically displeasing without the bag mounted.

Further research brings me Kappa. Never heard of them before now. However, features and price are right but what is missing is that feedback from those who have used the brand. Would love to hear from you.
  2. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
    Kappa is Givi's brand, at a cheaper pricepoint.
    I have a Kappa topbox, happy with it.
  3. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a Kappa magnetic tank bag on my Himalayan.
    I wanted a medium sized bag which expanded if required and didn't find much choice at the medium price point.
    Quality is OK , nothing special but OK considering the price.
    Bought it from Chromeburner, good prices, particularly on Schuberth helmets, and good service.
  4. BowtieNut

BowtieNut Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a small Kappa tanklock tank bag that I use on my FZ-09. I think it was RA309 maybe? Seems like a good product to me, and the tanklock system works very well without being too ugly. The bag came with a safety strap too but I cut it off because I thought it seemed plenty secure with just the flange lock thing and the strap was just an unnecessary pain. I don't really use it anymore just because I kinda prefer a tail bag over a tank bag, but if I was to ever buy another tank bag I would definitely look at Kappa first.