Kartman´s 660 LC4 Rally Replica

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by *kartman*, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Blazz

Blazz Stationary Traveller

Oddometer:
    Sounds Cool :)

Looking forward to hear your impressions once you drop it into the frame and ride;)
    Never mind aviation fuel and peak power (not sure it will go past 80hp- but surely it will have some serious output :pynd probably factory guys needed this for looong/straight/sandy streches)

Apart from this it’s possible you’ll find some low rev torque you were looking for eh?

good luck :thumb
    *kartman* likes this.
  2. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    Oh man, just came back home from an unplanned spontaneous shopping tour :raabia
    The situation in my workshop is starting to get out of hand again :jack

IMG_9913.JPG
  3. Blazz

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Have to admit- You are a shopping addict :lol3

This one looks well maintained :thumb
    But my question is how is the purple oldie doing, still have it? Managed to sort out the idling?
  4. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    It´s actually first hand, just needs a minor refresh after sitting for a few years and will be good to go then.

The idling issue on the purple 620 "Lila Kuh" got better after various checks (carb, valves, ignition, air leaks...) but never got perfectly smooth. Still good enough to sell it to an austrian collector though...
  5. Blazz

Oddometer:
    Yeah - the „Purple Cow” :dllama: Nice one she was ;)

Though for a while You’ll be the collector of them oldies ;)

When You compare early nighties design of the rally bike vs 2001+ 660ties I got a feeling that earlier bikes had more agile design even with surely higher center of gravity. Maybe the higher rear tanks gives that impression- that the history turned circle when You look at very old and modern design.

I think I always had a soft spot for them vintage ones ;)

[​IMG]
    KEELAYMONSTER and kartman like this.
  6. gen

gen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your dedication to the 660 Rally platform is just amazing. Impressive!
  7. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    In the meantime I even could lay my hands on a brand new custom made SR Racing exhaust system.

Within the next weeks I´m going to prepare the bike to participate in the HardAlpiTour this year.
    Oil change, new chain and sprockets, new tyres, wheel bearings, headlights and so on...

Most likely I´ll neither have enough spare time to finish the blue paintjob nor fit the factory spec engine.
    It´s a pity I don´t have that much time any more, is it just me or are others facing the same issue ?
    KEELAYMONSTER likes this.
  8. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    Just got her painted RAL orange quick and dirty to be at least a bit presentable at the HardAlpiTour ^^

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG
    Jorugburn, KEELAYMONSTER and LocuL like this.
  9. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    HardAlpiTour preparation making progress !

On Saturday I assembled her and put on a few leftover stickers. I ordered a new radiator fan and installed a new Mecasystems cockpit panel. At the weekend she will get a second ICO with new batteries. I will probably drive the HAT with a silver set of wheels - since the rear wheel still needs a new Michelin desert I will try the new motorcycle mounting claws I just ordered for my car tire changer ...

Otherwise she became a new battery, oil change, valve clearances checked, front wheel bearings, chain / sprocket kit, air filter, long clutch lever, brake fluid, fuel hoses and quick connector seals. The floodlights incl. LED low beam on the fender are also already installed, but I still have to replace the speedometer cable + spiral hose at the fork and test the light alignment. Oh and fairing indicators should be in the post right now, so still a bit of work left for the upcoming weekend.

rr.jpg
  10. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    So the Hardalpi-bike should be ready now, one week left to go. As mentioned I swapped to the silver rims and mounted a new rear Michelin Desert. Also rearranging and checking my tool-roll, I need to replace a few bits like hardened sealant ... It will find it´s place in a Kriega drybag on the rear fender as used to. First-Aid kit and other stuff will be attached to the nav tower and a bag of nuts and screws is under the seat.

3.jpg

2.jpg

In the meantime the sister bike is getting pretty with the new shoes - but it won´t be for too long as I will swap them back again as soon as I get the all blue GO!!!!!!! style again. She is for sale by the way:

1.jpg
    KEELAYMONSTER likes this.
  11. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    Hey folks, I somehow lost pleasure in riding the bikes. Still don´t know why, maybe the time has just come. In early october I´ll drive my next event on the Nurburgring Nordschleife with my BMW E46 M3, so maybe there´s just a reorientation of interests going on. I anyway decided to sell a majority (if not all) of my LC4 (Rally) bikes and parts. So if anyone needs something just let me know, I´ll ship worldwide.

Available are both 2003 660 bikes, a 693ccm engine with 10h on the clock and a lot of new and used spares for them:
    -new 105mm cylinder, piston, head, Pankl conrod
    -new OEM Rally exhaust system
    -new gearbox, clutch basket, Scotts steering damper
    -new wiring harness, radiator right, side stand
    -new rear rally suspension
    -new custom made SR Racing exhaust system
    -used Touratech ERTF carrierer, Sentinel Beeper, Iritrack antennas
    and a lot of other also stock LC4-relevant used chasses and engine parts...
    Just drop me a PM if you are interested or looking for something

I´m not going to quit motorcycling at all and will still have a 990 Adventure for the moment.
    Maybe I´ll not be able to sell both of the 660´s, we will see, maybe it´s also just time for a 450 in the future...