Kavemans Backroads Dual Sport Adventure Ride 2021June 26/27 (IL)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Kaveman, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kavemans Backroads Dual Sport Adventure Ride 2021 date is set. June 26/27 21 in Oblong IL. South/Eastern IL. I plan on the last weekend in June to be the standard date for this ride in the future.

The 5th Kavemans Backroads Dual Sport Adventure Ride is well into the planning stages.
    This will be a Dual Sport Adventure ride, RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK, whenever you want, find your own way, provide your own stuff, no costs, with absolutely no organization.

Like the years past, the beginning and end of each day will be at the Oblong City park.
    I will post more info about the ride as I get time and will have details for the GPS tracks and Knobby sections.

We will have lots of gravel roads with optional Knobby sections. Saturday and Sunday will be at or close to 200 miles with the furthest between gas stations at around 70 miles. All the main GPS tracks will be big bike friendly. I will also have a shorter track for the folks that get there early Friday or want to do it so they can leave at a decent time Sunday.

There will be a GPS/GPX file posted for you to download and follow around a month or so before the ride date. If you don't have a GPS there are smart phone apps you can use like Rever or MotionX that work very well. I don't use these but I know people that do and it works. If it is dusty riding follow the leader with more than 3 or 4 people could be miserable. I would suggest getting familiar with a GPS or one of these apps to make sure your ride is the best it can be.

Here is Camping and Hotel info.
    Oblong City Park camping,
    This is where the tracks Start/End on each day. First come first serve on electric/water hookups. There are a dozen or so electrical/water hookup sights. Open tent camping is available with plenty of room and several shaded spots.
    Cabins,
    Kibbie cabins are about 8 miles North of Oblong. They have a few very nice cabins in a very rural setting on a good ole gravel road. (618) 562-6790 [​IMG]
    Hotels,
    The closest hotels are in Robinson about 8 miles East of Oblong on Rt 33.
    Country view inn and suites (618) 544-4222 [​IMG]
    Best Western inn (618) 544-8448 [​IMG]
    Joe Dawn Motel (618) 546-1353 [​IMG]
    Arvin Motel (618) 544-2143 [​IMG]

Resturaunts. One of my favorite things to do besides ride motorcycles is eat. Here are some suggestions around Oblong etc.

Oblong.
    Floyd’s Place/Mildreds Dining Room
    Pizza and More
    Highway Cafe

Stoy. (between Oblong and Robinson)
    Midway Dine In. My personal favorite!

New Hebron.
    The Hitchin Post Restaurant

Robinson.
    Back Porch Smokehouse
    Monicals Pizza
    JB,s Steakhouse
    Joes Restaurant
    Gabriel’s Family Dining
    Tuscany Grill

several chain restaurants also

Here are the Tracks and Waypoints.

I have a thread in the GPS Tracks Central forum.

I have tracks for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I also have a Flood track so if it rains a lot and floods the creeks it should still be ridable. I put separate files on this thread for all the Tracks, Knobby sections and Waypoints.

Both Saturday and Sunday are around 200 miles depending on if you ride all the Knobby sections.
    The Friday and Flood tracks are both around 100 miles.

The furthest between gas stops on any of the tracks is around 60 miles.

Kavemans Backroads Ride 2021 Tracks and Waypoints | Adventure Rider (advrider.com)

Attached Files:

2. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    DE80DAD5-E033-4683-8A84-2EF699B9B71D.jpeg
    PlowHand and Old 179 like this.
  3. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So which of those days will that particular sign apply??? Asking for a friend!

Note to self, bring a rain gauge that can measure above five inches this time.

Old 179

Edit: First!
  4. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    I wish I knew:-)
  5. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:
    On the calendar.
    I love this ride!
    :clap
    Gillihan and Kaveman like this.
  6. 306dad

306dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In
    Kaveman likes this.
  7. osbo

osbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning on attending , need to finally buy a GPS, This area will be new to me.
    Kaveman likes this.
  8. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Planning to attend...
    306dad, Kaveman and (Pee Wee) like this.
  9. (Pee Wee)

(Pee Wee) Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In.
    Gillihan, 306dad and Kaveman like this.
  10. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless my nephew and his fiancee breaks their engagement, I will be a no show. :(
  11. 306dad

306dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know I guy, that for $20 bucks and gas money,,,,, could help clear your calendar of any inconvenience . Just saying
    EBR458, mickdee, Old 179 and 2 others like this.
  12. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    That’s a Bummer. You know I will still ride the tracks with you sometime though.
    Old 179 likes this.
  13. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are good kids (mid 20's), but I won't rule out "your guy" some other time! :lol3

Will do! I'm no stranger to your area outside of the official weekend. Heck, we even had the K-Mans monsoon rain treatment on one of the rides we had over there last year. :rofl
    (Pee Wee), Kaveman and 306dad like this.
  14. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    I was in touch with the Oblong Chamber of Commerce a few days ago and we are aligned to be the same weekend as the Hootenanny again. Hopefully it works out better this year. There plan is to have activities Saturday with food venders, beer tent, fireworks etc.
    PlowHand, Old 179, mr_10brook and 2 others like this.
  15. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Asking for a friend. That person was wondering if you have been in contact with that "special force" that causes those floods on your past rides???
    toypro1 and (Pee Wee) like this.
  16. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    I’ll see what I can do. F98EA5F6-0A0B-4F54-A43D-AE7BE52B0072.jpeg
    toypro1 likes this.
  17. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    I have hardly gotten to ride at all this year. I have only ridden one day and that was the FooFest tracks.
    Luckily, I have had a few different tracks built that I mostly rode last year that I was considering for the 2021 ride. I have definitely decided on one. This track will be the Saturday track, it is 200 miles +/- of lots of gravel and go further in a certain direction than I ever have by far. I have ridden this area a few times and have found something new every time. It should be good. I am planning to ride this one Friday to see how it works
    I haven't completely decided on the other main track yet for Sunday but it will be in a more familiar area with lots of cool stuff. It will also be around 200 miles.
    There will be a shorter track like last year too for Friday or Sunday. 93111AE7-AD56-4CFB-A281-EF1BFB670E5C.jpeg BDF34745-5774-4400-A9D7-664EEBB533A6.jpeg
  18. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    Had a good ride today. I have some changes to make and ride it again soon hopefully. We do not cross this bridge. I would not walk across it. It looks like there is nothing but mud on the other side anyway.
    798C33A4-C5DB-4683-AF6B-6A8747B306B0.jpeg F1790D40-8909-4C19-AA7A-65AD26D41076.jpeg
  19. toypro1

toypro1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good pictures. I am looking forward to seeing the gpx files for this year
    (Pee Wee) and Kaveman like this.
  20. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    I got this years ride sticker in the mail today. I designed the image and Birch Graphics in Salem IL printed them.
    10087991-1EC2-4D2C-850F-927D8ED50EB1.jpeg