Kawasaki Versys-X 300

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by shyam334, Nov 8, 2016.

1. polishadam82

polishadam82 black sheep

Oddometer:
    I'm wondering if exhaust a slip on to be more exact out of ninja 300 would work on baby versys
  2. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    I am putting "SOMETHING" on my V300 when I get it. I am also going to contact renazco to noodle up a nice suede seat for the bike too. This is the "IT" bike for me. The perfect ride. Once I get everything on it, and get some stuff powdercoated. Then it's gas/oil, and KMS!
  3. polishadam82

polishadam82 black sheep

Oddometer:
    I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might have to copy your idea if you don't mind, Also I like the handlebars!!!!!
  4. adsinger

adsinger Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer:
    Well I just heard from Revzilla. Their Akro supplier is Parts Unlimited. PU inventory showed two in stock, but when picked there was just one left, apparently the last VX300 Akro in the US. So I am getting mine, my buddy, and others, will need to wait until the end of July for the next shipment to arrive. If interested, I suggest you contact Revzilla and ask to be alerted when they arrive. There may be other retail outlets but Revzilla offers a small discount and a 5% future credit.
  5. holydiverQc

holydiverQc n00b

Oddometer:
    anyone running knobby tires ? how it is on and off the road . currently taking motorcycle course to get my license and pretty much going to buy a versys x as my first bike , had some dirt bike so I like the fact its not too heavy and versatile , and I think a set of more off road capable tire would help a lot for trail riding
  6. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    Yes, they would HD-QC
  7. imretired

imretired Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tall brother, I went right to the battery with a 5amp fuse and a toggle switch for my dual USB ports.
  8. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    versys.jpg Picked mine up today. No tool kit under seat. Is there supposed to be one? If so, what tools are in it?

Traveling for work and won't get home until Sunday so until then it is stranded in back of my pickup. :(
    Bug Dr. likes this.
  9. adsinger

adsinger Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer:
    There is a tray under the seat with a catch at the rear. Lift it up, the tools are under it.
  10. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll look in morning Saw the tray and assumed the tools would be in it not under it and dealer was unaware.
  11. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    lookin good fuzzman! I cannot wait to get mine. I have not been this excited about a bike since my 88 xr200 when I was 13. ha ha! I have a massive soft spot for small bore engines. My patriot and micra both have small fuel efficient motors and do everything I ask of them. I expect my small cc'ed bikes will do the same!
  12. PaD

PaD Serial beginner

Oddometer:
    Has anyone fitted a clip on wind deflector to the Versys-x screen?
    Bought a Nolan N44 for the wide opening but find it very niosy. Thought I'd try changing the airflow.
    Not sure that is problem though.
    I did noticed some turbulence shaking my helmet during my first "longer" ride yester day ( 60miles:D) but it could have been caused in combination with side wind.
    I'm 5'8" and have the tall seat.
  13. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    That would be my first try for the shield.
  14. daniyal

daniyal imagine all the choices today alone presented...

Oddometer:
    NJ (West Coast at Heart, I'll get there!)
    Thank you for the response, this forum is great!

Been watching your videos, they are what helped me decide that i really like this bike!

My mom's brother (my uncle) lives in Orofino... I love it out there, hoping to move to Washington or Oregon in the not too distant future...

Thanks again!
  15. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I was at work by 6:30 AM and left at noon for 500 miles of driving to pick up bike and get to where I had to be for work at 6:00 this morning. Just took a quick 2 mile ride before loading on my truck. I think I am really going to like it and will take a little getting used to the higher RPM. I'm OK with high RPM, just need to get comfortable with shift points. Of course with only 200 miles on it kept low engine speed as it is still being broke in. My Honda NC redline is 6,500 rpm.

I hope to get off in time tomorrow to get home, unload it and ride a bit. I can work short hours Monday so may take it for leisurely break in ride 65 miles each way for work. It is really a hardship to get paid mileage when riding an MC. :-)
    turbodieseli4i6 likes this.
  16. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's my only "issue" with it as well. the high RPM....but it's not an issue really....just in my head. That being said, I would be banging off the rev limiter constantly on the NC. Can't please me! ha ha.
  17. polishadam82

polishadam82 black sheep

Oddometer:
    I have tall seat for sale if anyone is interested also have stock low one for sale PM if interested
  18. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sad site. :(::(::(:

Second night in a row tied in back of pickup in hotel parking lot. Short work day tomorrow then home to be released and ridden. versys 1.jpg
    Magpie842 likes this.
  19. Tallbrother

Tallbrother Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How did you route the wire to the battery? Did you have to remove the gas tank or any of the fairing or side panels?
  20. imretired

imretired Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ran the wire next to other wires on the side stand side. If you reach in the radiator side vent, to the rear, you can feel a wire harness. It goes through a steel wire loop that protects the wires from the engine. Then I threaded up through an opening at the rear on the gas tank at edge of the loop the seat hooks to.
    I hope that makes sense.