Kawasaki Versys-X 300

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by shyam334, Nov 8, 2016.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    didn't really weigh them but stock muffler seemed to be twice as heavy as the Yoshi pipe. I will try to weigh the old one tonight.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  2. Jaime_Jaramillo

Jaime_Jaramillo n00b

Oddometer:
    I have a question. This bike is fine for a taller guy ?(6'3" @ 225 lb). Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  3. Lesharoturbo

Lesharoturbo Nerdly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am 6'6.5" and 220 lbs. It comes real close to fitting me in stock form with the low seat that is standard in the USA.

With a tall seat, I do not think you will have a problem.

BTW, I have long legs at 36" inseam.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  4. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm 225 but under 6 foot. I have no issues. If you fit, you will be fine. Seating seems similar to a Vstrom 650 but the bars and ground are slightly closer.
  5. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    IMG_3602.JPG

-Jake
  6. Lesharoturbo

Lesharoturbo Nerdly Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. EastBoundAndDown

EastBoundAndDown Ron - 300XC-W DR650 T1050SE

Oddometer:
    Anyone put knobs on her and rip the gravel and dirt yet?
  9. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why you need knobs for that?
  10. EastBoundAndDown

EastBoundAndDown Ron - 300XC-W DR650 T1050SE

Oddometer:
    You dont. Just wanna see.
  11. Deadlyapollo

Deadlyapollo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to put some more aggressive tires on. Travels fine on gravel but I went around a dirt bike trail in a cornfield and the back end just slid around even below 20mph. Meanwhile the other guy is just tearing it up in full on mad max style knobbies and laughing at me
  12. Gramp-Z

Gramp-Z Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pardon me if I missed it , but has anyone had their bike re programed for the aftermarket muffler ? The video on previous page it sounded like a pop or two . Lets not get the 300 thrown in with all the Harleys that sound like a briggs and stratton with a burnt valve . Cracks me up when I see and hear a Harley that set them back between $15,000 and $30,000 with some god awful loud pipes that runs like crap . All because they did not rejet or remap for the pipes . Though the deeper throaty sound was nice , how much louder are they ?
  13. Deadlyapollo

Deadlyapollo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From all the videos posted......all 2 of them, the sound from the yoshi and ackra pipes really don't sound much different than stock. Slightly deeper down low but without a meter they both sound very similar in decibels. Still sounds like an angry sewing machine.
  14. adsinger

adsinger Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer:
    I did not reprogram. According to Akropovich, reprogramming is not needed unless a full system is installed (which they don't offer for the VX300). Mine does not pop at all, as smooth as stock, not loud, but not quite as wimpy as stock. It actually sounds, to me at least, the way it should have always sounded.
    Kd70qc likes this.
  15. PaD

PaD Serial beginner

Oddometer:
    Do you run it with the db-killer installed?
  16. asaulo1

asaulo1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed the DB killer on mine. When we had our Groms with the Yoshi pipes, one of the Groms didn't have the DB killer and it was a little too loud for me...
    PaD likes this.
  17. asaulo1

asaulo1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it's actually deeper sounding than stock especially in full throttle... I agree that you can still hear the twin engine screaming above the exhaust but it does sound better than stock.
  18. asaulo1

asaulo1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've done a few dirt trail rides on the stock tires and so far, it's held up it's own. I mean, it would definitely hook up better with 70/30 or 50/50 tires but I wouldn't know how it would react in paved roads which is where I do most of my riding.... here's one of the more gnarly trails I've tried the VX300 on...
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  19. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone's dealer received the parts for the tail light recall? I've waited 3 weeks for the Kawi options to arrive (all back ordered) so they could install everything at once. Everything but panniers has arrived and now dealer can't install options and close the deal until recall has been done. Not impressed with Kawi so far but hopefully will like the bike.
  20. BigCanoe

BigCanoe Vespa Man

Oddometer:
    Hi! How is this bike on the highway? Does the wind push it around much? Is it stable? I used to have a VStrom 650 and it felt a bit unstable to me in stock form. I assume since this is a brand new model aftermarket support is small so far? Racks, tanks, skid plate, exhaust, etc?

I have owned a ton of bikes but right now just the scooter. I am actually missing shifting though so I am thinking of going back and this new model really caught my eye! I mostly ride country roads, some gravel, little highway. I ride one-up as my wife has her own scooter. I am 5'11 and 215lbs so most bikes fit me pretty well.