1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Z1000S

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by RaY YreKa, Sep 29, 2010.

1. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nCy8AYhcqUY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nCy8AYhcqUY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  2. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPS0gNvXR9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPS0gNvXR9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  3. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kind of a bummer, that... but the red is sweet. Ill be riding one at at 130 today, and will report ergos. Sitting on it it seemed fine (I am 6'1", 240). The windshield adjustment is easy... push a botton down and tilt the screen.
  4. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  5. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road Supporter

Oddometer:
    you mean it's already here? I was over at the local Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership yesterday. They still have 2009's on the floor. A very poor selection of bikes, no 2011 models at all. Maybe I will make it out to see a different dealer (18 miles away) on my lunch break...
  6. jagred

jagred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really? They take such a great bike and for the US they brand it as a "Ninja"? I know Ninja's are great bikes. But the name has such a boy racer Squid connotation.

Is it possible that they may lose a few mature American buyers who pass on the Z1000S because of the Ninja label? I guess they are banking on the name recognition actually helping. It might attract some, but it makes me think twice. I suppose I am too vain. :wink:
  7. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap E-Tarded

Oddometer:
    How cool is that! I am sorely disappointed the US isn't getting ABS.
  8. jagred

jagred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or too old :cry
  9. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    I don't care what they call it. And I am, I must admit, a bit on the "mature" side. A good bike can connect you to the adrenal glands you once knew...
  10. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    Kawasaki dealer show in Vegas.

[​IMG]
  11. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap E-Tarded

Oddometer:

That's what I meant about tail cases and high tail ends. That looks stoopit as all phuk.
  12. jfurf

jfurf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the same thought, too, but maybe they did the market research and found that this bike appeals to a lot of now-40-year-olds who grew up in the 80s and fondly remember the GPz and still want something a sporty bike that doesn't put them in the pipe-and-slippers FJR crowd. :D
  13. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    I suspect that the target audience for this bike doesn't include too many people who are going to get their Huggies in a wad over the name.
  14. L.B.S.

L.B.S. Long timer

Oddometer:

!!!:eek1

Really? I mean, sure, personally I wish all bikes were several thousand dollars less than what they are too, but you honestly think 10,999.00 is too much? Man that sounds dirt cheap to me!

Up here in Canuckville, a CBF 1000 lists at 12,999.00 an '09 800 Interceptor: $15,299.00 an '08 CBR1000RR $15,549.00 a 1200VFR is $19,999.00 etc.

My '09 F800ST started @ $12,500.00 and only went up from there...:puke1
  15. jeffs900s

jeffs900s Prophet of Doom

Oddometer:
    Love it. Wish we could get the ABS version, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Now, how can I possibly justify owning one of these and my GS? :D
  16. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    It is probably the right amount, but too much for me, right now. I'm more likely to drop a tooth on the front sprocket of the FZ6 and get new fork springs. If I was in the market for a new bike, it'd have to be on the list. Realistically, it is the same price as an F800ST, and likely a slightly better value.
  17. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
  18. A Knight Who Says Ni

A Knight Who Says Ni Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess the green version is the ABS model?

dammit kawasaki, give us the ABS one also
  19. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    the first thing I thought to compare it too was the new Triumph Sprint GT, which, if memory serves me correctly, is priced at $13,199 including bags and ABS brakes. So I think $10,999 for this bike w/o ABS or bags is a fair price. I suspect the Z1000SX will have better brake and suspension than the GT, but I am just basing that off the specs I have seen. I have not seen either bike in the flesh.

That green with ABS is smokin' hot, though... :clap
  20. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    I agree - I think if I can get one of these I may just go with the side cases and not add the trunk, or use the trunk only when taking a trip. Of course a duffel bag strapped to the seat would be fine also. I don't expect SWMBO will be taking any long rides on it. :lol3