KDX replacement woods bike ?

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by ohgood, May 14, 2015.

1. Bump Stop

Bump Stop 2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer:
  2. dhallilama

dhallilama Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm the same. one of the things that led me to a 90s Husky... cheaper than dirt.
  3. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    I Stand corrected.. i was going by the sherco by bulttaco bikes in the early days of sherco, i had a jarvis model back then.
  4. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    thank you, this is great information. it's easy to find reviews of brand-new bikes online, but finding reliable data about a decades-old bike is not so easy.

i took the kdx for a short dualsport shakedown consisting of about 20 miles street (vibration/assembly testing?) and 4 miles of easy dirt (reliability/rider testing?) and it was flawless.

this has convinced me to keep my eyes peeled for the bikes mentioned in this thread, but to also keep the kdx for a while longer, and grind out the bosses if/when it needs seals again, upgrade the suspension, and generally, BEAT on it :clap
  5. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    yea, soooooo, about that updating thing....

maybe in another five or ten years.

I'll just keep fixing things i break and riding this snot rocket
  6. RBrider

RBrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ook for a Gas Gas. they were better than KTMs till at least 2008 and had a better price. The motors also haven't changed in 15 years so parts are easy to find.

This!! You can get a nice early '00 GG 200 for a 1,000 or so. Both the XC & EC have lighting coils. I bought a ' 01 XC 200 last fall and love it for woods riding. I've kept my '06 EXC 450 (plated) for d/s riding.

RB